Spotify vs Apple Music

Spotify vs Apple Music

• Spotify

• Apple Music

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

goofyintoronto

DIS Veteran
Im just curious to see which people prefer/use. I had a Spotify account until I got an iphone, so now its Apple Music. But I think I like Spotify better and am considering switching back. Thoughts for those that have used both?

:rockband::charac2:

We switched from Apple to Spotify quite a while ago. We have Iphones but our home devices are Alexa and Google Home. If I remember correctly, they worked better with Spotify than Apple Music.

I use Spotify, but only because it was around first and I had an established account with them before I even heard of Apple Music. I have tons of playlists set up on Spotify and to my knowledge there's no way to quickly set them up or import them if I were to switch to Apple Music.

I'm deeply against both. We have a professional musician in the family and both systems have diddled them over. Now they get far less money for their work, never quite getting even an ounce of credit for their work. Even iTunes is better than this, and even then Apple drag a huge percentage of the selling fees. It was much better when artists got paid directly for their creations.

I'm getting a trial of Amazon Unltd music, it's pretty cheap if you have Prime. It's by no means a main music source, but for the kitchen it's ideal and we have fun bossing Alexa around to play our requests.;)

I chose “other.”

DH and I both prefer to keep our music “on board” and keep the majority of our collections on our devices. Occasionally I’ll use Amazon Prime music for comedy albums I don’t own.

The younger kids use Google Play Music because it was the best family plan with the bonus of commercial free YouTube and YouTube Red.

Older DD uses Spotify I think mostly because she doesn’t want to start over with another service and she has some bundle (Netflix, Hulu and Spotify I think?) her school offers where she gets them dirt cheap.

Hate Apple Music and Radio. Drives me crazy that I can’t remove them from my phone and that sometimes they start up on their own when I get it my truck.

I haven’t bought new music in years so I doubt I’ll ever move to streaming.

I usually stream Pandora in the car. I got a free trial of Amazon Unlimited, but so far not a fan. I usually end up buying cds for the car or stream it on youtube at home.

Timely thread. I was just going to start one like it, and was going to ask if anyone uses Sirius for streaming.

I have Sirius in the car, but I realized when I renewed that they have streaming for other devices as well, I believe at an extra cost.

I am also an Amazon Prime member.

At one time I had almost my entire home music collection ripped to my phone, but I lost it all during a changeover and I don't really want to go through all that again.

DD uses Apple Music ($5/month w student discount) and DS uses Spotify.

I had Apple Music when I bought a new phone, but it was only free for three months. I liked it.

I think I might like Sirius streaming the best. Anyone use it?

Vote for Spotify from me.

Tried Apple Music and didn’t like the user interface. Also tried Amazon Music and couldn’t work with that either. Have found Spotify works great on my Apple devices and on Alexa and have now upgraded to a family account.

I use both but prefer Spotify for sure. I have Apple Music because I want to steam music from my Apple Watch without having to carry a phone and that's the only option (so far). Spotify is way more user friendly.

I was on Napster streaming but their family plan was getting expensive. We're on Amazon unlimited now and I'm happy. YDD loves it because they have lyrics to a lot of songs so it's easy for her to sing along. The downside I've noticed is sometimes songs I've added to my playlist are randomly unavailable, but if I search that song title, it pops us as available, just with a different picture. I'm not sure what that's about.

I use Pandora because that's just what I've been using for years and haven't felt much need to explore other options, even though I'm guessing Spotify's catalogue is probably better. I have all Apple products so I used to use iTunes Radio as well but that went defunct when Apple Music started up. I'd use Apple Music if they had a free with commercials version, but they don't.

I find it interesting that most people use spotify. I really thought Apple Music would be the winner. Anyway, i made the switch! Im back with Spotify and I couldnt be happier. :teeth:
Apple Music was frustrating...for one, I had issues with the shuffle...it was getting really annoying as it would play the same songs over and over. Not to mention it would only play a few songs then start from the beginning of the playlist. Not a fan.

Thanks everyone! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter