Splitting meals?

TxYates

Earning My Ears
We have the deluxe dining plan and we aren't big eaters so my question is will the TS restaurants let me eat the appetizer as my main entree and DH eat the entree and we split the dessert?

I think that will be ok - but my question to you is..if you are not big eaters why would you get the Deluxe Dining Plan? Makes no sense financially....:confused3 Sounds like you would be much better off with the Regular Dining Plan or paying OOP.

We have the deluxe dining plan and we aren't big eaters so my question is will the TS restaurants let me eat the appetizer as my main entree and DH eat the entree and we split the dessert?

Are you asking if they'll let two of you split one meal's worth of credits, the answer is no. PP is right, you'd come out way ahead by nixing the dining plan altogether and just paying OOP for what you want.

You can check out all the information on the dining board; there is a specific one for the dining plan.

We had the regular dining plan and were able to split a meal at 50's. My dh and I had the fried chicken and only used 1 TS credit.

I do think you should consider paying OOP. If you split meals, you will have tons of credits to use.

I agree with the others. While they will allow you to split meals with other people on the dining plan (in most cases) it doesn't make sense to do this for every meal, and especially with the Deluxe Dining Plan. It includes 3 full meals a day per person, and you can only do 2 credit meals for dinner for the most part (except at CRT, Brown Derby, and Le Cellier?) Even if you maxed out your signature restaurants, you still end up with quite a few extra credits.

Some friends of mine did Deluxe Dining last year (against my recommendation) and they thought it was way too much food, even though they're both usually big eaters.

It can be a good deal if you don't mind eating all the entitlements, but it's hard to eat that much on vacation.

Yes you will be able to share meals and use only 1 credit between the 2 of you at the TS where you order from the menu. There are a couple of places (Via Napoli is one) where you won't be allowed to do it.

Also, you cannot share at buffets, all you care to eat family style places, CRT, prepaid dinner shows, and the Fantasmic Dinner Package. At all of these you will each be charged.

Between the 2 of you will have 6 dining credits per day. Even using them at sig restaurants and other 2 credit meals, it sounds like you'll have a lot of credits left over. Considering the price difference, if you want a dining plan you might want to consider the regular DDP. You would have to pay for the appetizer OOP, but that would still be less than the difference between the cost of the DxDDP and the DDP.

Most likely, however, with your eating style I think you'll probably save more by just paying OOP for your meals.

We've done both the DxDDP and the DDP. We prefer TS meals to CS and when on the DDP end up paying OOP for some TS meals so we decided to try the DxDDP. We did breakfast or an early lunch and a late dinner, mainly at signature restaurants, almost every day. Even with just 2 meals a day it was so much food and took up too much time. I doubt we'll ever do the DxDDP again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter