Stairs warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I never realized there were so many stairs at DL before. It seems like a lot of attractions do have stairs in the exits. The things we take for granted when in good health. It is good to know there are alternative routes. I thought the elevators at Indy and Incredicoaster were for the Single Riders, but it makes sense that they are there for those in need too, as ADA compliant is necessary.

I think she’s referring to rides like Indy and the Incredicoaster...
When I read the OP (twice at first) it sounded like they were saying there were stairs just to get through the parks. I was trying to think of where those were and I can't as there aren't any.

Stairs on some rides? Yes, as others have now amply summarized.

:wizard:

I've never really considered how many stairs there are. I guess you're right. My mom has had knee problems for the past 20 years and suffers from RA. We just bring her cane and use the disability access when she starts getting tired. I really have never thought of it, but it's true. It's not just one or two rides. Even some of the dark rides have stairs. So, WDW doesn't have that many stairs? It's been, like, 18 years since I've been there so I don't remember much.

I've never really considered how many stairs there are. I guess you're right. My mom has had knee problems for the past 20 years and suffers from RA. We just bring her cane and use the disability access when she starts getting tired. I really have never thought of it, but it's true. It's not just one or two rides. Even some of the dark rides have stairs. So, WDW doesn't have that many stairs? It's been, like, 18 years since I've been there so I don't remember much.
The only ride that I can think of at WDW that has stairs to exit is dinosaur. FoP has stairs depending on which level you are on. Most of the rides there unload in a separate area or you unload the way you loaded in and then the car moves into the loading area.

If you push the up or down button, the elevator will open.

I am not telling lies. Their are elevators in disneyland! Swear to god!!!!

If you push the up or down button, the elevator will open.

I am not telling lies. Their are elevators in disneyland! Swear to god!!!!
Not being helpful. People need to know where the elevators are and how to get to them. The one is Star Tours isn't exactly standing out going "Take me!!!" Loading into TSMM, if you don't ask about stairs, you load and learn about them after you disembark and try to exit. Indy, the elevators are in a CM area and you need to know to ask. Same with the Incrediacoaster. It is not nearly as simple as "push the button" and saying it is is insulting.

I'm going to close this thread since the topic has run its course, and a new thread with helpful information has been posted. Thank you, everyone, for bringing this to our attention, and thanks, DISers for putting together the info that will help others when visiting the Disneyland Resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter