• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spoodles or Boma for Dinner

estnh

DIS Veteran
We have one more day to fill on our MYW dining plan, and was going to go to Spoodles, but have read so many positive things about Boma that I am wondering if we're making a mistake not to try it.

Can someone who has been to both give me some advice?

Thanks!!!

Spoodles is decent, we've had dinner there twice. However, the menu seemed limited and everything we had was just "okay" the second time. It has been a few years, so it might be different now.

Boma is a MUST for us every trip. There is tremendous variety and I have loved everything I have tried there. Wonderful soups, salads, carved meats, nut-crusted salmon, many side dish choices. Also, the miniature desserts are to die for. Everyone loves the Zebra Domes, but I enjoy the chocolate hazelnut crunch even more.

Just go with a big appetite and sample everything.

We always arrive an hour early to enjoy drinks at Victoria Falls, which overlooks Boma.

Hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Now I would go the other way around. Though Spoodles is decent, my whole family didn't care for their dinner at Boma. I know that I'm in the minority here, but I just didn't really care for the food. I know part of the problem is that I really don't care for buffets and my husband can't stand them, but I just thought the food was okay. It wasn't the spices, we eat every kind of ethnic food there is and I cook at different kinds of food, I just thought it was okay.

I'm a *very* picky eater and I can always find something at Spoodles, I am too scared to try Boma's though. Nothing there appeals to me at all.

I've eaten at both places, several times. Spoodles use to be a must-do for us, but the last two times the food was HORRIBLE. Portions, freshness, taste--you-name-it--something has gone wrong with their menu and whole approach, at least as of last July, anyway. We are generally not complainers, but two people in our party of 12 sent dinner back last time--it was inedible. This is the only time I can remember our group sending back a meal at Disney.

Boma is still a family favorite--but, as two other posters pointed out, this is not an American-centered-palate kind of place. There are lots of different spices and types of food on a pretty decent size buffet. I like the opportunity to sample recipes that I don't normally get at home.

Mine and my sister's kids like Boma, and there are some "comfort foods" for them, but they also try the other offerings. Boma desserts are fabulous, as with all of the Disney buffets, and include some American favorites.

So, I think Boma is a good choice, and unless they've "fixed" Spoodles recently, I will stay clear of that restaurant.

I wasn't overly impressed with either restaurant, but I think at Spoodles I made a poor entree choice - everyone else's food was fine. Boma is a buffet, so I had lots of choices. Like cjsmith, it might be the buffet thing though - I'm not fond of buffets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter