SSR or OKW?

I’m happy at either one. For you though, I’d say SSR. The refurb is spectacular, the pools (5 of them!) are fantastic and you can’t beat walking to Disney Springs. The grounds are also beautiful and highly walkable if that’s you’re thing. Cast members have always been kind in my experience. Artist’s Palette is delicious. It’s now my first choice of resort, followed by AK and OKW (which are probably tied). Can’t beat the price/point charts at any of these three.
We share favourite resorts. Have you eaten at the Turf Club?

Yes. Not since 2015 though when my husband and I had dinner there. It was very good.
We haven't tried it yet. We have eaten at Olivia's and were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed it. Hopefully we have the same experience at Turf Club.

We haven't tried it yet. We have eaten at Olivia's and were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed it. Hopefully we have the same experience at Turf Club.
My best friend eats there all the time and loves it. I think it’s a good bet.

We always book OKW when we have 4 adults going because of the two normal beds... pull out couches are not comfortable for two adults. How has everyone's experience been with the new beds at SSR? We currently are booked there for our next trip, as OKW was unavailable.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. We decided to go with SSR, as proximity to the Springs is appealing. We took a Christmas 2019 trip and stayed at the Hilton at Lake Buena Vista (NOT the Palace) and loved being able to walk over to DS for a meal or a beverage. We are only doing one park day (Taste of Epcot Flower and Garden Fest, here we come!) and are hoping for a lot of pool time and leisurely evenings eating good food and enjoying the atmosphere at the Springs and at SSR. SO excited to finally be going! This trip was scheduled for Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 and was postponed both times... so it's about time, and I'm just counting the days!

I think you will really like SSR. We have stayed there numerous times - initially because it was the only DVC resort available, but after that it was because we really liked easy walking distance to Disney Springs, as well as a very nice spa, weight room, and clay tennis courts. If you have a preferred room, request a Disney Springs view (this way one request covers Congress Park AND a nice view).

...also, as others have said, the Turf Club is a hidden gem. Then again, with Disney Springs so close, you have a number of great food options.

We always book OKW when we have 4 adults going because of the two normal beds... pull out couches are not comfortable for two adults. How has everyone's experience been with the new beds at SSR? We currently are booked there for our next trip, as OKW was unavailable.
I am also curious how the new Murphy beds are at SSR. The draw for us to reserve OKW for our next trip, Feb. 2022, is for DD to have her own bed. But if the murphy bed is SSR is on par with a regular bed, we do like the proximity to DS.

I’ve stayed at both numerous times. I’d choose OKW over SSR, unless you’re staying in a treehouse, they’re awesome. I think the ambiance at OKW is better, rooms are bigger and Olivia’s is awesome.
I'll second this. Stayed in the treehouse and LOVED that, but we enjoyed OKW so much more than we thought we would. It was the last DVC resort we had to try (other than RR now) and it really felt relaxing yet quietly nestled into the Disney bubble. The boat to DS is a huge plus since we're big shoppers, so if it's not running, I'd be bummed, but I wouldn't want to walk to DS either no matter how close it is.

Big fan of OKW. Love the extra space and decor. Parking near the front door is a bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter