SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

I am assuming the refill station at the Grandstand pool is open limited hours. Does anyone know the hours?
I don't recall seeing it opened at all on our recent trip back in Nov. We'd leave for the parks for opening time & then return at least after 8 or so. 1 day came back around 6 or 7...But didn't recall seeing it opened..The only other time was wehn we had a resort day, and hung around the main pool.:confused3 I know this is no help but maybe someone on here has better knowledge.

I have a couple questions. This is our first time staying in a two bedroom villa and our first time at Saratoga Springs. Does each room have access to the balcony? Or is it only accessible from the living area? Do most of the two bedrooms now have 2 queen size beds in the second bedroom or are they 50/50 between that and a queen bed and pullout?
Balcony access from master and living room.

I don't recall seeing it opened at all on our recent trip back in Nov. We'd leave for the parks for opening time & then return at least after 8 or so. 1 day came back around 6 or 7...But didn't recall seeing it opened..The only other time was wehn we had a resort day, and hung around the main pool.:confused3 I know this is no help but maybe someone on here has better knowledge.
Thank you! It is a help. I know not to count on it, if we are in that section. Knowledge is power.

How far of a walk is it to a drink refill station from CP? DD27 and I always get refillable mugs on running trips to stay hydrated. We always more than get our money's worth out of them. Or if we get Springs and are closer to a drink station, how far of a walk is it to Disney Springs? Another question- how many towels do the studios come with? With 4 adults running races I anticipate a lot of showers, lol. If I opt for the daily towel exchange, can I request a certain number of towels? Thanks in advance! I've been following this thread for over a year and it is full of great info!

You can request an area.
The walk from Congress Park to Springs refill is 5-10 minutes. Depending on where u are in Springs and where you are going in DSprings, I would say a minimum of 15 minute walk.

Consider staying in Congress and just buying drinks (you will have a fridge and coffee maker).

I have never heard of the daily towel exchange.

Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:

Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

You can request an area.
The walk from Congress Park to Springs refill is 5-10 minutes. Depending on where u are in Springs and where you are going in DSprings, I would say a minimum of 15 minute walk.

Consider staying in Congress and just buying drinks (you will have a fridge and coffee maker).

I have never heard of the daily towel exchange.

Thanks for your replies!
I saw the above on another DVC thread. Am I reading it wrong maybe?

I have been waiting all my life to go to Disney World. Finally taking my kids in April. I am a very light sleeper and I have insomnia. If I get woken up, sometimes I can't get back to sleep that night. I'm not sure we will ever be able to go back, so I don't want the vacation messed up by me not sleeping.

Is SSR built like a hotel? Like thick floors where you won't hear the people above and below you? Or is it more like an apartment where you hear people walking and talking above you? How are the noise levels at night? Originally had thought about a Nemo suite at AoA since the kids love nemo, but I read that it could be very loud. Thank you for your answers.

We've stayed at SSR a few times and always found it to be very quiet. I always request (and have received) a top floor room to eliminate the possibility of hearing people overhead, and we've never heard our neighbors.

Hello!! Thank you for all the wonderful information. This will be our first time staying at SSR and I know nothing but what Ive read on these forums about the resort layout. Needing some advice on best location/request to use for online check in to get the best location for our situation. It will be two adults no kids and we have a one bedroom villa. My husband has had 3 back surgeries in 2016 with the last two being Nov 2016. I am wanting to get us in the best location of the resort for ease and comfort of getting around. While he will do some walking etc at the parks, we will be taking it at a much slower pace this trip. He's had such a horrible time I want this to be as pleasant and relaxing a trip as it can be for him. I'm curious to know how far it is from Congress Park Building 2101-2436 to the Carriage House/food area and then headed the other way to Disney Springs. By map, it doesn't appear far (less than 1/4 mile??)?? How is the Grandstand area? Looks like building 8501-8836 may be idea for us (requesting close to main building). What's the distance to Disney springs if he were to be up for a walk over from Grandstand? Sorry for all the questions. Looking forward to being there in just a little over a month!! Thank you all in advance!!

The Grandstand building you mentioned would be a good choice if you want to be central to most everything at SSR. We have stayed in that building a few times. It is very close to the Carriage House and is also a very short walk to the bus stop. Grandstand also has the advantage of being the first bus stop on the property, so you're virtually guaranteed a seat on your way to the parks, and you'll be dropped off first at the end of a long day. It is rather a long walk to Disney Springs, but the boat landing is just behind the Carriage House. Boats start running to Disney Springs at 11 AM, I think, and come every 15-20 minutes. That might be an easier way for your husband to get to Disney Springs than walking all that way. Grandstand also has a very nice pool area with a snack bar.

I have been waiting all my life to go to Disney World. Finally taking my kids in April. I am a very light sleeper and I have insomnia. If I get woken up, sometimes I can't get back to sleep that night. I'm not sure we will ever be able to go back, so I don't want the vacation messed up by me not sleeping.

Is SSR built like a hotel? Like thick floors where you won't hear the people above and below you? Or is it more like an apartment where you hear people walking and talking above you? How are the noise levels at night? Originally had thought about a Nemo suite at AoA since the kids love nemo, but I read that it could be very loud. Thank you for your answers.
We stayed in a 1 bedroom in June and we never heard anyone else at night or during our midday breaks, or even in the morning getting ready.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I have not seen it. We will be at SSR March 5-12. I am trying to decide if I need to put in a food order. I read on here that there is a grocery store at the Carrage house. How good is this store? And is it reasonably priced, or basically a few things at Disney prices?

Things we would be looking for are easy breakfast foods, fruit, bottled water, juice and a few snacks. We usually order a case of water to save some money and juice as my DH is diabetic and will be more likely to have blood sugar lows due to lots of walking. We need to be prepared with some quick sugars. We really don't need much, but is it worth it to get just a few items if they have a decent selection at the grocery store there. I do have room to pack some breads and cereals in our luggage, but still want fruit and drinks.

TIA

Hi Heidi! You will be able to find fruit, water, juice, and other items. They will have cold cereal, granola bars, yogurt. There are also sandwich fixings and frozen foods. It is probably almost twice what you would pay at your local non discount grocery store. We always put our order in for the grocery items at www.gardengrocer.Com you may find you have more choices suitable to your husband's needs, and it is less expensive, even with the delivery charge. They have never let us down.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I have not seen it. We will be at SSR March 5-12. I am trying to decide if I need to put in a food order. I read on here that there is a grocery store at the Carrage house. How good is this store? And is it reasonably priced, or basically a few things at Disney prices?

Things we would be looking for are easy breakfast foods, fruit, bottled water, juice and a few snacks. We usually order a case of water to save some money and juice as my DH is diabetic and will be more likely to have blood sugar lows due to lots of walking. We need to be prepared with some quick sugars. We really don't need much, but is it worth it to get just a few items if they have a decent selection at the grocery store there. I do have room to pack some breads and cereals in our luggage, but still want fruit and drinks.

TIA
If you have Amazon Prime, you can get Prime Now delivered. I'm not sure if they have fruit though. But their required order amount is less than Garden grocer and it's free two hour delivery.

We've stayed at SSR a few times and always found it to be very quiet. I always request (and have received) a top floor room to eliminate the possibility of hearing people overhead, and we've never heard our neighbors.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom in June and we never heard anyone else at night or during our midday breaks, or even in the morning getting ready.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to this trip and I think SSR is going to be a great break from the crowds at Easter.

I've stayed at SSR many times and don't recall ever hearing anyone above us, below us, or to the sides. It's very very quiet, and I think will be a good choice for you. In contrast, BLT you can easily hear people's conversations in their rooms as you walk through the halls.

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to this trip and I think SSR is going to be a great break from the crowds at Easter.
You'll have a great time..This is a very nice resort, relaxing & really neat pools too.

Also----> :welcome: to the disboards

I searched but couldn't find....
Is it new that only paper cups are in the studios?
Or is that a mistake that we don't have any?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!