Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

siren0119

DIS Veteran
I would say that's my biggest concern with the success of this in the format they have been pitching. You really need good improv actors that can work for long periods (or a LARGE stable of good improvisers). Your face characters need to be talented in similar ways, but they get frequent breaks from having to be "ON" where this would be a marathon of sorts. It's one of the aspects of this I'm most interested in how they execute it.

minthorne

Earning My Ears
Standard cabin will be $6600 plus tax and tip for the first 2 people (regardless if 2 adults or adult and child). Solo travelers will have to pay the full $6600.
Additional Adult will be $1500 per week
Additional Child will be $1250 per week

All of this information has been confirmed by a Bus Driver and Magic 8 Ball. Plus I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Runnsally

DIS Veteran
I would say that's my biggest concern with the success of this in the format they have been pitching. You really need good improv actors that can work for long periods (or a LARGE stable of good improvisers). Your face characters need to be talented in similar ways, but they get frequent breaks from having to be "ON" where this would be a marathon of sorts. It's one of the aspects of this I'm most interested in how they execute it.
Pure speculation, but I doubt there will be much reliance on actual actors. I bet you’ll have a guide/concierge who keeps things moving, but the experiences will be something like “hey we’re getting a transmission” (on a really cool screen), step into this saber training experience (virtual reality), glorified meet and greets, featured entertainer at dinner, etc.

Fangorn

DIS Veteran
Pure speculation, but I doubt there will be much reliance on actual actors. I bet you’ll have a guide/concierge who keeps things moving, but the experiences will be something like “hey we’re getting a transmission” (on a really cool screen), step into this saber training experience (virtual reality), glorified meet and greets, featured entertainer at dinner, etc.
I hear what you're saying, and they could do that. But there are two things that has me thinking they won't go that direction.

First, what few hints they have dropped about the plan for this "totally new, and incredibly immersive" experience, has suggested so much more that what you're describing; with multiple storylines, outcomes and interactions possible for each guest. They won't be able to do that with just a one or two entertainment CMs.

And second, if they try to do what you've described, this new type of entertainment will most assuredly fail. It will be seen as Disney just being cheap.

Steve

siren0119

DIS Veteran
I hear what you're saying, and they could do that. But there are two things that has me thinking they won't go that direction.

First, what few hints they have dropped about the plan for this "totally new, and incredibly immersive" experience, has suggested so much more that what you're describing; with multiple storylines, outcomes and interactions possible for each guest. They won't be able to do that with just a one or two entertainment CMs.

And second, if they try to do what you've described, this new type of entertainment will most assuredly fail. It will be seen as Disney just being cheap.

Steve
Agreed - while it's always possible that they'll fall back on animatronics and AI-related entertainment, the level to which they've been pitching this as a fully immersive experience suggests otherwise. I know that they had lofty goals for interactivity in Batuu that ultimately got cut short, but remember there is no extra charge to enter Batuu once you have a ticket to the park....which means there's no extra business incentive to spend the money on more actors until they have hard data on an increase in attendance. The Halcyon experience is a different animal because guests WILL be paying extra to experience it - so from a business perspective spending the extra $$ on performers will generate a more immediate ROI if it's successful.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.