SSR Renovations

Thanks for the feedback on that...going to roll the dice and keep the request as is...maybe we get lucky...we are doing a non-park stay (doing more hotel hopping and holiday decoration viewing at the hotels), so we might spend more time in the room on this trip than normal as well.

We are almost to SSRand just got our room text. First time in ever to get the ready text! Our only request was a renovated room (we booked preferred). We were assigned a room in the Springs section. I will inquire at the desk if there's a renovated room available when we get there in 30 min.

FWIW we decided to just take our assigned room in The Springs. Location was great and room was in decent shape (better than our 2017 room in the Paddock). Plus it was ready NOW ans we needed to drop our luggage and get to Epcot for our ADR.

So glad it worked out for you! I will say in hindsight the Springs would have been a slightly better fit for us this trip but no complaints. We are using the Minnie Van service to Beach Club for dinner at Cape May Cafe tonight. Love the service just wish it was a little more reasonably priced.

We felt the same way you did. But the room was so clean and well taken care of that in the end we loved it. We did a split stay thanksgiving week with SSR/BWV/BCV and dh and I thought that SSR was the best run of the three. We wish we had just stayed there the entire time.

Glad to know we are not the only ones. At first it felt crazy to stay in this room when we could have moved but now I’m glad we stayed right here!

I have searched and searched, but can't find if the Treehouse Villas are being renovated as well. We are planning a 2021 trip, and this would be a deciding factor between the Treehouse or 3BR.

Found it on the DVC Fan FB page. They will be the last to be done.
Unless they take out the bunk beds, we won't be staying there again. My kids have gotten too big for those. I will be interested to see if there are major changes to the treehouses. We loved staying in them in the past, but really need a real bed in that bedroom now.

Unless they take out the bunk beds, we won't be staying there again. My kids have gotten too big for those. I will be interested to see if there are major changes to the treehouses. We loved staying in them in the past, but really need a real bed in that bedroom now.
We have small kids, so I'm thrilled with the bunk beds.

They should have put in extra long bunkbeds so they could be used by most adults too.

Staying in a preferred studio April 24-26. Do you think all the preferred rooms (which I believe are Congress Park and The Springs) will be refurbed by then?

Just transferred from OKW to Saratoga Springs. We’re in a 2 bedroom villa in building 20 of Congress Park. We have a renovated room!! It’s absolutely stunning!!!
I would be curious if you notice during your stay if they’re working on any other sections yet, or still just in Congress Park? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Have an awesome trip! We stay there for the first time in Feb.

It seems to me that DVC is dragging their feet on getting the renovations done. I cannot understand why, after more than six months, they are still working on just Congress Park. Pop Century moved along, sometimes at a snails pace, but they managed to get buildings done within 2-3, sometimes 4 months and moved to the next section. Why is it taking so long without major undisclosed damage being addressed? Our dues money pays for the refurbishment. It is designed into the program. I'm concerned that maybe Disney isn't putting the proper effort into moving this project along.

It seems to me that DVC is dragging their feet on getting the renovations done. I cannot understand why, after more than six months, they are still working on just Congress Park. Pop Century moved along, sometimes at a snails pace, but they managed to get buildings done within 2-3, sometimes 4 months and moved to the next section. Why is it taking so long without major undisclosed damage being addressed? Our dues money pays for the refurbishment. It is designed into the program. I'm concerned that maybe Disney isn't putting the proper effort into moving this project along.
I wonder if the pull-down bed issues have halted any progress? I had read that the new pull-down beds at Riviera and now Saratoga Springs are not being used because they are finding issues with the installation: https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...sort-news/4664-more-bed-issues-plague-riviera

SSR cabinets, flooring, bathrooms, and kitchens are being totally gutted - vs Pop Century just being basic small hotel rooms. Definitely more square footage at SSR to redo.

I feel like all construction is so slow nowadays. So many regulations and red tape.

I went for a look around just before Xmas. No sign of work being done when I visited, but all the equipment in the car park. Suspect this one could take the full 2 years.

It’s worth the wait! These new villas are absolutely gorgeous. They are unrecognizable! Everything is new from floor to ceiling. They tore out every single thing and started from scratch. The videos and photos don’t do it justice. I stayed in a two bedroom the first week of December. Amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter