St Thomas Skyride to Paradise Point

remlap

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Several of the reviews for the gondolas to Paradise Point mention some cruise ships actually sell tickets cheaper at the excursion desk.

Does the Disney Fantasy?

Has anyone done this? How far is the lower station from the dock? I've seen reviews that say walkable and taxi.Also not sure if St. Thomas has more than one cruise dock.

Last time we were on the Eastern we did St. John and the National Park. This time we specifically want to stay and see things on St. Thomas as the only we did was take a taxi to and from the ferry.

Thanks,
Doug

Hi,
Several of the reviews for the gondolas to Paradise Point mention some cruise ships actually sell tickets cheaper at the excursion desk.

Does the Disney Fantasy?

Has anyone done this? How far is the lower station from the dock? I've seen reviews that say walkable and taxi.Also not sure if St. Thomas has more than one cruise dock.

Last time we were on the Eastern we did St. John and the National Park. This time we specifically want to stay and see things on St. Thomas as the only we did was take a taxi to and from the ferry.

Thanks,
Doug
When we stopped there (on the Fantasy) the tram cost the same whether we purchased through DCL or at the tram.

It's about 2-3 blocks. Be cautious, the sidewalks/streets are not particularly smooth.

We went to St John on our last cruise. Did the tram on our first stop there.

We plan on doing this too, going in February , watching this thread for any new information .

Hi,

Does the Disney Fantasy?

Thanks,
Doug

We went to St Thomas on the Fantasy in October and did the skyride. We purchased the excursion tickets through Disney and walked a couple blocks to the skyride. I believe that St. Thomas does have 2 cruise ducks, but I don't know if DCL uses both.

We went to St Thomas on the Fantasy in October and did the skyride. We purchased the excursion tickets through Disney and walked a couple blocks to the skyride. I believe that St. Thomas does have 2 cruise ducks, but I don't know if DCL uses both.
Disney is usually at Havensight dock for their berthing. I have sailed the Magic and been at Crown Bay. The last cruise we took, I did a jog from Havensight to Crown Bay to see Oasis of the Seas. I think the Havensight area is a little more tourist friendly for sure. The tram/skyride is there at Havensight.

Is there a restaurant and bar at the top to stop at ?

My understanding is that there is, along with a little shopping. It looks nice from their website and the reviews I've read. This is our plan in February.

Are you able to do the St. John Island tour (ST02) and have time to do the Skyride also?

Are you able to do the St. John Island tour (ST02) and have time to do the Skyride also?

Can’t answer as we did St John on our own. (Easy to do). You’ll want to maximize time on St John and Trunks Bay which is beautiful.

We just did this in June. We did it as an excursion and then just took our tickets with us. Honestly - it was pretty disappointing for us. There was a restaurant where we got drinks. At the time they had very limited food options. There were a few open air type shops open - but nothing in them other than touristy junk. The view was really pretty but not enough to make me want to do it again. I left feeling like I wanted a lot more than what I got.

This is just my opinion/thoughts/feelings. Others may feel differently.

We just did this in June. We did it as an excursion and then just took our tickets with us. Honestly - it was pretty disappointing for us. There was a restaurant where we got drinks. At the time they had very limited food options. There were a few open air type shops open - but nothing in them other than touristy junk. The view was really pretty but not enough to make me want to do it again. I left feeling like I wanted a lot more than what I got.

This is just my opinion/thoughts/feelings. Others may feel differently.

Thanks for the insight! Did you do it as a Disney excursion or just walk over and buy a ticket day of?

Asking because we're going on our first cruise in a few weeks. We're really debating doing extensive excursions or just getting out and walking around a bit and then going back and enjoying a fairly empty ship. This skyride looked neat, easy to do, and fairly quick, and then we could go back and hang out at the pool! :)

Thanks for the insight! Did you do it as a Disney excursion or just walk over and buy a ticket day of?

Asking because we're going on our first cruise in a few weeks. We're really debating doing extensive excursions or just getting out and walking around a bit and then going back and enjoying a fairly empty ship. This skyride looked neat, easy to do, and fairly quick, and then we could go back and hang out at the pool! :)

It was the Disney excursion. If you can call it that. We were totally on our own. We walked off the ship - walked over and presented our tickets.

We did this in September 2018, booked it from Disney (it doesn’t matter though because the cost the day a cruise ship in port it said the same price on a sign for anyone who walks up or books it prior) & were quite disappointed. My husband has a bad knee, & no where did it say you had to go up a couple flights of stairs to get to the initial loading area in the description. When I asked if there was an elevator, the staff member laughed at us. We went up the steps & there were actually only 2 skyride trolleys that took people up & down, & they were small & the attendant jam packed people in beyond the point of being comfortable. I’d say packed with more than the posted weight limit. The attendant was super rude when we said we weren’t getting in a trolley with 6-7 people already in it, & we weren’t the only ones refusing (there were 8 other people in line with us that all refused) the attendant made a comment super rudely that all of us refusing just makes us wait longer to get up there. The whole thing was weird. We got to the top- more steps but there was a ramp, but it was extremely steep. We would never do this again. I felt like it was a waste of money, & was beyond disappointed.

We did this in September 2018, booked it from Disney (it doesn’t matter though because the cost the day a cruise ship in port it said the same price on a sign for anyone who walks up or books it prior) & were quite disappointed. My husband has a bad knee, & no where did it say you had to go up a couple flights of stairs to get to the initial loading area in the description. When I asked if there was an elevator, the staff member laughed at us. We went up the steps & there were actually only 2 skyride trolleys that took people up & down, & they were small & the attendant jam packed people in beyond the point of being comfortable. I’d say packed with more than the posted weight limit. The attendant was super rude when we said we weren’t getting in a trolley with 6-7 people already in it, & we weren’t the only ones refusing (there were 8 other people in line with us that all refused) the attendant made a comment super rudely that all of us refusing just makes us wait longer to get up there. The whole thing was weird. We got to the top- more steps but there was a ramp, but it was extremely steep. We would never do this again. I felt like it was a waste of money, & was beyond disappointed.

Thank you for your honest review, as we were considering doing this in early Feb.

Would you recommend any other "just get off the ship and walk around" type things to do in the immediate area?

Thank you for your honest review, as we were considering doing this in early Feb.

Would you recommend any other "just get off the ship and walk around" type things to do in the immediate area?

The immediate area is pretty touristy. Which is to say safe, but boring.

I think I would just recommend walking around the port, it was all very nice, no one approaching you like in ports like Cozumel. Though my husband has problem with stairs (it’s the angle for his knee), he had no issues walking around the port. There were really nice shops including several nice jewelry stores where he got a new watch. I’m wondering if what you’re looking for is maybe a lookout point for the views? Maybe taking a cab up higher for a nice view? Or if there’s an excursion that has a look out point?

What are the ports on your cruise?

I think I would just recommend walking around the port, it was all very nice, no one approaching you like in ports like Cozumel. Though my husband has problem with stairs (it’s the angle for his knee), he had no issues walking around the port. There were really nice shops including several nice jewelry stores where he got a new watch. I’m wondering if what you’re looking for is maybe a lookout point for the views? Maybe taking a cab up higher for a nice view? Or if there’s an excursion that has a look out point?

What are the ports on your cruise?

Tortola, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay. It's our first cruise, so we're tempted to bypass formal excursions and enjoy less crowded times on the ship, so looking for perhaps a bit less structured activity on the islands. Except for CC, of course.

Tortola, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay. It's our first cruise, so we're tempted to bypass formal excursions and enjoy less crowded times on the ship, so looking for perhaps a bit less structured activity on the islands. Except for CC, of course.

So you’re doing the same itinerary that we did! Our favorite excursion ever was from the stop in Tortola, we took an excursion to Jost Van Dyke & we went to the private beach that’s at the Soggy Dollar. It was fantastic, the most beautiful beach that I’ve ever been to. We had the famous painkiller drink. My husband always wanted to go here, it’s often on boating shows. http://www.soggydollar.com/bar

So you’re doing the same itinerary that we did! Our favorite excursion ever was from the stop in Tortola, we took an excursion to Jost Van Dyke & we went to the private beach that’s at the Soggy Dollar. It was fantastic, the most beautiful beach that I’ve ever been to. We had the famous painkiller drink. My husband always wanted to go here, it’s often on boating shows. http://www.soggydollar.com/bar

@amiskell28

This is a thread where I posted the info on the excursion & some pictures at Jost Van Dyke:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...-in-tortola-st-johns-st-thomas.3619534/page-2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter