SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time to the buses and boat shuttle start running to Downtown Disney in the mornings? If we have BBB appointments at 9:30am, can we rely on this transportation or should we take a cab (assuming our room isn't close enough to walk there)?

What time to the buses and boat shuttle start running to Downtown Disney in the mornings? If we have BBB appointments at 9:30am, can we rely on this transportation or should we take a cab (assuming our room isn't close enough to walk there)?

You will be able to get a bus to DTD. But the busses going back to resorts don't start until 11. Last week I was at DTD at 9 and had to take a bus to POFQ and then catch a bus to a park from there. I was trying to get back to AKL, so that was quite the long trip! :headache:

You will be able to get a bus to DTD. But the busses going back to resorts don't start until 11. Last week I was at DTD at 9 and had to take a bus to POFQ and then catch a bus to a park from there. I was trying to get back to AKL, so that was quite the long trip! :headache:

thank you!

Hi All,

Just a quick question. I have read the resort is rather spread out, do people rent golf carts to get around? When we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins last year we notices a lot of campers used golf carts to get around and the resort even had dedicated parking for the golf carts.
We have one elderly person in our group that tires easily and i thought a golf cart rental might be an easy solution.

TIA and have a great weekend!
Melinda

Hi All,

Just a quick question. I have read the resort is rather spread out, do people rent golf carts to get around? When we stayed at Fort Wilderness Cabins last year we notices a lot of campers used golf carts to get around and the resort even had dedicated parking for the golf carts.
We have one elderly person in our group that tires easily and i thought a golf cart rental might be an easy solution.

Melinda

No golf cart rentals that I have ever seen at SSR. You can jump on the bus & ride it around to the Springs section. All the theme park buses stop at Springs last. See the beginning of this thread for some great maps, as well as the bus route. The DTD bus runs the reverse route as I recall.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Hi All,

Melinda

Hmmm do they rent Golf carts at VWL or any resort that would be nice.

It's not that big a resort. I have two bad knees (hoping to get some nice new titanium soon) and I can walk anywhere in the resort with no problem.

If there is a bus when I go by a bus stop, I do take the bus if it goes where I am going.

DannysMom said:
No golf cart rentals that I have ever seen at SSR. You can jump on the bus & ride it around to the Springs section. All the theme park buses stop at Springs last. See the beginning of this thread for some great maps, as well as the bus route. The DTD bus runs the reverse route as I recall.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

The Dtd bus stops at congress park last.

disbound09 said:
Does that mean they pick up first? Anyone know how long it takes to go from SSR to the different parks.

They pick up the springs first for Dtd and the grandstand for every other place.

Dtd vs the parks is not in reverse order at SSR.

Id guess like 10-15mins to the parks? It's not a long time and I don't think I've ever really timed it.

Good morning everyone :wave: I asked this on the resorts board but got no response. We are heading home in november and would like to try a new area. We have always stayed in Congress Park but I was thinking of changing to the Paddock and requesting near the pool. Is this a good choice? If I request near the pool will we have a view of the lake and bridge? I think that area would be a lovely view. Bus transportation isn't an option since we use our own family car but our DGSs love using a pool and I spend alot of time on the balcony so a nice view would be terrific. Just wondering what would be the best way to word our request. And also do you think calling MS or emailing is the better choice in getting our requests met? Thanks so much for any help. :)

When you do online check in you have the opportunity to select from several different combinations of rooms and views.

I've never done online check in. I wasn't aware you can choose rooms and views. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still wondering though if I request to be near the pool if we will have the lake/bridge view or if I should request that specifically. Are both of these options listed at the online check in page?

I've never done online check in. I wasn't aware you can choose rooms and views. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still wondering though if I request to be near the pool if we will have the lake/bridge view or if I should request that specifically. Are both of these options listed at the online check in page?

Hi

I check in online and it doesn't ever appear to take requests of any type sadly. So we check in online anyway and then see what we have got when we get there. If we aren't happy we just go and ask to be moved.

Online check-in offers very little for requests, altho for SSR it seems to offer the most, at least section and floor level. Other resorts were very limited for options, not even floor level. None had rooms or views (of the ones I'm visiting on upcoming trip). I haven't bothered with going through Member Services since I'm moving around a lot anyway.

Thanks everyone. Not sure if I should wait to do online check in or not. I've heard emailing MS gives you a better chance of having a request met but we have always called. I know it's just luck of the draw but I wanted to make sure I was wording what I want in the right way. A view of the lake/bridge would be wonderful but we also want to be near the pool for the dgs. I was just wondering if one request takes in both of that. :confused3

Thanks everyone. Not sure if I should wait to do online check in or not. I've heard emailing MS gives you a better chance of having a request met but we have always called. I know it's just luck of the draw but I wanted to make sure I was wording what I want in the right way. A view of the lake/bridge would be wonderful but we also want to be near the pool for the dgs. I was just wondering if one request takes in both of that. :confused3
Not necessarily. Although the majority of the balconies in the Paddock are on the sides of the buildings that face the water, the SSR buildings actually have balconies on 3 of the 4 sides. If a view of the lake and bridge is important to you, you should certainly add that as a request. You can have multiple requests. You just need to give them your requests in order of preference.

1) Paddock Section
2) View of the bridge
3) Near the pool

I always call MS with my requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter