Spring 2013 Professional Internships

Thanks for the update.

That's alright about Traditions. I expressed passion about Traditions because I do think it is such a memorable experience for new cast members, but that's alright. My top one is the DHS one because DHS is my favorite park and I worked there before and just aaaahhhh love DHS :lovestruc

I also expressed interested in the Epcot one primarily because I thought that would involve a lot of interaction with international CMs and I love people from all over. I know that every area in WDW has Cast from all over the globe, but Epcot especially so :) I studied abroad in Europe over the summer too so I'm just like I love foreign cultures and stuff.

I'm really not picky though with the PIs. The CP recruitment one or other CP related ones are great too. I loved my CP and am currently a campus rep so I'm all about being an info resource for CP potentials/participants.

Sorry I know y'all don't care. I am just so ready to find out. It's unbelievable to me that it takes them so long to make decisions.

It actually doesn't take the departments long to make decisions. I think from first look to making our decision took less than two weeks. It's all the other parts of the process. I mean, you can't even start looking at applicants until interviews are done, right?

Cais said:
It actually doesn't take the departments long to make decisions. I think from first look to making our decision took less than two weeks. It's all the other parts of the process. I mean, you can't even start looking at applicants until interviews are done, right?

Yeah, but even interviews ended long long long ago. At least for me and I think for most others as well. So I guess we'll see.

Apparently, the deadline has been moved to 12/14. If you call casting that's what they're saying now.

Disney923 said:
Apparently, the deadline has been moved to 12/14. If you call casting that's what they're saying now.

You're kidding?! Why would they do that? Had my heart set on knowing one way or the other within the week.

Sorry if this has been covered before earlier in the thread, but there are a lot of pages to go through!

Does anyone know the pay range for the professional internships? My brother is applying to a PI at the Walt Disney Studios in California. The position is open to graduate school students. It asks him to put like an expected salary range or something like that on his application, and he doesn't want to over or under estimate too much.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been covered before earlier in the thread, but there are a lot of pages to go through!

Does anyone know the pay range for the professional internships? My brother is applying to a PI at the Walt Disney Studios in California. The position is open to graduate school students. It asks him to put like an expected salary range or something like that on his application, and he doesn't want to over or under estimate too much.

Thanks in advance!

What type of role is he applying for? Example, production, animation, accounting/finance, marketing, etc...

This will play into the salary range :)

I noticed that the DCP deadline is 12/14 so I am not sure if casting was referring to that or the PI's.

Honestly that would make more sense to me, personally. If all the offers for a PI go out by 12/7 then they have a week to figure out who is moving from the DCP to accept a PI, which then frees up space for those pending DCP people that can hear back by 12/14. Oh goodness gracious. This process will be the death of me.

Went NLIC for 6 internships in 1 hour tonight via email. Still got 3 left - 2 in IP and my #1 choice in IS. Just got to have faith.

Went NLIC for 6 internships in 1 hour tonight via email. Still got 3 left - 2 in IP and my #1 choice in IS. Just got to have faith.

Wow! :scared: Sorry to hear about going NLIC, for those 6, but at least you are getting closure and your #1 choice is still an option! I just texted my son about you and told him to keep a close eye on his email tonight! Hope he hears some news soon. Preferably GOOD news! Best of luck to you! pixiedust:

I feel for you, but at least you've still got those 3. My last one that was IS (CP Alumni) just went NLIC. Good luck to everyone else. I just have to chalk up this semester as a loss I guess.

For anyone else using the CP as a backup plan like I am, see you there :)

I feel for you, but at least you've still got those 3. My last one that was IS (CP Alumni) just went NLIC. Good luck to everyone else. I just have to chalk up this semester as a loss I guess.

:grouphug:

Thanks for keeping this thread going and I'm so sorry that it didn't work out for a PI. I hope you have a fantastic CP though! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your CP though.

Thanks guys. I've gotta get somewhere with the company EVENTUALLY. I'll try for another PI whenever apps go back up next year. I'm trying to be positive and think about how technically in my CP, I've moved up. Last year when I did my first CP I was merch and this time I'll be hospitality, so it got a little better.

Sorry your last one just went NLIC. My son found out last night, that he also went NLIC for his engineering PI:sad2:. Unfortunately, he can't do CP as a back up because there really isn't anything appropriate in the CP for engineering majors. And he only wants to miss out on a semester at college for something really worthwhile. He plans on trying again though! He's only a junior so he has a few more chances to apply. Best of luck to you!

cindy17 said:
Sorry your last one just went NLIC. My son found out last night, that he also went NLIC for his engineering PI:sad2:. Unfortunately, he can't do CP as a back up because there really isn't anything appropriate in the CP for engineering majors. And he only wants to miss out on a semester at college for something really worthwhile. He plans on trying again though! He's only a junior so he has a few more chances to apply. Best of luck to you!

I guess it's my campus rep bias, but I hate to hear when people think there's not enough time to do a college program. I did it, got 12 credit hours for doing so, and I'm graduating a semester early despite taking a semester "off" to do it and its very worthwhile ;) It's good that he's just a junior though because there are plenty of PI application chances. My last chance is while I'm a CP participant in the spring because since I graduate this month, I won't be a student and can't apply.

Depressing, but something I'll have to face and slowly work my way up in the company if I don't get a PI.

My DD just found out tonight she went NLIC. :sad1: She is so upset. I feel so bad for her. Disney has been apart of ours lives CP both kids, college reps both kids, for such a long time. Twelve years wow that's along time. She graduates Dec. 15th. Yay!!! Now, we just have to save more to go as a family. Proud of her for staying in the PI mix for so long though!:love: Good luck to those still waiting!pixiedust: Hang in there Disney is a great program.

Eeyoreluver said:
My DD just found out tonight she went NLIC. :sad1: She is so upset. I feel so bad for her. Disney has been apart of ours lives CP both kids, college reps both kids, for such a long time. Twelve years wow that's along time. She graduates Dec. 15th. Yay!!! Now, we just have to save more to go as a family. Proud of her for staying in the PI mix for so long though!:love: Good luck to those still waiting!pixiedust: Hang in there Disney is a great program.

I think it's safe to say that everyone who went NLIC is very upset. I feel so bad for her because I've gone through it 2 separate times (got rejected spread out over a span of time haha). Seems like a lot of people on this thread have gone NLIC so how bout we just write it off as an unlucky semester? Try again everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter