SSR Renovations

If anyone has a better understanding of these permits than myself, please chime in, but it appears to me that The Paddock is next, and specifically building 8 (AKA building 45). This is the only permit I see that isn’t for the Springs.

Permit

How long do renovations generally take? We're going in April and I'm hoping that they'll be done with the whole resort at that point. Is that a reasonable expectation?

How long do renovations generally take? We're going in April and I'm hoping that they'll be done with the whole resort at that point. Is that a reasonable expectation?

I think it was originally quoted at 2 years but now that will be longer with having construction stopped and now restarted. I think Congress Park took around 4-5 months to complete. I could be remembering wrong though. :) In April I could see the preferred being completed and maybe one standard section if they keep up this pace.

Per WDWMagic, more Paddock general construction permits filed. That’s definitely where they’re headed next.

As a reminder they already filed permits for Building 8 (AKA 45), this is for buildings 9, 10, and 11 (AKA 51, 55, and 61). The only building without a permit filed in The Paddock is building 12, the one closest to Congress Park.

Please let me know if these permit posts are annoying or useful.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/permits-2020.962646/page-6#post-9390065

Have the treehouses already been done or will they be done at the end?
My assumption is that they are not part of the renovation because they were built a few years after the rest of the resort and would thus be on a different schedule. Disney hasn’t released any info on the treehouses to my knowledge.

My assumption is that they are not part of the renovation because they were built a few years after the rest of the resort and would thus be on a different schedule. Disney hasn’t released any info on the treehouses to my knowledge.

Some people keep swearing they are part of it but have never provided a statement from DVC that I've seen. Personally I'm doubtful they will be since they are so much newer. I think they have had a soft goods refurb already though or maybe I'm recalling incorrectly?

Do you think it is possible that the renovation will be done by next September? I would like a two bedroom, but because of borrowing restrictions I can only afford a standard, and I don’t want to stay in an I refurbished room.

Do you think it is possible that the renovation will be done by next September? I would like a two bedroom, but because of borrowing restrictions I can only afford a standard, and I don’t want to stay in an I refurbished room.
Most likely no, but anything is possible. It will depend on how busy SSR is and how many buildings the construction company works on at a time. They are working on 3 right now. When they were in Congress Park it was 1 at a time. Low demand allows more work in a shorter period of time. I can't wait for the new rooms too. By next September there should be a bunch of standard buildings done. I don't want them to rush and do a poor job. We have seen some poor paint work at OKW from the last refurbishment.

We have seen some poor paint work at OKW from the last refurbishment.

I've seen that at most every refurb. DVC doesn't seem to hold the to very high standards in the refurbs. :( Seem to be a "good enough" kind of thing.

The Grandstand area by the pool has always been our favorite, so we always request standard view. We will be there the 3rd week of September - next month - and I'm not sure what options we will have for our two 2-bedrooms.

Turns out some of the delays involve contractor stuff. Original contractor is now suing Disney.

That lawsuit is some big news. Contractor claims they found fire code violations in the original design that required correcting, but Disney would not give up the required money and time. Disney fired the contractor for delays and moved work to a former subcontractor. Additionally, a lead person for the contractor claims Disney harassed them and they have evidence. Not a good situation all around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter