STAR WARS: GALACTIC STARCRUISER Official Information & Questions Thread

Some of this discussion reminds me of the anticipation for MF:SR. I got the impression that many expected that to be like a high-level video game. And then it turned out to be something that even a 10 year old (or younger) could do. Or even someone older who has zero video game skills. I hope that the difficulty of the lightsaber training can be adjusted by the CM based on the skill set of the trainee, because it's apparent that if not, there will be great disappointment.

I called when AP sales went live and got through very quickly. I did the pre-check and was placed on hold again. As I sat there waiting, I kept thinking about the price and how claustrophobic it looked to me and how cringy it may be if 1) you get someone way too into it like Comic Book Guy who gets mad if you call an Imperial Walker an AT-AT instead of an A-T - A-T or 2) you get an apathetic teen dragged by family who clearly doesn’t want to be there, and I got cold feet and hung up. I decided I was going to wait for reviews from real people, not Disney bloggers, even if that meant we have to wait longer than expected for our cruise. Of course, I told my children that I couldn’t get booked for dates that worked for us. I was having FOMO, and now I’m not.
Some of this discussion reminds me of the anticipation for MF:SR. I got the impression that many expected that to be like a high-level video game. And then it turned out to be something that even a 10 year old (or younger) could do. Or even someone older who has zero video game skills. I hope that the difficulty of the lightsaber training can be adjusted by the CM based on the skill set of the trainee, because it's apparent that if not, there will be great disappointment.
Yes, that would be very nice! (Re: Adjust the level to accommodate the learner)

The more I see and the more I think about it the entire experience is going to live or die based on the live interactions. The tech isn't going to sell it.
Whether they have enough actors, and whether those actors sell that immersive experience that Disney is promising, is going to be everything here.
Unfortunately that's not going to translate well for advance marketing purposes. Really the only way to know whether Starcruiser is any good or not is going to be from early reviews.

I think I know the answer to this, but has anyone seen merch (or announcements of merch) that would be available outside of the resort?

I ask because we wanted to use Xmas as the “big reveal” to the kids that we are going. I know I can get custom t-shirts made or create my own “boarding passes” and stuff like that, but I was hoping for something official-like to place under the tree.

Pretty sure the answer is “no,” or at least “not yet,” but I wanted to double-check.

Plz and thx.
You could get them new costumes (or elements) for the trip, with the accessories and a “ticket” you make for the Halcyon with a picture of the ship on it. So they can get into the action right away by getting their imaginations going. I like to make surprise trip reveals for my did my kids too. :)

I had an online seller of homemade Star Wars goods from a popular website make me this custom acrylic piece (She usually makes them as ID badges for cosplay/Galaxy’s Edge). I’m gonna figure out how to have my two teens and their younger brother search for the message and decoder Christmas morning. I’m super happy how it came out. 😊61014F3E-6F47-4D1C-BC8D-2AA4F1B7F09A.jpeg

That lightsaber training video looked pretty…. Basic didn’t it?

Not what I expected.

EDIT: even the second thing he was doing was very.. video gamey, and cheap looking

I think Chapek got to this also

I really didn’t know how they were going to pull off the saber training, but I, too, expected more than just moving your blade into a static beam of light.

Whether or not it’s harder than it looks (and I suspect it can be “cranked up” to be very difficult), I agree that it doesn’t really look or feel like bleeding-edge tech. Maybe I’m wrong.

But if I’m right, then there had better be a heck of a lot of presentation and “show” around this to compensate for the underwhelming technology.

Hello! Please add us to the roll call for June 7, 2022. I reserved a Galaxy Suite back in October with the Disney Visa cardholder pre sale. It will be me, my husband and my 16 year old son who we told there was no possible way we would spend the money to do this. Will likely surprise him with the news at Christmas. The price point is pretty hefty so I hope it is all worth it in the end but it will certainly be a new experience for us.

The bridge looked better in this. Man that dude was cringe though.

Also maybe considering the reaction the lightsaber training video got they might want to consider not talking that part up any more..

Of course, this video itself probably was released primarily to gauge what the public thinks, so Disney has time to test and adjust.

So now they know the bridge looks like a bad ‘80’s sci-fi TV show, and the saber training features some pretty unimpressive tech.

Here’s hoping they spend the next three months making changes. I won’t be thrilled if I drop all this $$$ and wind up feeling like I’m on the set of Season 2 of “Buck Rogers.”

Last edited:
Of course, this video itself probably was released primarily to gauge what the public thinks, so Disney has time to test and adjust.

So now they know the bridge looks like a bad ‘80’s sci-fi TV show, and the saber training features some pretty unimpressive tech.

Here’s hoping they spend the next three months making changes. I won’t be thrilled if I drop all this $$$ and wind up feeling like I’m on the set of Season 2 of “Buck Rogers.”

I really doubt they can make major fundamental changes in 3 months. If you don't like how it looks now, you won't like it in March.

Also the bridge aesthetic is 100% in keeping with Star Wars. The computers are supposed to look like late 70s/early 80s sci-fi with big chunky buttons. That's how they're always portrayed in the movies. It's not going to look like Mission: Space.

I really doubt they can make major fundamental changes in 3 months. If you don't like how it looks now, you won't like it in March.

Also the bridge aesthetic is 100% in keeping with Star Wars. The computers are supposed to look like late 70s/early 80s sci-fi with big chunky buttons. That's how they're always portrayed in the movies. It's not going to look like Mission: Space.

Okay but the pull a lever to jump to hyperspace is silly. Is this Spaceballs?

Spaceballs took that from Star Wars, that's how they always did it on the Millennium Falcon.

Look, it's a Star Wars resort. It's going to have Star Wars stuff. It's fair to think that looks silly, but it's authentic to Star Wars and it's what fans of the movies are going to be looking for with this place.

Completely disagree with this, unless you meant space balls, which is a parody. It looks like a childrens toy from the 80s. That’s not what people expect. Star Wars fans especially who are spending alot

Again though. I won’t really let it affect anything till I see more of it when it opens

Spaceballs took that from Star Wars, that's how they always did it on the Millennium Falcon.

Look, it's a Star Wars resort. It's going to have Star Wars stuff. It's fair to think that looks silly, but it's authentic to Star Wars and it's what fans of the movies are going to be looking for with this place.
Nah, the falcon had a small lever that they slightly pushed forward. Others ships jumped without any lever pulls or pushes. Nothing so ridiculously oversized and simple looking as the preview clip, except Spaceballs.

I didn’t say major fundamental changes. I said “test and adjust”.

And Disney does this kind of thing all the time - a “sneak peek” to gather preliminary feedback and see what tweaks can be made before opening. I guarantee Disney has people reading the reaction comments to this video and compiling the most repeated comments to pass along to the Imagineering teams.

I’m quite familiar with the SW aesthetic, and there’s nothing wrong with the chunky buttons. The bridge consoles themselves just looked, like, not substantial. Maybe it’s just the way the video was shot, but the first word that popped into my head was “flimsy.”

I also wonder if the space battle on the bridge viewport was added later on after the video was filmed.

Believe me, I want this to be awesome. I just hope they keep refining what they can before 3/1.

Okay but the pull a lever to jump to hyperspace is silly. Is this Spaceballs?

In the movies, the Falcon’s navigation computer (L3) needed time to calculate the route, but the actual trigger to go into hyperspace was indeed the lever.

Would a modern starcruiser have the same instrumentation as an old freighter? Probably not, but the lever is evocative of the films, so I can see why they stuck with that.

Completely disagree with this, unless you meant space balls, which is a parody. It looks like a childrens toy from the 80s. That’s not what people expect. Star Wars fans especially who are spending alot

Again though. I won’t really let it affect anything till I see more of it when it opens

Here's a picture from a Star Destroyer bridge in the movies. I see the same monochrome green computer screens. The same big chunky buttons and controls.

Again, you might not like the aesthetic but it's clearly correct to the universe they're trying to depict.

In the movies, the Falcon’s navigation computer (L3) needed time to calculate the route, but the actual trigger to go into hyperspace was indeed the lever.

Would a modern starcruiser have the same instrumentation as an old freighter? Probably not, but the lever is evocative of the films, so I can see why they stuck with that.

Worth noting that while the Starcruiser is portrayed as a luxury ship, it's also a very old one. They've announced tie-in comics and books that link it to the High Republic, which means it's been around for several hundred years at least.

Worth noting that while the Starcruiser is portrayed as a luxury ship, it's also a very old one. They've announced tie-in comics and books that link it to the High Republic, which means it's been around for several hundred years at least.

I don't follow the High Republic stuff, so I had no idea it was supposed to be an old ship. Thanks for the heads up.

But still, I would think there would have been refurbishments and upgrades along the way?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter