Splitting party for reservations at same time

JennysSeven

Mouseketeer
I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my ADRs, after checking in a few times lately just to see what's available currently. I'm hoping I'll have more available next week when I book because our day 1 falls in between the 2 free dining periods in late-Nov. and mid-Dec.

But just in case...we have a large family, so I'm looking for ressies for 9. In the event that I can't get a table for 9, there are some restaurants that I'd be willing to split up into 5 and 4, etc. Here's my question: I know you can't book ressies that are too close to each other time-wise. But if I'm splitting up my party, will the system let me book a 5 and a 4 with the same reservation time (or really close together) assuming 2 tables are available?

It will not. You need to set up another MDE profile for someone else in your party to book the other half of the reservation at the same time.

Actually, it will let you book two reservations for the same time or very close together and you don't need to make another MDE.

You have to put someone else as the Reservation contact/first person when making the first reservation. Just click on the drop down list of people that automatically has your name there and pick someone else. Then when that one is made you can go in and make a second ADR and pick yourself as the lead/contact on that reservation.

I have made several that way for our party of 11. I had to split us up into 6 and 5. I put my husband on the first ADR and me on the second one.

I really would avoid splitting your party up unless youre okay with eating at two separate tables across the restaurant from each other. On numerous trips I have made reservations and split the party just so we could eat at certain restaurants, and at least half the time they were unable to combine our two reservations so we could sit together. If its breakfast or lunch at BOG where you seat yourself, thats one thing, but if youre hoping to sit together for your meals I wouldnt chance two different reservations. Im also a party of 9 for our upcoming trip and I was able to get everything we wanted, including BOG and Ohana for our group at the times we wanted at our 180 mark. Good luck!

Actually, it will let you book two reservations for the same time or very close together and you don't need to make another MDE.

You have to put someone else as the Reservation contact/first person when making the first reservation. Just click on the drop down list of people that automatically has your name there and pick someone else. Then when that one is made you can go in and make a second ADR and pick yourself as the lead/contact on that reservation.

I have made several that way for our party of 11. I had to split us up into 6 and 5. I put my husband on the first ADR and me on the second one.

Yep, this. We do it all the time when we have larger groups.

I ended up getting the reservations I needed for 11 without doing any splitting--yay!! Thanks for sharing how to do it with splitting though--that still might come in handy in the future!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter