Standard Rooms with Pull Down Bed?

xjillianpaige

adventure is out there
Hi folks,

Currently planning a trip to Disney with 3 friends. Three of the four of us don't mind sharing, but one seems iffy about it and so we'd like to try to get a room (standard w/ 2 queen beds) that has a pull down. I know that Port Orleans Riverside has this because this was the room I stayed in last time, but we're wondering what other rooms have this option.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

Currently planning a trip to Disney with 3 friends. Three of the four of us don't mind sharing, but one seems iffy about it and so we'd like to try to get a room (standard w/ 2 queen beds) that has a pull down. I know that Port Orleans Riverside has this because this was the room I stayed in last time, but we're wondering what other rooms have this option.

Thanks!

Other than Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach is the only standard (non villa, non suite) resort that has them.

The Pull Down is smaller than a twin bed. It is intended for a child

That's fine. I'm small and the tallest of us used it last time and she says she fit (she's 5'9" but likes her feet to hang off the end of a bed).

Other than Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach is the only standard (non villa, non suite) resort that has them.

Thanks!

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Stayed at beach club and Carribean Beach last year, both had the pull down bed.

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Stayed at beach club and Carribean Beach last year, both had the pull down bed.

Beach Club rooms do not have the pull down Murphy Bed like the OP asked about. Beach Club rooms may have a daybed or a sleeper sofa. The Beach Club Villas do have the pull down Murphy Bed, but OP asked about standard rooms, not Villas.

There are actually lots of resorts with standard rooms that sleep 5 on a pull down or daybed:
Caribbean Beach
POR
Contemporary
YC/BC
Boardwalk
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

You said standard rooms so I didn't mention those... but if you are open to a DVC studio there are more.

Are they reservable categories?

Someone else can correct me if I am mistaken, but I think the moderates (CBR and POR) do not have murphy beds in all rooms. You would need to be a party of 5 to be guaranteed a room with a murphy bed. I *think* the deluxe resorts I listed have the extra bed in all the standard rooms. You can call Disney to confirm.

Someone else can correct me if I am mistaken, but I think the moderates (CBR and POR) do not have murphy beds in all rooms. You would need to be a party of 5 to be guaranteed a room with a murphy bed. I *think* the deluxe resorts I listed have the extra bed in all the standard rooms. You can call Disney to confirm.

I believe at POR and CBR it is a bookable category - it has shown up in my search for 1 person.

However, should a family of 5 have to extend their stay (weather, etc. causing flight issues), a smaller party would be moved to a 4-person-accommodating room at/before check-in.

I believe all 2 queen CBR rooms have the pull down with the exception for the Pirate Rooms, so you should be fine as long as you're not booking a Pirate Room. The rooms at POR w/ the pull down are all in the Alligator Bayou area. Not sure if that is something specifically bookable or not.

The only deluxes that won't have the daybed in the standard rooms are the lodges (WL and AKL). So you should have plenty of options there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter