splitting payment on a package

kelmac284

Lover of all things Disney since 1975
So they had an option recently where you could simply give a deposit and then pay the balance for the trip closer to the actual trip. I booked our trip to DLP back in Jan and paid about a 300 deposit. I know here in the states you give them your card and they take the deposit and then when the 2nd half is due it just goes on your credit card. I knew that the date was coming up and was expecting an email or for them to charge the rest of our package. That date was Friday and we received nothing. I checked again yesterday afternoon and still nothing. I figured out how to log in on the site with our number and it did come up and said the amount was due so we went ahead and did it manually. Is that what is supposed to happen? We didn't even get an email or anything saying to pay it if we were supposed to do it ourselves. I just hope we don't get charged twice! Plus I thought once the package was paid in full you were supposed to get an email but we didn't get anything. I just saw on the website that it said it was paid but that was pretty much it. It is so different than here just making sure we did everything right.

Here you are in charge and you are responsible. You have a due date, it is up to you to make the final payment.

I think it is not allowed in France/Europe(?) to charge your card without your consent in writing.

I'm not sure if you should get an e-mail or not. I don't remember getting e-mails, but then again most of the time, I pay in full immediately. I usually have a one-night room-only reservation

I did this, also, but when I go to check my reservation, the number I have isn't recognized. I reserved on the French version of the website, but I don't know how I'm supposed to pay the remainder if it doesn't recognize my reservation number.

I did this, also, but when I go to check my reservation, the number I have isn't recognized. I reserved on the French version of the website, but I don't know how I'm supposed to pay the remainder if it doesn't recognize my reservation number.

Do you get an error message that they cannot retrieve the reservations (which should be a temporary bug) or that they do not recognize the reservation number? One thing you have to do is put your last name in capitals and exactly as it is on the reservation.

If it doesn't work, you can call to make the final payment.

Yea here they do it quite a bit where you can just pay a deposit because these are such expensive packages. Ours was almost 2,000 and we are coming from America with several thousand in airfare and we are going on for another two weeks etc. So it was good to be able to spread some of these things out. Here you give them a deposit and then they tell you that the balance is due on a specific date and will be charged to the card that you gave with the deposit. I am fine with having to do it myself but we never even received any type of email or anything telling us TO do it. Nothing wrong with doing it ourselves just that usually they WANT you to pay the rest so they get their money so they will remind you so that you do it. We looked on our statement and did get charged and it seems only once but I can't help but wonder what if you forgot or just didn't do it. Would you lose your reservation? I guess it is all good and glad I remembered because we bought the package almost 6 months ago but that was kind of scary

Yea here they do it quite a bit where you can just pay a deposit because these are such expensive packages. Ours was almost 2,000 and we are coming from America with several thousand in airfare and we are going on for another two weeks etc. So it was good to be able to spread some of these things out. Here you give them a deposit and then they tell you that the balance is due on a specific date and will be charged to the card that you gave with the deposit. I am fine with having to do it myself but we never even received any type of email or anything telling us TO do it. Nothing wrong with doing it ourselves just that usually they WANT you to pay the rest so they get their money so they will remind you so that you do it. We looked on our statement and did get charged and it seems only once but I can't help but wonder what if you forgot or just didn't do it. Would you lose your reservation? I guess it is all good and glad I remembered because we bought the package almost 6 months ago but that was kind of scary

Yes, then you loose your reservation. They have the deposit and resell the room. If you made your reservation online, it should be somewhere in the fineprint. If you make your reservation over the phone they tell you (in my experience) always what the due date is and the cancellation policies after paying in full.

We're DVC members and haven't made a cash reservation in years, so not receiving anything other than the original confirmation of booking reservation for DLP was a bit nerve wracking for us. I called when I made a payment half way to our departure date and paid over the phone as the online system was not cooperating. I was told at that time that the remainder would be drafted on 5/12. Instead of waiting for the date I paid the outstanding balance ($2000+) online at the end of April. It took a few hours, but I received an updated booking email stating that the balance had been paid. If yo ahve not receive dnaything I'd call and ask for confirmation to be sent to you. You can call WDW and ask to be transferred to DLP.

Yea I talked to someone on the phone when I booked but I think I also went online. I honestly can't remember but I swear they told me that the 2nd half would be charged on the 17th. Regardless I would have thought if I missed the deadline they would have emailed or maybe emailed a few days before as a reminder. But needless to say they didn't and luckily I checked. We paid, it has gone on our card and when I looked online it now says paid in full but we never did receive anything except by having to log in online. VERY different than here for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!