SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

So since there's a small murphy in the LR, is 2BR occupancy now considered 9 for all ages, as long as someone fits on that bed?
I believe so - unless that note on the points chart, saying the small Murphy might not be there, means they won’t allow 9 to be booked. I’m not sure what the DVC Member website says is the capacity of that room.

I believe so - unless that note on the points chart, saying the small Murphy might not be there, means they won’t allow 9 to be booked. I’m not sure what the DVC Member website says is the capacity of that room.
Supposedly there are some either 1 bedrooms and or some 2 bedrooms that did not get the small bed under the TV in the living room for some reason. Not sure if they didn’t order enough or at the time they couldn’t get them. They should have been added later. For some reason DVC put a line in the point charts that these could be removed at a later time? Why would they want to remove them later on? They did not add them to the studios and they could have. The studios are the same design as BWV, BCV and BRV all 4 studios are within a few square feet of another.

Last edited:
So I'm new to the DisBoards and DVC in general! My wife and I purchased DVC back in May while she was still pregnant, and now we have booked a trip for the end of Dec at SSR with our little one who will be 6 months when we go. We originally only planned for the 3 of us to go but the other day the in-laws mentioned they wanted to come along to help us with our bundle of joy, which would give us some alone time for portions of the trip. Unfortunately seems that wait listings are the only thing available for us to book for them, our trip is Dec 30-Jan 2. My question is what's their chances of actually getting a room? Anyone have some suggestions not only for my dilemma but in general for traveling with a 6 month old?
I loved traveling when my son was 3 & 6 months old. Have a front carrier to make it easier on yourself along with a battery operated fan that you can clip on just in case it is hot to keep the little one comfortable. Plan sit down dinners to relax and take your time. Being at SSR is great just in case you are out and the little one has a different plan then it is a short walk back to resort.

Stayed for a 2nd time at this fabulous resort this September. The last time we stayed here was in 2014 - so yeah a while ago now. Both times was in a 1 bedroom. We ended in the Carousel bldg number 13, in room 7203. I was kind of bummed at first as I really wanted Paddock but we ended up loving it! We were the 2nd bus stop, and the Carousel stop was literally down the stairs and across the road. Couldn't get any closer. We walked many time to and from Disney Springs and the the Carriage House - none of it was a difficult walk at all. This resort is such a gem! Views from our room and an evening walk back from Disney Springs.

Attachments

• IMG_1857 (2).jpeg
    IMG_1857 (2).jpeg
    786.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1858 (2).jpeg
    IMG_1858 (2).jpeg
    664.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1874 (2).jpeg
    IMG_1874 (2).jpeg
    440.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 24
We just booked for a 2 week stay in a 1 bedroom next summer. Went ahead and booked (and borrowed points) so we won't do what we always do and talk ourselves into a walkable to the park resort. We never spend time in the parks in the summer in the afternoon so having Disney Springs within walking distance will make the trip completely new for us. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Just finished the resale process of two contracts with a total of 400 SSR pts plus banked points from 2021😁They’re burning a hole in my pocket! Now I have two trips planned with another I’ll try at 7 months out. 🎢🍦
Congrats on the new contracts! How long will your trips be? My family loves SSR, it is a hidden gem so we mustn’t tell anybody so we can all pop on and reserve rooms at any time since it’s really starting to book up! 🥴.

Love taking a cup of coffee and roaming around especially around the tree house villas!

Congrats on the new contracts! How long will your trips be? My family loves SSR, it is a hidden gem so we mustn’t tell anybody so we can all pop on and reserve rooms at any time since it’s really starting to book up! 🥴.

Love taking a cup of coffee and roaming around especially around the tree house villas!
SSR trip will be a week and hopefully Aulani will be 9 or 10 nights.

Hi - we are renting points and checking into a 1 bed preferred this Thurs. On Friday I need to hit the runD expo to get my number before we head to AK for the day, but the expo doesn't open until 11am. DH and kids will go to the pool for the morning. Is there food at the High Rocks Spring Pool? I assume that's our best bet for the pool since we have a preferred room and Congress Park pool is closed right now. Do we have the option to get lunch at the High Rocks pool (the menu shows only drinks) or is it close enough to Artist's Palette that we should just grab food from there and eat at the pool?

OR, we will have a car so we could also head to Paddock and I understand there's food there. Recommendations? Thanks!

Hi - we are renting points and checking into a 1 bed preferred this Thurs. On Friday I need to hit the runD expo to get my number before we head to AK for the day, but the expo doesn't open until 11am. DH and kids will go to the pool for the morning. Is there food at the High Rocks Spring Pool? I assume that's our best bet for the pool since we have a preferred room and Congress Park pool is closed right now. Do we have the option to get lunch at the High Rocks pool (the menu shows only drinks) or is it close enough to Artist's Palette that we should just grab food from there and eat at the pool?

OR, we will have a car so we could also head to Paddock and I understand there's food there. Recommendations? Thanks!
The pool only has a bar. Artist's Palette is right next to the pool, so it would be the most convenient location to get food from. You can mobile order and just pick it up.

Hellooo!
looks like we will be returning to Saratoga springs for the first time in (I think) 10 years. I’m excited to return
we will be staying Janusury 25-29 2023, in a 2BR.
couple questions- are all the rooms refurbed now? I watched a video of the refurbed rooms and they looked beautiful. We’re not staying in a preferred building, and I wasn’t sure how far out the refurb went
Second- looks like the main theme pool will be closed when we are there. Will they be providing transportation to OKW for the pool? or is there another pool at this resort with a slide? Depending on the weather it might not even come up, but we've got a water slide kid and I need answers for him hahaha
third- we booked cash thru Disney so I’m assuming we will be in one of furthest building out, is there an internal resort bus? I know at OKW, all the busses stop at the main building before going to the parks, I’m curious if it is similar here?

Last edited:
Hellooo!
looks like we will be returning to Saratoga springs for the first time in (I think) 10 years. I’m excited to return
couple questions- are all the rooms refurbed now? I watched a video of the refurbed rooms and they looked beautiful. We’re not staying in a preferred building, and I wasn’t sure how far out the refurb went
Yes, the SSR refurb was completed in 2021, so you’ll get a refurbed villa.
Second- looks like the main theme pool will be closed when we are there. Will they be providing transportation to OKW for the pool? or is there another pool at this resort with a slide? Depending on the weather it might not even come up, but we've got a water slide kid and I need answers for him hahaha
The Paddock pool has a nice slide and will be open. There are two other pools that don’t have slides.
third- we booked cash thru Disney so I’m assuming we will be in one of furthest building out, is there an internal resort bus? I know at OKW, all the busses stop at the main building before going to the parks, I’m curious if it is similar here?
SSR is laid out in neighborhoods. See the map here. The Congress Park and The Springs neighborhoods are Preferred (based on location, not view), and Grandstand, Paddock and Carousel are Standard. Your reservation should state whether you’re booked in Preferred or in Standard, and your villa can be in any building in any neighborhood in that category. Buses to the parks pick up at Grandstand, Carousel, Paddock, Congress Park and finally Springs. The Springs stop is the stop for the main building, the Carriage House.

Hellooo!

My water slide kid loves the slide at the Paddock pool! Call Disney and ask them to put in a request for the Paddock. No guarantee that you will get it, but doesn't hurt to ask!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter