SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Another of a million where do we stay locations.

I'm coming for a 3 night pre-cruise trip in early March. We'll be traveling with my mother in a motorized scooter and will intend to go to Disney Springs often as family, we also want to swim. We have a non-preferred room. We will be needing to eat some meals on property. My kiddo is 3.5. Where would you recommend we stay?

(My husband and I will probably go to Epcot on our own one night and the kiddo, husband and I will hit the MK while we are there once as well. So we will need to go to the parks, but without Mom in the scooter.) THANKS :) Excited!

I'm coming for a 3 night pre-cruise trip in early March. We'll be traveling with my mother in a motorized scooter and will intend to go to Disney Springs often as family, we also want to swim. We have a non-preferred room. We will be needing to eat some meals on property. My kiddo is 3.5. Where would you recommend we stay?

(My husband and I will probably go to Epcot on our own one night and the kiddo, husband and I will hit the MK while we are there once as well. So we will need to go to the parks, but without Mom in the scooter.) THANKS :) Excited!
Paddock area.

Convenient and pleasant walkway to springs, great pool and drink refill station and 2 bus stops.

I just have to say, I was so excited to stay at SSR from this thread and the pictures.

Then I stayed there. That was it. It was absolutely perfect for my family. Quiet and beautiful, peaceful and serene and just a pleasant walk away from so much fun.

DH and I are now scouring resale lists for the right size contract for us. We found our Disney home.

Paddock is a good choice, but I'd recommend Grandstand...It's a very short walk to the Main Bldg., Carriage House, for Food, Refills,Main Pool, & also the Boatride to DS too. Grandstand has it's own pool(Quiet) if that suits you as well. But the big plus is it's the first bus stop upon returning from the parks....So if you catch the bus at Springs section, you'll be heading 2 the parks immediately after... BTW The Turf Club is Excellent....

Usually, DH and I like to play "room roulette" when it comes to our room requests...just taking whatever we are assigned. On our upcoming trip in September, we are staying at SSR and doing a totally non-park trip. So where would you recommend we try to get? We will need to be near our car, but I understand that parking is right outside the unit? We also will use the pool and hot tub a lot and plan to frequent Disney Springs. Don't care about park busses, mug refills etc. It's just the two of us, adults, in a standard studio.

Usually, DH and I like to play "room roulette" when it comes to our room requests...just taking whatever we are assigned. On our upcoming trip in September, we are staying at SSR and doing a totally non-park trip. So where would you recommend we try to get? We will need to be near our car, but I understand that parking is right outside the unit? We also will use the pool and hot tub a lot and plan to frequent Disney Springs. Don't care about park busses, mug refills etc. It's just the two of us, adults, in a standard studio.

If it's in a Non Preferred room, That takes off Congress Park, & the Springs....Once again I'd recommend the Grandstand...It has a very nice quiet pool, with a Hot tub...They do have refills there I believe & the laundry facility is right next to their quiet pool.. As I stated earlier, the walk from the furthest room on the 1st bldg of the Grandstand to the boat launch (CARRIAGE HOUSE) was maybe 6 or 7 minutes leisurely...Thats convenient in heading over to DS...Just sayin

I have stayed at Grandstamd and Paddock. Both are great, but with a 3.5 year old, I would request Paddock. Not only does it have its own feature pool and hot tub complete with cast member party and games in afternoon, but it also has a water play area that is fenced in with climbing and slides. Love the bar/eating area there. The Grandstand is quieter for sure, but the food/drink area was never open when we were there.

We walked to DSprings from Paddock and Grandstand but it may be too long for a tired 3.5 year old. If so, you could take your car to Congress and walk or just take the boat.

Really, you will have a great time at either---just say no to Carousel!!

I searched but couldn't find....
Is it new that only paper cups are in the studios?
Or is that a mistake that we don't have any?

Oooohhh - a new cupgate?!

Nothing has changed - you should have glassware for drinking.

We got a full cleaning today.
Got more of everything, including more paper cups... but no glassware.

My mom, however, made DH and I a Valentine's gift basket that happened to have two wine glasses and two coffee mugs in it... so we're good! I'll let DVC services know, though.
Infamous in 2008! Everyone was in an uproar. ::yes::
All of a sudden DVC began removing glasses and coffee cups from the studios.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-studios-fewer-amenities.1748067/

Complaints got them back.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/glassware-to-return-to-ssr-studios.1878025/

We got a full cleaning today.
Got more of everything, including more paper cups... but no glassware.

My mom, however, made DH and I a Valentine's gift basket that happened to have two wine glasses and two coffee mugs in it... so we're good! I'll let DVC services know, though.

Hmmmm - I'd contract housekeeping while there and ask them why you aren't getting the glassware. Contacting MS later is likely going to be a non-answer. Perhaps their dishwasher is down but if not it may be Cupgate part two! popcorn::

Okay, we just got back from our trip a week ago. There were 9 of us in a 2 bedroom. One was an infant. I'm planning our 2018 trip now, my little one will still be under 3, so it isn't an issue for this trip that I'm just starting planning.
I had thought that somewhere I had read that most 2 bedrooms accommodated 9 people? Is that not true for SSR?

Okay, we just got back from our trip a week ago. There were 9 of us in a 2 bedroom. One was an infant. I'm planning our 2018 trip now, my little one will still be under 3, so it isn't an issue for this trip that I'm just starting planning.
I had thought that somewhere I had read that most 2 bedrooms accommodated 9 people? Is that not true for SSR?

It is allowed for SSR but there won't be an actual bed for the 9th person. It's the same in the dedicated 2BR's at BCV, BWV and VWL. A Treehouse actually has sleeping spaces for 9 but it's a very different layout than a 2BR.

Oh - and if you do book 9 people into the SSR 2BR you are not able to also have an infant under 3. It's 9 total. If you have the infant under 3 then 8 others are allowed in the villa.

We check in on Thursday.

Has anyone received and an answer as to if cash customers are being put in standard or preferred, since the WDW website does not designate one or the other? Does it matter at all for a cash customer?

Is there a bus that goes to the TTC? We were going to check out the Monorail resorts one night and want to catch the resort monorail. If not we could just get the bus to MK and get on from there. Any other suggestions?

Is there a bus that goes to the TTC? We were going to check out the Monorail resorts one night and want to catch the resort monorail. If not we could just get the bus to MK and get on from there. Any other suggestions?
do you have any kids in a car seat? If not I'd taken Uber. It's so inexpensive and quick and easy. We use it everywhere around property (when we don't have my son) and the average price is like $8. Sometimes it's less and it's rarely more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter