SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Someone should question DVC on this, with teenage boy at 6 foot and teenage girl at 5 feet 2 she gets the single under TV Murphy and removing it would be highly detrimental.

Yeah, as a family of five, the ONLY reason we even purchased a contract at SSR was because they made the one bedroom have enough sleeping surfaces during the renovation. If they ever do away with that, we'll have to sell our contract.

I saw a review on Tripadvisor that said the lounge was open and they ate there. Pretty recent review. That is why I created my post.
The lounge was serving both times I've been there, in September and December. They have few tables - but were serving a limited menu - burgers, pizzas, and dip with drinks.

Was at SSR last week, definitely no security checkpoints etc when walking from Grandstand side (entering next to Cirque). Which kind of makes it all pointless really. I’m sure someone with nefarious intent could work that one out, but they’d have to go in via SSR gatehouse.
SSR was fantastic we thought. First time in new rooms, 1 bed, and it really was spot on. We were in the Grandstand building adjacent to Grandstand Pool (closest building to main building) and location was spot on. Loved the serenity of SSR during the park madness, and they have a good quick serve and Sunshine margarita.

There was security next to Cirque when we walked there yesterday.

...also, ditto on the renovation for the 1 bed. Love it.

There was security next to Cirque when we walked there yesterday.

...also, ditto on the renovation for the 1 bed. Love it.
Must have just put them in as zero there just before Xmas, we walked to and from DS from Grandstand multiple times.
The 1 beds are fantastic. Overall SSR became my new favourite resort this trip, we had some great meals at DS and we really appreciated how relaxing it was with the mental park situation. Losing Fastpass has ruined the parks for us rope droppers. We used to go rope drop, get 1 or 2 rides in, then 3 Fastpasses. Was all pretty relaxing. Now everyone floods in extra morning hour/ half hour to ride the paid for rides and even Mine Train was queuing right around the attraction to Little Mermaid at 8.05 am with 75 min waits. We also went into Epcot via International Gateway (did split with Boardwalk) and ran/ walked quickly to Test Track and a minute after getting in line, that was 75 minute wait also. This is in extra morning hours. Thanks Bob Chapek for destroying the USP of Disney parks. We are doing Universal instead next Xmas and using the points at Grand Cali and Vero. I am not sure we will attend Disney parks again. Long term I will use my points to stay at SSR for a month in Winter when I retire.

Last edited:
Was at SSR last week, definitely no security checkpoints etc when walking from Grandstand side (entering next to Cirque). Which kind of makes it all pointless really. I’m sure someone with nefarious intent could work that one out, but they’d have to go in via SSR gatehouse.
SSR was fantastic we thought. First time in new rooms, 1 bed, and it really was spot on. We were in the Grandstand building adjacent to Grandstand Pool (closest building to main building) and location was spot on. Loved the serenity of SSR during the park madness, and they have a good quick serve and Sunshine margarita.
I'm trying SSR for first time in 2 weeks (AKL owner). What is good at quick serve? And do you mean the Artist's Palette? How is the pool bar food?

I'm trying SSR for first time in 2 weeks (AKL owner). What is good at quick serve? And do you mean the Artist's Palette? How is the pool bar food?
We found most of it good at Artist’s Pallet. Saratoga Salad, cheese and ham toasted sandwiches, flatbread pizzas (they have a real pizza oven), roasted chicken.
We only sat around High Springs pool where they just have the pre made meals (salads and wraps, wraps are average), they have some reportedly very good fish tacos at Paddock bar, but we never went.
We absolutely loved SSR, can’t wait to go back.

My wife and I had the fish tacos at the Paddock pool bar on our trip last September and we both enjoyed them. Came with french fries and we both thought it was a decent amount of food. I'd recommend if you are at the pool or if your room is close by.

My wife and I had the fish tacos at the Paddock pool bar on our trip last September and we both enjoyed them. Came with french fries and we both thought it was a decent amount of food. I'd recommend if you are at the pool or if your room is close by.
Ditto!! I also like their salads

BWV, BCV and BRV also have them in studios. Remove them from SSR, remove them from all. Why is this only SSR?
Just a quick note - I thought that I had read that the refurbished studio rooms at SSR had pulldown Murphy beds. My kids spent a week in December in a studio, and there was definitely no pulldown. DW and I spent one night in the studio with them. Room 1532 Congress Park.
Not sure if I was misinformed about studios at SSR, but this studio definitely did not have the pulldown!

Just a quick note - I thought that I had read that the refurbished studio rooms at SSR had pulldown Murphy beds. My kids spent a week in December in a studio, and there was definitely no pulldown. DW and I spent one night in the studio with them. Room 1532 Congress Park.
Not sure if I was misinformed about studios at SSR, but this studio definitely did not have the pulldown!
They do all have pull down beds. This was completed around or before October. Perhaps you / kids just didn’t notice it. You pull down above the couch and the couch collapses.

Last edited:
Just got back from an 8 night stay at SSR ( 2BR and Studio) and the room refurb was very well done. We own at BLT and BWV and these rooms are nicer in many ways. Since we had a car location was not really a big deal. We ate at Artist Palate and Paddock Grill for lunch and both had pretty good food. Being close to Disney Springs was also really nice.

We've been thinking of adding more points and after this last stay SSR is definitely in the running!

They do all have pull down beds. This was completed around or before October. Perhaps you / kids just didn’t notice it. You pull down above the couch and the couch collapses.
There are a few random one bedrooms that do not have a pull down trundle bed too. I had one in May. Moved rooms due to an issue. First one had it, the second one did not. They were both refurbished rooms. Just a very slight difference in the setup.

There are a few random one bedrooms that do not have a pull down trundle bed too. I had one in May. Moved rooms due to an issue. First one had it, the second one did not. They were both refurbished rooms. Just a very slight difference in the setup.
The post I responded to was specifically about studios not having pull down Murphy beds….

ETA: The refurb also was not done in May so if in an non-refurbed room then you would not have had a trundle bed.

So there are still one bedrooms that have pull out sofas?

The post I responded to was specifically about studios not having pull down Murphy beds….
Oh sorry! Totally read that wrong! I had in my head the 5th sleeper pull down bed was what they were talking about. It had a pull down Murphy bed, just not the 5th sleeper pull down single bed.

So there are still one bedrooms that have pull out sofas?
A trundle bed is the one that folds down from under the TV. This is different from a Murphy bed above the couch.

ALL rooms have Murphy beds above the couch.

A trundle bed is the one that folds down from under the TV. This is different from a Murphy bed above the couch.

ALL rooms have Murphy beds above the couch.
I booked (rented points) a one bedroom for April because I thought all one bedroom had Murphy bed and trundle bed. I have two teenagers. Is this not true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter