Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over a year away still? They must really be putting a lot into this inside.

I can’t imagine ever paying that much, even with that kind of immersive experience, but hopefully it finds its niche.

Its an experience not a resort to hang out at. They don't want you to think of this as a hotel.
Its a quick experience for how much you are paying if its 2K on up a person. First day can be maybe 5 or 6 hours as usual check ins are 3 or 4pm, its disney so i doubt you will be up til 1am, then you have 1 full day and night, then next morning is a check out. Just hoping they can deliver on their experience part of it, they care more about bottom line these days it seems but i will keep open mind.

Let's work this out for a second. If it's all inclusive, you're looking at 5 meals (2B, 1L, 2D). Regular meal plan is $75 for counter, sit-down, 2 snacks. Let's just say this is it. You're looking at approximately $150 for food. We'll go cheap on the hotel and call it $225/night. We're already at $600 just for those two things. Land admission, $100. $700 now. All the other incidentals, experience pricing (they'll have to pay CMs a real wage), I can see this upping to another $300 for a $1000.

I'd say you're looking at between $850 on sale (if they ever have to) to $2500 depending upon room, up-charges, time of year, etc.

This is news that isn't really news. Until there is an actual date .. saying "coming in 2021" with no other real details is nothing new. I think most of us expected this wouldn't been open in 2020 (though I was personally hoping it would be open in late 2020 for my 10th anniversary).

As for price, .. my guess is this will be a per/person charge . .not a per/night charge .. just like a cruise ship. So, ya .. I don't see this being less than $800-1000/person. Which is a pretty tough pill to swallow considering 3-4 day Disney cruise pricing is about that (with a lot more things to do and places to see).

I just still wonder what this Batuu land experience will be? I would assume they JUST let you go in Galaxy's Edge .. and not leave to the rest of DHS (to continue the immersion). Which means you would get access to the land either really EARLY .. or really LATE.

Long story short, they need to provide more details .. such as price and what this experience includes to build some more hype than a few concept drawings.

As for price, .. my guess is this will be a per/person charge . .not a per/night charge .. just like a cruise ship. So, ya .. I don't see this being less than $800-1000/person. Which is a pretty tough pill to swallow considering 3-4 day Disney cruise pricing is about that (with a lot more things to do and places to see).

Agreed. And when estimating cost, you also have to include the fact that because this is an immersive experience, you will have paid actors working basically around the clock. Even cruise ship entertainment is limited to show times, but by its very nature this experience has been touted to be FULLY immersive. So multiply your entertainment budget by 3 shifts to cover all hours. I fully expect this to be more expensive than a 3 day Disney cruise per person, but I'll take a pleasant surprise if it comes :)

RE: land access - I don't see how they could provide exclusive access to Batuu outside of pre-park opening or after closing...unless they close the land early every couple of days and treat it like they do the party nights at MK. Not ideal, but certainly a possibility.

Agreed. And when estimating cost, you also have to include the fact that because this is an immersive experience, you will have paid actors working basically around the clock. Even cruise ship entertainment is limited to show times, but by its very nature this experience has been touted to be FULLY immersive. So multiply your entertainment budget by 3 shifts to cover all hours. I fully expect this to be more expensive than a 3 day Disney cruise per person, but I'll take a pleasant surprise if it comes :)

RE: land access - I don't see how they could provide exclusive access to Batuu outside of pre-park opening or after closing...unless they close the land early every couple of days and treat it like they do the party nights at MK. Not ideal, but certainly a possibility.
If they close that section of the park early, that just adds to the cost of the experience :).

Though -- if Galaxy's Edge is just open to "cruiser" guests .. I would think it would feel pretty empty and lifeless with only a few hundred people walking around *shrug*.

If they close that section of the park early, that just adds to the cost of the experience :).

Though -- if Galaxy's Edge is just open to "cruiser" guests .. I would think it would feel pretty empty and lifeless with only a few hundred people walking around *shrug*.

LOL I don't know - I want to say that DAH event tickets are equally limited (for some reason I thought they sell less than 800-ish tickets to those events on a given night) and they provide access to a whole park - this is just the land as opposed to all of HS. There's definitely precedent for it working pretty darn well.

Has there been any information (or speculation) on how reservations will work? We're committed to going at pretty much any price point, and are basing our next WDW trip almost entirely around this, so I want to be able to sign up as soon as possible.

Does it seem likely that it will compare to DCL bookings? I know those are available really far in advance.

Has there been any information (or speculation) on how reservations will work? We're committed to going at pretty much any price point, and are basing our next WDW trip almost entirely around this, so I want to be able to sign up as soon as possible.

Does it seem likely that it will compare to DCL bookings? I know those are available really far in advance.

I don't see why they'd need to open reservations for any longer a period than they currently allow with any onsite stays - especially given the fact that it's a limited-stay experience and they WANT people booking it as part of a longer vacation with stays at onsite resorts so they can visit the other parks and the rest of HS.

Polygon article that just came out says starts at 3300$ for five people but i can't find the source of that, so they might have just made it up. They do link to disney blog but i don't see that price listed.

Polygon article that just came out says starts at 3300$ for five people but i can't find the source of that, so they might have just made it up. They do link to disney blog but i don't see that price listed.
Disney themselves has not announced pricing.

That's such a weird number of people to give a price for. I'd have thought a price for either 2 or 4 people, but 5 just seems a weird price. I'm not buying it.

That's such a weird number of people to give a price for. I'd have thought a price for either 2 or 4 people, but 5 just seems a weird price. I'm not buying it.

Is 5 the max capacity of the larger cabins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter