Spring 2015 Dapper Day

Here's my three year old in his dapper day get up. My seven year old has a matching outfit. I realize I'm biased, but I think he's pretty adorable.

OMGosh!!! You little guy could not be any cuter!!! I'm so looking forward to seeing your family and your fabulous outfits!!:thumbsup2

That's a cute dress pattern, and looks really easy. I think your tiki fabric will make an adorable dress! :thumbsup2

It will be our first Dapper Day. DDs are going to wear sailor dresses and I have a vintage-looking (Modcloth) navy dress with a criss-cross front (so baby can still nurse) to coordinate with them. I just need to figure out sweaters, shoes and accessories for us now.

Love the picts of people's outfits! The girl's dress made from vintage fabric is fantastic!

Last edited:
Is anyone still interested in a Dapper Day meet? I'm just going to toss out a suggestions and see how it works for everyone. How about 3:00 on the 3rd floor (just over the front desk) at the Grand? There's a large area with seating and a piano where we can hang out. Grab a drink from the lounge below, or make your own drinks to bring. The Dapper Day luncheon at the Disneyland Hotel will be over at 3:00, so anyone attending that can join us right afterward. Any thoughts or other ideas??

Is anyone still interested in a Dapper Day meet? I'm just going to toss out a suggestions and see how it works for everyone. How about 3:00 on the 3rd floor (just over the front desk) at the Grand? There's a large area with seating and a piano where we can hang out. Grab a drink from the lounge below, or make your own drinks to bring. The Dapper Day luncheon at the Disneyland Hotel will be over at 3:00, so anyone attending that can join us right afterward. Any thoughts or other ideas??

Count us in!!

DS and I should be able to make it, too! That would work well with our schedule that day, and I'd love to finally meet some DIS-ers in person!

My two Girl Scouts tried out their Dapper Day outfits at the 1950s themed GSA Sock Hop tonight. We had a great time.

DSCN0013%20(Large).jpg

DSCN0014%20(Large).jpg

DSCN0026%20(Large).jpg

Dizme and the rest of the Dapper group, Did you the notice a few days ago that all the rooms at the 3 resorts that were alotted for the Dapper Dan Event are all taken. I think a few who have rooms reserved just for the discount and have ended up not attending will let the rooms go back in the pool. This is the first year that I have gotten information on the rooms being gone--well so soon anyway. If everyone that used the code attends one or two events it will make it a high attendance event for sure. I am attending a private event at same time so will only have Sunday to partake. I sure hope you all post pictures again this year. I am going in Sept but hate that it is only a one day event :(.

OMGosh, whoever!!! Your girls are simply ADORABLE!! Little Charlotte looks like she's full of personality! Her foot in that first photo looks painful though! LOL! I love that pic of you and Charlotte. Too cute! Katherine's outfit is so cute on her! I know you can't take all the credit, so tell Amy she did a great job! LOL!

Oh, we'll post pics for sure, Happy 2 B Me! So you won't be joining us this time? You said you would be there on Sunday, which is the official Dapper Day. We make it a weekend event, even though it's officially one day.:thumbsup2

The rooms sold out last September as well. They opened up a second block of them at one point after the sell out.

Whoever, your girls are just the cutest things EVER!!! Those outfits are killer!!! Wow. I want you and Amy to figure out my outfit next time!!

Happy 2 B Me, I heard that it was really packed last spring. I didn't make it but some of my friends did and I guess it was busy busy! Can you join us on Sunday? As DL2 said, that's the official DD and we'll be having our meet-up then, too! I hope you can come. They've moved the Sept DD to later this year which is good because the last 2 years have been blistering. I have to decide whether or not I'm going to try and be there; my AP expires earlier that month and I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

I finished my dress last night. I cut out and appliqued blue flowers and satin stitched stems on them to give the impression of the new Club 33 gates. The blue looks a lot darker in this picture.
gatesdress1_zpsebfffb0k.jpg

Attachments

• club33doorscrop.jpg
    club33doorscrop.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 0
DizMe, you did a amazing job on your dress!! Everyone will know exactly where you got your inspiration. I love it!!! I posted my Club 33 pill box hat on another thread, but I'll add it here too. I just finished it today.

ddhat7.jpg ddhat8.jpg

I LOVE that hat!!! I'm so impressed that you made the whole entire thing by hand. Love the china pattern on the edge and the chocolate wrapper on the bow, LOL!

That's really beautiful, DizMe. Good job!

I am thinking that we will not meet the Dis meet on Sunday at three. There's a huge Disneybound meet planned for that afternoon at 4 in CA. They are asking people to gather at the WOC viewing area, and a big group picture will be taken. My Dapper Day buddy and I try not to miss that when we attend.

GREAT outfits, love the new gates dress and the hat is perfection!!! DD is really getting plussed this year.

Hmmm, kanga, that sounds pretty fun. Who is sponsoring the Disneybound meet? Is it through DIS or is it a DD event?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter