spray deodorant for feet

Goofy_4_WDW

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry but this will sound strange.
A few years back I read on the tips forum that if you use Dove spray deodorant on your feet before you put your socks and sneakers on it prevents blisters. I have used it several trips and I have to say it makes your feet feel great and it works.
My problem is I have not been able to find dove spray deodorant.
Has anyone else hear about using spray deodorant? Has anyone else done this with another brand?
Thanks

I just got done reading a post about this a minute ago..poster says any spray deodorant...

See the "things to pack Lets pack together" thread. post #11 first page

I'd post a link but it wont let me yet.. Still a NooB....

monistat's smoothing gel or it might be called soothing gel works too an is good for blisters an chafing on any part of body colorless an odorless Look in the female products section of store for it. dab of this lasts all day unless you go swimming.

Drys instantly love love this stuff...I tried the spray on deodorant on feet took it awhile to dry an I was just not that impressed with it.

Sorry to cut into the thread... but does the spray stuff help with sweaty, smelly feet?? My DD/2 has the gosh awful smelling feet this summer. Even with sandels. The poor kid. Even he say pee ew when he takes his shoes off.

Body Glide isn't exactly a deodorant, but it comes in a similar package and helps prevent blisters. You can find it at many sporting good stores. I just used the store locator on their website to find a place near me that has it.

Sorry to cut into the thread... but does the spray stuff help with sweaty, smelly feet?? My DD/2 has the gosh awful smelling feet this summer. Even with sandels. The poor kid. Even he say pee ew when he takes his shoes off.

Yep - it helps. Also, I had a friend who had 3 high school boys who were all athletes, she would put their tennis shoes in zip lock bags and freeze them overnight - it's supposed to work.

After reading about this idea on the DisBoards, I tried it for my last vacation in April. It was AWESOME!! :woohoo:

I picked up a couple of the travel size stick deodorants and would rub them on my feet before I put my sneakers on. I need the arch support, so sandals don't really work for me. Not only did I not get any blisters, there wasn't the usual smell or moisture in my sneakers at the end of the day.

I've heard people say "you shouldn't do that because feet are supposed to swaet and that's how the body cools itself", but the way I see it, underarms are supposed to sweat too, and no one complains about using deodorant there (In fact, they will complain if you don't!!):eek:

You have to take some advice, try it, and see if it works for YOU.

I was in WDW in June. The first 3 days of our trip we suffered under record heat (104*, no rain, 3 days in a row). I had read on one of the threads to spray the inside of your clothes with aerosol deoderant to prevent them from sticking to you in the humidity. Well, I tried it and hated it! Sure, my clothes didn't stick to me, but at the same time, they didn't absorb the flood of sweat that ran down my back and other places (of which I'll leave to the imagination). I quit spraying the insides of my clothes on the 3rd or 4th day, and life was much more tolerable for the remainder of our 2 weeks in The World.

The thought of spraying socks with aerosol deoderant gives me the impression of walking around in wet shoes and socks after riding Kali River, only without the fun part of the ride. Ick! :headache:

On the other hand, we had read of the marvels of Body Glide. LOVED IT!

It doesn't hurt to try some advice. Have a great trip! :cutie:

I just bought some Degree Spray for my husband's feet. I hope it works. I hate the thought of him getting blisters and being miserable all day. :/

Just wanted to add something that I experienced when trying the spray deodorant on one of our trips. It could have been a really weird coincidence, but I used it for a for a few days and then actually looked at my feet and ankles. They were really swollen- not a normal "I've been eating salty food and walking around Disney parks all day" kind of swollen. I stop using it and the next day they were back to normal. I was kind of thinking that maybe the spray stopped my feet from sweating (never really thought that they did a lot), but I just wanted to give a warning as it really freaked me out and couldn't have been too good health-wise.

My son is in marching band and loves blister block especially during a hot and steamy band camp this year.

A doctor can prescribe HyperCare, which is just regular anti-perspirant but at a 20% concentration. I use it before every trip, it works great. Not only do your feet stay dry, but since there is no moisture, there's no friction and therefore, NO BLISTERS! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to add something that I experienced when trying the spray deodorant on one of our trips. It could have been a really weird coincidence, but I used it for a for a few days and then actually looked at my feet and ankles. They were really swollen- not a normal "I've been eating salty food and walking around Disney parks all day" kind of swollen. I stop using it and the next day they were back to normal. I was kind of thinking that maybe the spray stopped my feet from sweating (never really thought that they did a lot), but I just wanted to give a warning as it really freaked me out and couldn't have been too good health-wise.

I have a cornstach baby powder and it works great. Avon also makes a creamy powder lotion. It goes on like a cream and makes your feet feel like they have been powdered. I also like the anti blister wand that you paint onto potential hotspots on your feet. It definitely works, even with formal shoes for work.

We just use stick antiperspirant, any brand, and it works great.

Affectionately referred to by my BIL as armpit glue :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter