Stalking vs. Waitlist - Stalking Wins Again

Yep same for me, stalking worked a few minutes ago, 3 nights at Poly showed up for Labor Day weekend, and during booking the site went down again and I lost them.
Stalking just paid off for this!! I almost choked when I hit refresh and it showed the majority of Sept Oct and Nov open at the Poly. I thought for sure it was a mistake, but 20 minutes later on the phone and I have all my nights at the Poly now so I don't have to move.

Stalking just paid off for this!! I almost choked when I hit refresh and it showed the majority of Sept Oct and Nov open at the Poly. I thought for sure it was a mistake, but 20 minutes later on the phone and I have all my nights at the Poly now so I don't have to move.
And wow, just like that they are gone from the tool, but they are showing in my reservations, so it appears I have them! There must have only been one room.

I had two WL both for 1bd BCV but different trips. Last night my dec filled so now I only have the hard to get one in October. Its only for one night added to beginning of our trip so if it doesnt happen I will make sure I have a backup. DH won't be thrilled as he hates moving and will never consider a split stay.

My previous post because my stalking has continued. Yesterday I canceled Boulder Ridge on night three in favor of a Lakeview studio at BLT. So that left me with the poly for two nights followed by the one night at BLT.

Today I found the first two nights in a standard studio at BLT, so I grab that and canceled the Polynesian. So now I have two nights in a standard followed by one night in a Lakeview for the three nights that I need for food and wine race weekend. I did put a waitlist to try to get all three nights in the same view.

Stalking DVC website has become a new hobby. Who knows where I'll end up sleeping those three nights.

As an aside, the poly nights showed up as available right after I canceled them and they disappeared within a couple of hours.

So I am quoting myself again because it looks like my waitlist has come through for the third night in a standard studio at BLT. While I was on the phone with Member Services this morning, I noticed that one of my waitlists disappeared from my dashboard. I had read on the DIS that if your waitlist disappears from your dashboard, it means that you have an uncompleted match. The cast member confirmed that she could see the match in my file, but she didn't complete the match for me. So hopefully that all pans out and I have a three night stay in a standard view thanks to a combination of stalking and waitlisting.

My wife and I are debating stalking vs waitlist now. We have Dec 14-17 at Poly in a Lake view Studio. We're currently waitlisted at BWV in a G/P Studio and a G/P 1 bedroom. 2 of the 3 nights are available in the 1 bedroom so we've thought about booking them and just waitlisting the 1 night still needed. We've always had great luck "stalking", but we're nervous for this time because it'll be our son's 1st Disney trip and we don't wanna risk it and end up losing Poly also and being stuck at SSR.

I have been stalking at least 3x a day for our 12/13-16 split stay OKW/Kidani trip but got too busy today at work so didn't look between 9am and 4:30pm. Waitlist matched sometime in that interim. Then during my call to MS to confirm the match, my other WL (which was almost identical also matched). I looked at RAT and my canceled room was immediately available. In the end we got exactly what we were looking for. (Now if only there was a WL for dining

Last edited:
I'm going to give a point to waitlist now. I've been stalking like crazy for my one missing night and waitlist grabbed it for me and I'm sure it never showed up on the site. I know because I was refreshing for a week straight.

@kmorlock Touring Plans has a dining res tool. Sign up for a free account, you have to jump through a few hoops to navigate to it vs the paid membership. Then you can set up two separate "waitlists".
Here's the kicker though...you have to be lightening fast when you get the text with link that it matched something for you.
I received notifications several times, and finally was quick enough to get the BOG lunch res that matched. Once you get that notification it deactivates the search so if you don't get it you have to go back in and restart it.

I just checked this morning and it looks like either the rat is broken or a bunch of rooms just got put back into the system. Poly, ssr, ak, okw, Bwv

I just checked this morning and it looks like either the rat is broken or a bunch of rooms just got put back into the system. Poly, ssr, ak, okw, Bwv

A bunch of rooms must have been brought online as I just booked Poly for New Years Day.

I just totally took advantage. Thanks

Good Morning haven't posted in a while. I stalked for tonight and after doing so finally got the room at the SSR. Waitlist didn't work for me..

Just cancelled waitlists as BWV rooms just opened up for our dates of travel!

@kmorlock Touring Plans has a dining res tool. Sign up for a free account, you have to jump through a few hoops to navigate to it vs the paid membership. Then you can set up two separate "waitlists".
Here's the kicker though...you have to be lightening fast when you get the text with link that it matched something for you.
I received notifications several times, and finally was quick enough to get the BOG lunch res that matched. Once you get that notification it deactivates the search so if you don't get it you have to go back in and restart it.
Thanks, I thought it could only be done with a paid account. I'll definitely look at that option again. We would like to change Boma to Sanaa on a specific night. Thanks again!

Just a heads up, while I have no problem posting this info to my disboards family, someone just posted this on a FB DVC page, so if you're on the fence, you better move fast. I tried to get my daughter to book for the fall, and she just continues to drag her feet. She definitely didn't get that from me. Heck I just booked my June 1 2018 room this morning, and working on my 7 month February 2018 trip, while fine tuning my September before and after cruise trip, along with my late October trip. This is a full time job....

I'm all set if it doesn't come through for me but getting Wed Nov 8th in a standard view studio at Poly would save me some points and a room change. Everything keeps opening up all around it except that day! It's a darn Wednesday what gives!

I'm all set if it doesn't come through for me but getting Wed Nov 8th in a standard view studio at Poly would save me some points and a room change. Everything keeps opening up all around it except that day! It's a darn Wednesday what gives!

Keep watching because there is going to be lots of movement over the next few days as waitlist get filled too. I'm watching for 1 day too. It's a Thursday 9/7. Everything opens around it. I'm booked, but wanted to change room to a standard to save points.

I also changed some of my room choices. While I've seen this happen before, I've never so many resorts show up at the same time....esp poly and Bwv
I've seen it happen with poly. But like you said, not that many all at once. I'm so happy because we just switched dates last week and just snagged the exact resorts at we booked at 7 months- at 78 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!