Spring Break Survival Thread

DBF and I will be there April 12-14, hoping some things go through to make this trip extra magical :) We did Spring Break with my family last year, and it was crowded, but not unbearable. But with Carsland and BVS and now Fantasy Faire, we'll see!

Hi :wave2: I'm planning a last-minute trip to DL, hoping to be there from the 11th through the 13th. I'm going with my 17 yo son. I went last April with my 9 yo daughter, and the year before with my 12 yo daughter and 2 other adults. This trip will be a bit different...no standing in line to meet the characters and get autographs. Hopefully more time to ride the rides and see the shows. Last year was great, hardly any crowds at all, but it looks like it's going to be more busy this time. I'm looking forward to it. I love DL and it will be fun to see Cars Land - they were still constructing it when I was there last time.

We're going too! Our first DL trip ever! We fly in to San Diego on 3/27 and spend a few days there, then a few nights in Laguna then Anaheim from April 2-7! We really, really wanted to stay at the DLH but I just could not rationalize the price without a discount, so we're staying at the Residence Inn Maingate with points. I am a WDW vet as well but I am combing the boards (and my unofficial guide) for tips!

Welcome! I'll get you added to the front page. This is our first DLR trip too....

DBF and I will be there April 12-14, hoping some things go through to make this trip extra magical :) We did Spring Break with my family last year, and it was crowded, but not unbearable. But with Carsland and BVS and now Fantasy Faire, we'll see!

Welcome! Fingers crossed (and some pixie dust) that the trip is REALLY magical!!! pixiedust:

Hi :wave2: I'm planning a last-minute trip to DL, hoping to be there from the 11th through the 13th. I'm going with my 17 yo son. I went last April with my 9 yo daughter, and the year before with my 12 yo daughter and 2 other adults. This trip will be a bit different...no standing in line to meet the characters and get autographs. Hopefully more time to ride the rides and see the shows. Last year was great, hardly any crowds at all, but it looks like it's going to be more busy this time. I'm looking forward to it. I love DL and it will be fun to see Cars Land - they were still constructing it when I was there last time.

Hi and welcome, I'll get you added to the front, but wasn't sure if you were meaning 3/11-3/13 or 4/1104/13. Thanks.

Our original travel plans had us flying into lax on 3/29, renting a car, and driving to Legoland for the day. Well, the car was going to cost us like a zillion dollars since we needed to fit 6, so I think we will do something different like Long Beach for a day and a half. Has anyone ever stayed on the Queen Mary? What do you think of it?

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Well Ive been an AP for 10 years, I can honestly say I have been during the slowest times and the busiest times.

If you need ANY tips or tricks on how to survive just Private Message me and I will be more than happy to share and to answer any questions.

Also I know that the week after easter some schools around DLAND are on spring break and the Socal pass is unblocked so that may pose a problem but not sure how much of an impact it will have

disneyfreak202 said:
Well Ive been an AP for 10 years, I can honestly say I have been during the slowest times and the busiest times.

If you need ANY tips or tricks on how to survive just Private Message me and I will be more than happy to share and to answer any questions.

Also I know that the week after easter some schools around DLAND are on spring break and the Socal pass is unblocked so that may pose a problem but not sure how much of an impact it will have

Hey disneyfreak202 my family is coming to Disneyland April 29- May2. Everything I have read is that it will be not crowded. I was wondering your opinion on that? I would never go during spring break but I know schools will be back in.

Spwhoney: Schools around DLAND are back in, spring break is over, I think it will be fine. Possibly a few crowds but not as crazy as spring break but not as empty as Jan. would be. I know colleges are still in session. Should be a good time to go.

disneyfreak202 said:
Spwhoney: Schools around DLAND are back in, spring break is over, I think it will be fine. Possibly a few crowds but not as crazy as spring break but not as empty as Jan. would be. I know colleges are still in session. Should be a good time to go.

Thanks for the advice. Great time for crowds. Weather and its my families b- day's. 3 in a row. Can't wait!

Spwhoney: Oh that sounds like fun. Be sure to pick up happy birthday buttons and wear them every day in the park:-) Weather in may is great. Could be hot though but thats what water rides are for right? :-)

DH just found out that he got his vacation time approved!!!!:banana:
We are leaving on 3/23 and staying in Carlsbad. We are going to Legoland and Safari Park (first time) from 3/23-3/25. Then we are going to DISNEYLAND!!!!:love:
We are staying at the Hyatt from 3/25-3/29, can't wait. It will be our first time at Disneyland during Spring Break but we have been there during Christmas time and summer when Carsland opened so we are prepared for the crowds. :cloud9:

DH just found out that he got his vacation time approved!!!!:banana:
We are leaving on 3/23 and staying in Carlsbad. We are going to Legoland and Safari Park (first time) from 3/23-3/25. Then we are going to DISNEYLAND!!!!:love:
We are staying at the Hyatt from 3/25-3/29, can't wait. It will be our first time at Disneyland during Spring Break but we have been there during Christmas time and summer when Carsland opened so we are prepared for the crowds. :cloud9:

Welcome! I'll get you added to the front page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter