Stalking Stitch from sunset lakes dec 2010 pre trippie

Hello :wave2:

I just noticed your Pre Trip and wanted to come over and see all your plans!

That Villa is gorgeous I wouldn't mind having a cheeky drink in that balcony with the sun setting Good find :thumbsup2

I hope you get to bag a meet and greet at the wrestling!

And what you said about getting the maps out and listing the kids favourite got me excited :banana:

Keep up with the good planning

Leanne xoxo

We have just 26 days till the park hours are out and we can make our ADRs :yay: its getting very exciting around here!!

We have made the decision yesterday that we are going to give the MVMCP a miss as I think its going to be hard going for my kids to stay awake till midnight and in all honesty I believe the money that this will cost will be better used elsewhere.

So we looked into a wishes cruise instead (on a party night so we get to see xmas wishes !!) The cost for this is exactly the same as the party night but I think cuddled under blankets as a family will be far more Magical than trapesing tired kids round a park!!

I am as always open to people opinions on this decision - particulaurly if you have been to the MVMCP :)

We have also decided we definatly want to see the candlelight proccesional and we will book the dining package to eat at Garden Grill - so we get guaranteed seats and charcter interaction :cloud9:

In other news Cam is due to have another operation but we have managed to find a travel insurance that is happy to insure us as long as he is stable at the point of travel !! Of course the fact that we have not paid anything to flights yet due to the amazing service from Christian Lewis Trust helped the insurance company make this decision so another big thumbs up to the Trust :thumbsup2 without them this trip would becoming very unlikely.

Oh and 1 last thought we have just been chatting to the kids and said what are we waiting for ?? Cam and keira quick as anything answered FLORIDA !! Not the answer I was looking for but hey it wors for me :laughing:

Glad your plans are coming together. I love MVMCP as it's great fun and the atmosphere is fantastic. Emily and I plan to go BUT we are just 2 people, you have the cost of six to consider and it would be a very late night, so it's probably the right decision. I have also done the wishes criuse on a few occasions and the only thing I would add is that in December it can be friggin freezing. We went on Christmas day a few years back and it was cold and rained on and off. They provide blankets but it can still be cold.

Now, the carol concert is a must see for us as it's quite emotional, the carols are lovely and it's always great. We always book a dining package for this as people queue for anything from 2 hours to see this show, whereas if you get the package you only need to get there about 30/45 mins before the start to get really good seats. Our fav is Canada, in Epcot for obvious reasons!!
I think that just being in Florida will ensure a magical time, especially with what you have gone through.

Are you planning to go to Universal to see their parade? I've never done this but plan to do it this year.

Really hope that Cameron's op goes ok.

ENJOY YOUR PLANNING!!!

Tina

Glad your plans are coming together. I love MVMCP as it's great fun and the atmosphere is fantastic. Emily and I plan to go BUT we are just 2 people, you have the cost of six to consider and it would be a very late night, so it's probably the right decision. I have also done the wishes criuse on a few occasions and the only thing I would add is that in December it can be friggin freezing. We went on Christmas day a few years back and it was cold and rained on and off. They provide blankets but it can still be cold.
Now, the carol concert is a must see for us as it's quite emotional, the carols are lovely and it's always great. We always book a dining package for this as people queue for anything from 2 hours to see this show, whereas if you get the package you only need to get there about 30/45 mins before the start to get really good seats. Our fav is Canada, in Epcot for obvious reasons!!
I think that just being in Florida will ensure a magical time, especially with what you have gone through.

Are you planning to go to Universal to see their parade? I've never done this but plan to do it this year.

Really hope that Cameron's op goes ok.

ENJOY YOUR PLANNING!!!

Tina

Oh I knew someone would say we had made the wrong decision !!! Think I may email you now Tina and see what you think of our reasoning !!I have so many doubts with MVMCP and reviews are so varied Id like to see what someone who has done it really thinks !

The only reason we have chosen Garden Grill is that the recent of the restaurants have limited options for Keira that are Gluten free and believe it or not Canada is particularly dire with just steak on list of acceptable food !!As much as she likes steak I think she may want something with it :rotfl2:

We are defiantly doing Universal as my kids are very excited about Harry Potter land !! Waynes fav ride ever is also at Universal so while there im sure we will catch Macys parade.

Its a straight forward op this time and expecting no more than 40 mins in theatre so fingers crossed its as simple as expected. I cant wait to see the head teachers face in sept when i tell him we are planning to take cam out agin for a holiday so far this year he has done only 1 full term :lmao:

Louise x

The only reason we have chosen Garden Grill is that the recent of the restaurants have limited options for Keira that are Gluten free and believe it or not Canada is particularly dire with just steak on list of acceptable food !!As much as she likes steak I think she may want something with it :rotfl2: Louise x[/QUOTE]

I like Garden Grill, especially their ice cream. Am picturing Keira with a plate of steak and absolutely nothing else :rotfl2::rotfl2: Think Garden Grill is the right choice for all of you.:thumbsup2

Tina

We didn't do MVMCP back in December 2008 but did stay to watch Wishes and the lighting of the castle (into crystals) on a normal night. Though we love MK we don't particularly like it on a night.

There are a number of reasons why this is so. We love Wishes but find staying out late to be a struggle when we have had a busy day out and about already. Also the optimum viewing point is in front of the castle where everyone else tends to view, people push and shove, strollers are pushed into you and basically the majority of people are tired and not in the best of moods. Wishes is fantastic but then as soon as it is over a lot of people head out of the park. One year it took us an hour and a half to get out of the park and back to the hotel (which was 15 minutes from the park), this was in July though. Standing waiting to get onto to the ferry with little children at the time was no fun, to them it must have been terrible as they were pushed into and couldn't see where they were going because of the crowds around them. However, in December when again we braved the crowds it was not so bad (we did go for a drink to delay the exit but were shattered) getting out but that mammoth experience of getting out of the park really put us off doing Wishes everytime we go to Orlando. I would rather do Epcot as it is easier to get out. With MK you have the line to the ferry/monorail, then have to get a trolley train to your car parking lot.

The lighting of the castle was beautiful and that was done early on at about 6 pm which is unmissable. Personally with your kids being young I would opt for the cruise then at least they are not being jostled about and you can keep track of them, if you think they can all stay awake till 9 pm or whatever time it is. Perhaps have a really relaxing day or an afternoon nap to have the energy to stay out later. We tend to pack a lot into the days, as we want to make the most of it, so tend to feel tired on an evening. Definitely do not miss seeing the castle light up in crystals - it reduced me to tears.

Supposedly it was supposed to be Disney's quietest weeks when we went 10th to 21st December but we saw no difference in the crowd levels compared to peak season July when we are normally there.

I do absolutely adore seeing the fireworks behind the castle but just hate the crowds before and after the fireworks and the travelling to the car when tired.:)

The Osbourne Lights at MGM is fantastic, there is plenty of space and it is easy to get out of the park. The lights are put on here at about 6 pm I think, then have the musical bit on every ten minutes or so, till a set time. There was a lovely atmosphere here.

We also enjoyed Macy's parade - make sure you are near the Christmas tree (as it sends paper snow out when Father Christmas does his countdown). The kids will enjoy seeing all the balloons and the pieces of paper falling from the sky.

Not wishing to wish the time away but looking forward to reading all about your trip Louise.

Surprisingly I have found our next trip is almost upon us too, somehow, it has kind of snuck up on us with us having other things on our minds - but I can now say we are going away on holiday NEXT MONTH - how cool is that?

We're not doing MVMCP either Louise.....we did MNSSHP when we went in 2007 and while we had a good time it just makes the idea of going to the Christmas one kind of an anticlimax (does that make any sense?). Plus it would be one more thing planned, when I'm really trying to keep this a go with the flow kind of trip to minimize the stress of having to be somewhere at a certain time.

I'm desperatly hoping that they are doing the Wishes dessert party then though so that on a non party night I can book that and my mom can see the parade and fireworks without having to camp out on the sidewalk. Desserts for supper....doesn't get any better then that!:banana:

Hi Louise

We have done MVMCP a few times now and DD's love it.

Please let me no if there is anymore info you need:thumbsup2

My youngest DD has a dairy and wheat allergy so I can sympathize with you on that one:scared1:

Sending lots of :hug: for Cam

We didn't do MVMCP back in December 2008 but did stay to watch Wishes and the lighting of the castle (into crystals) on a normal night. Though we love MK we don't particularly like it on a night.

Not wishing to wish the time away but looking forward to reading all about your trip Louise.

Surprisingly I have found our next trip is almost upon us too, somehow, it has kind of snuck up on us with us having other things on our minds - but I can now say we are going away on holiday NEXT MONTH - how cool is that?

Very cool indeed Bev !! Are you going to do a trip report ??
Its all down to your xmas trip report that we are going for the xmas season !! and I often o back and read it again when i need a shot of excitement !! (Hope that wont make me sound liek a stalker - TOO MUCH :lmao:)

Thanks for all the info on what not to miss I really appreciate it and yes my kids will love the falling paper - easily pleased my little munchs :love:

:)Exactly 6 months to go today and I am ridicously excited !!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana:
:banana:

I know 6 months is not exactly tomorrow but hey what can i say its a darn sight closer than 18 months which is where we started this countdown!!
Even more exciting is I have just 3 days till park hours are released and I can start to make adrs !! Whoop whoop :)

Exciting times Louise.

I hope you have everything written down and ready for when you call :goodvibes

First off I have to tell everyone that Disney have officially said that they cannot help us with our surprise - not sure why but the lady I spoke too said that they can only help wish children and as Cam isnt going as a wish child they have been told they cant help :confused3 She gave me a telephone number of a wish charity that would help us but to be honest im so not into the whole asking for a wish thing so for now unless my thinking cap starts to spin again - No major surprise !!
We had asked for a private meet n greet with Stitch so that Cam can say thanks for all the presents that he has recieved from Stitch (KInd dissers really !!:love:) Im not too dissapointed as I somehow knew that it was taking a long time to get the full go ahead which meant that there was a hiccup somewhere ! !!

In other much more exciting news I have made my very first ADR and changing from our orignal ideas we have booked Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8.15 - mainly because on our first morning I really want to get to Magic Kingdom - whenever I think of Disney I think of passing under the Magic Kingdom welcome sign a real statement that we have arrived !! As I know im bound to cry my eyes out I think its a good idea that main street will be empty too :)

Also We have firm plans to meet Jets fan and her niece Emily at universal for the last weekend of our trip !! Cant wait I will actually get to ride on a rollercoaster with my hubby for the very first time - although Im not entirely sure that Jets Fan knows what she is letting herself in for :scared1:

So thats it for now - off to find the park hours to print out and try to get a plan together for all 15 days :rolleyes1

Also We have firm plans to meet Jets fan and her niece Emily at universal for the last weekend of our trip !! Cant wait I will actually get to ride on a rollercoaster with my hubby for the very first time - although Im not entirely sure that Jets Fan knows what she is letting herself in for :scared1:
:rolleyes1

Oh yes I do, I get to ride on tamer rides and have fun:rotfl::rotfl:

:yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay:

Todays news is bought to you in Hulk Green because I have just been and bought our Universal 2 park 14 day tickets :cheer2:

We were given some Thomas Cook vouchers a far while ago so I thought id see if they will still valid and was estatic to not only find out that they would still be usuable but also that i got £4 change !

Also have managed to get my hands a AAA diamond parking pass so no more trams from the car park !! This s shaping up to be the best trip yet :cheer2::cheer2:

Ta Ta for now

Good to see the planning phase is going well.

Free tickets - now that is news worth celebrating :thumbsup2

Hiya, just came across your pre-trippie - I don't know how I missed it :surfweb: Your plans sound great and free tickets - yay! :cool1::banana::woohoo:

Hi Guys
I have been so busy with planning this week I can barely remeber everything I have booked or priced up :)

First up as this is what has excited me to the point of updating my pre trippie...

I Have ordered my Disney tickets :yay::yay::yay:

How exciting is that ??
Other things I have done this week -
* Been shopping for holiday clothes and was quite successful ! DH had a heart attack at howmuch one girl can spend on 1 dress but it is worth it as I loved it !!:lmao:

532014577_1.png

Now I have to add here I dont share Dh feelings on the price I personally thought it was reasonable and have spent far more on a pair of shoes - but we will keep that a little secret between ourselves shall we?? :goodvibes

* Looked into Universal stay for 1 night - basically I have decided I am defo going to do this but im so confused over what resort that Im still sleeping on it :rotfl2:
I love the idea of both Hard Rock and Royal Pacific Resort and will probably end up tossing a coin and booking the winner !!!

* I have quite literally fell in Love with the idea of a room at Bay Lake tower :love: I have spent so long trying to justify the cost that there is no availabilty for our stay :sad1: However its an idea that has only been shelved - not forgotten I will get to stay in that resort 1 day !!!

I have also been working on an idea of a fortnight of surprises for my wonderful family and so far its coming along nicely - More details to follow !!
Heres a clue for one of the things i have booked - pirate:

Be back to bore some more real soon ;)
:cheer2::dance3:

I felt at 118 days to go the time had come to make a countdown calender fo this trip - after hours with kids sticking drawing and cutting here i sour finished article -

40420_1490210129714_1067814739_1436048_3715365_n.jpg

38826_1490208169665_1067814739_1436041_3068347_n.jpg

Makes it look like ages off but my kids are so excited thatthey finally have something to mark the days off !!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Oh Louise it dont matter how long your countdown is, its having one that counts:banana::banana:

The girls always make a calender, but they make theres from travel brochures, they have everything from "mickey Waffles" to pics of rides, but the last day is always the castle and a aeroplane:laughing:

It will be here before you know it:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter