Star Tours?

teach22180

DIS Veteran
I just realized Star Tours looks like it's not moving to Galaxy's Edge. Do you think they will keep it, even if it's not in GE? I'll be there in October, and while I'm okay with seeing or not seeing GE depending on the craziness, I will be so sad not to see Star Tours.

Several reports have said that ST is staying for the time being and I think that's wise. Star Tours is not really set in Batuu and can be updated easily to fit the new movie so keep ST and people that can't make it into the land will have a SW fix. Also they have said that Launch Bay will stay as well, again for the time being

To bring in all those Star Wars fans with only one SW attraction open is going to be wild. To do it while closing the other existing Star Wars attraction would just be insane.

Several reports have said that ST is staying for the time being and I think that's wise. Star Tours is not really set in Batuu and can be updated easily to fit the new movie so keep ST and people that can't make it into the land will have a SW fix. Also they have said that Launch Bay will stay as well, again for the time being
Yep everything is staying for the needed capacity. Eventually things will change, move, and close.

Most likely will stay as it is until both attractions are open (they'll need it to help with crowds). After about a year or so, most likely will be rethemed to another IP.

Most likely will stay as it is until both attractions are open (they'll need it to help with crowds). After about a year or so, most likely will be rethemed to another IP.

I agree - I think it's time is limited to a few more years before it's re-themed.

I believe DSNY Webcast had some recent on this topic where it was stated Star Tours would be staying as is for now. They had some interesting speculation about bridging the gap between Galaxy's Edge and Star Tours since not much separates the two. That would entail relocating Muppets which currently sits between the two which I guess is feasible.

Star Tours is part of the "Celebration of Star Wars" so I wouldn't see it connect to Galaxy's Edge. Also, it would need to be re-themed to be less of a movie set (see backside of the AT-AT).

After watching Smuggler's Run, I really hope they don't replace Star Tours too soon, Star Tours still looks a lot better in my opinion and captures the magic of the films a lot better to me

I really hope they get rid of Star Tours and do a re-theme of all of Tomorrowland. I really, really hope they can finally convert Autopia to electric vehicles.

I hope it stays. GE looks cool and all, but I really like that you can still have classic Star Wars stuff in Star Tours (eg: Rebellions, Vader, Leia, Empire), whereas GE is all new trilogy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter