St. Thomas on your own

NoodlesMom

DIS Veteran
Thinking of doing St Thomas on my own. There are 4 of us including a three year old and grandma. Any tips?

We considered the excursion to Megan’s Bay or Secret Sands but we’re in port until 4 but the excursion on get a few hours on the beach.

If we want to ride the skyline and do some shopping, is that feasible if leaving Megan’s bay by 1 and getting back on the ship by 4?

I don't know how long the skyline takes, but it's really close by and taxis are pretty plentiful and easy to come by in St. Thomas. Not sure what kind of shopping you want to do, but there's a lot really close to the port if you're just looking for touristy type stuff like t-shirts and things.

We hired a taxi to take us to Meagan's Bay beach. I asked how much for the round trip and it cost us about $20-$30 (this was in 2016). So the driver stayed the whole time we were there. It was easy, and stress-free.

We regularly "wing it" (walking or taxi'ing) or take pre-booked tours, as opposed to the DCL excursions which, in our opinion, are quite limited in scope (lots of queueing and waiting, and less seeing) and yes, expen$ive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter