Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that's my biggest concern with the success of this in the format they have been pitching. You really need good improv actors that can work for long periods (or a LARGE stable of good improvisers). Your face characters need to be talented in similar ways, but they get frequent breaks from having to be "ON" where this would be a marathon of sorts. It's one of the aspects of this I'm most interested in how they execute it.

Standard cabin will be $6600 plus tax and tip for the first 2 people (regardless if 2 adults or adult and child). Solo travelers will have to pay the full $6600.
Additional Adult will be $1500 per week
Additional Child will be $1250 per week

All of this information has been confirmed by a Bus Driver and Magic 8 Ball. Plus I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I would say that's my biggest concern with the success of this in the format they have been pitching. You really need good improv actors that can work for long periods (or a LARGE stable of good improvisers). Your face characters need to be talented in similar ways, but they get frequent breaks from having to be "ON" where this would be a marathon of sorts. It's one of the aspects of this I'm most interested in how they execute it.
Pure speculation, but I doubt there will be much reliance on actual actors. I bet you’ll have a guide/concierge who keeps things moving, but the experiences will be something like “hey we’re getting a transmission” (on a really cool screen), step into this saber training experience (virtual reality), glorified meet and greets, featured entertainer at dinner, etc.

Pure speculation, but I doubt there will be much reliance on actual actors. I bet you’ll have a guide/concierge who keeps things moving, but the experiences will be something like “hey we’re getting a transmission” (on a really cool screen), step into this saber training experience (virtual reality), glorified meet and greets, featured entertainer at dinner, etc.

I hear what you're saying, and they could do that. But there are two things that has me thinking they won't go that direction.

First, what few hints they have dropped about the plan for this "totally new, and incredibly immersive" experience, has suggested so much more that what you're describing; with multiple storylines, outcomes and interactions possible for each guest. They won't be able to do that with just a one or two entertainment CMs.

And second, if they try to do what you've described, this new type of entertainment will most assuredly fail. It will be seen as Disney just being cheap.

Steve

I hear what you're saying, and they could do that. But there are two things that has me thinking they won't go that direction.

First, what few hints they have dropped about the plan for this "totally new, and incredibly immersive" experience, has suggested so much more that what you're describing; with multiple storylines, outcomes and interactions possible for each guest. They won't be able to do that with just a one or two entertainment CMs.

And second, if they try to do what you've described, this new type of entertainment will most assuredly fail. It will be seen as Disney just being cheap.

Steve

Agreed - while it's always possible that they'll fall back on animatronics and AI-related entertainment, the level to which they've been pitching this as a fully immersive experience suggests otherwise. I know that they had lofty goals for interactivity in Batuu that ultimately got cut short, but remember there is no extra charge to enter Batuu once you have a ticket to the park....which means there's no extra business incentive to spend the money on more actors until they have hard data on an increase in attendance. The Halcyon experience is a different animal because guests WILL be paying extra to experience it - so from a business perspective spending the extra $$ on performers will generate a more immediate ROI if it's successful.

What does everyone think the impact will be on the Star Wars hotel? People were to spend a lot of time just doing activity's inside the hotel, and now we have to distance from others,

What does everyone think the impact will be on the Star Wars hotel? People were to spend a lot of time just doing activity's inside the hotel, and now we have to distance from others,

I’m guessing a lot of the construction on this hotel will be delayed and opening will now end up in 2022 at the earliest. By then, everything will be much closer to pre-Covid times and all the experiences will be close to what was originally planned.

Haven’t heard anything about construction but I’m guessing this is low priority compared to park renovations and ride construction.

As for when it opens, I think the hope would be that by the time that happens, we’ll have a vaccine, so any concerns about the virus would be gone. If we don’t have a vaccine, boy that’s a big problem and not just for the Star Wars hotel.

This experience is by no means "low priority" for Disney. Construction on the building is continuing (it was nearly complete from a structural perspective back in March before everything was shut down), and they recently filed permits to begin the installation of the interior sets.

Since they paused construction for 3 months or so, the original timelines are obviously going to now be off by at least that amount. So likely not going to be taking reservations by the end of this year as originally planned.

But this is a huge deal for Disney as it has the potential to be a major transformative concept for the company. They will move this forward as quickly as possible. Now, they may not open it right away if they feel safety could be compromised, but it'll be ready to go just as soon as they feel they can.

Steve

I think they will get the building finished but it won't open like its advertised come of it
1 the number of people who have the money for such an expensive hotel has dropped
2 they have just laid off 28000 people they are not going to want to hire the number of people needed for the experience as was advertised.

I think they will get the building finished but it won't open like its advertised come of it
1 the number of people who have the money for such an expensive hotel has dropped
2 they have just laid off 28000 people they are not going to want to hire the number of people needed for the experience as was advertised.
Interesting.
I tend to think they will open as scheduled. This will be a massive profit center for them and they don’t need a ton of people able to afford it- they just need enough to fill the place up. There are still plenty left.
Also, by next spring/summer it’s very likely the worst of Covid has passed and people will be desperate to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter