***SPOILER** AK Kits & Elements

Susan - those are awesome! WHat cartridge did you use to cut the bones? I have boneyard and am trying to figure out what to do with it!

maria

Thanks!
Mickey Font --bone with the endcap function. It took me a few times to get it right -- there is an explanation in the book, but they used the ticket instead of the bone.

Added the second element

86110IMGP4269-med.JPG

123SA - I love your giant Mickey! He is great! Maybe someday I will invest in the Expression, just to be able to make some!

123SA - I love your giant Mickey! He is great! Maybe someday I will invest in the Expression, just to be able to make some!

She and her big Mickey are the reason my mom bought the expression! I showed my mom my big Mickey and she wanted one, so she bought the expression. When her friends asked why the big she said she wants big Disney characters. What she is going to do with them I have no clue.

Here is what I have so far:

Group 6 Color:Black & White, Zebra
86110IMGP4122-med.JPG

Group 3 The Oasis
86110IMGP4126-med.JPG

Group F It's Tough to be a Bug
86110IMGP4127-med.JPG

You can't tell in the photo, the ribbon on the journal box and tag has silver spiders.

Oh I love all of these too! You do beautiful work.

The Oasis stuff is fantastic! I checked, good, I am in group 3.

Since we are spoiling, I have 3 of my element groups done.

Group A - Park Dedication

akdedication.jpg

Group G - Elephants

elephants.jpg

Group H - Capybara

capybara.jpg

These are so cute. The colors are beautiful together.

Here it is, the last group! Element Group B Thanks for looking and for your kinds words. Please post when yours are ready. I'd love to see them.

Group B

86110IMGP4273-med.JPG

Here is the whole flock of them. They look so cute altogether!
86110IMGP4272-med.JPG

I LOVE those dinosaurs!! Can you believe I haven't played with my paper doll cart yet? This makes me excited to do it, though!! :cool1: You have done a great job!!! :banana:

I knew I should have signed up for elements in addition to kits. I just love the dinosaurs. Granted, I only have one photo of the boys in front of the dino head at the Dinosaur ride, but I'm sure a whole flock of your dinosaurs would make the layout look nice.

You guys all do the coolest things!

Everything's adorable! so creative and cute!

Here it is, the last group! Element Group B Thanks for looking and for your kinds words. Please post when yours are ready. I'd love to see them.

Group B

86110IMGP4273-med.JPG

Here is the whole flock of them. They look so cute altogether!
86110IMGP4272-med.JPG

Omgoodness you have NO idea how excited my Andy is going to be when he sees these! He is in that group and I can't wait to show him the pictures.

I think I do have an idea....DS4 is also a dinosaur lover and he was all over me as I was making these. The first thing I did with this cart was make a huge triceratop. Have you heard about the Walking with the Dinosaurs show? DH took Thomas to it in Phila last week--it was amzing they said. I think you can find a video clip of it on youtube. If Andy likes dinosaurs, you should check it out!

Hey susan,

those are so cute!!! Are you inking them to shade them or is that the paper or ooh - maybe it's the expression?

maria

The paper is light gray with an embosssed wide weave pattern. It kind of looks like I embossed it with the cuttlebug, but it just came that way. I used a combination of cat's eye fluid chalk ink pads and regular chalk applied with tiny cotton balls. I pop dotted some of the layers. For the pteradactyl I cut out two. I cut off the beak from the bottom layer and saved it. The top layer, I cut off the wings and feet and discarded it. I pop dotted the remaining body onto the bottom layer and then I took the beak from the bottom layer and taped it to the pop dotted layer. I didn't think it had enough definition on its own. I did similar things for the other dinosaurs. Now that it is finished, I realize that I should have used non-textured paper for the beaks and horns--so if there is a next time maybe it will turn out a little bit better.

I finished my kits today. They're not really fancy, but I liked how they ended up! I hope you all like them!!

Group 1--Pooh Meet and Greet (you can't really tell, but Pooh is the top punch on the side of the frame and on each border)

Pooh_Meet_and_Greet_smaller.JPG

Group 3--Camp Minnie Mickey (the punches on the side are Mickey & Minnie out of cheetah paper--it didn't photograph clearly) The safari Mickey and hat are popped, but you can't tell that from the angle.

Camp_Minnie_Mickey_smaller.JPG

I have loved everything everyone has posted! I hope you all like these!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter