Split Stays? Yay or Nay?

We do it all the time! It's fun to look forward to the new resort mid-stay. It's a way to try new places w/o abandoning favorites. :):thumbsup2 Most of the time, it's a split between 2 resorts, but we've done triple splits twice. We plan our parks based on where we're staying often. I'm never losing time. They move your luggage (we moved our own prior to them doing that for us and it was still OK w/ a car), we never unpack anyway, we just go from the resort, to the parks and then to the new resort after that. Just as we would if we were returning to the original resort. I'm the one that does the check-in so the DH and kids go have fun as I take care of that business and we're happy clams. It's really a GREAT way to satisfy curiosity and add some zest to your stay. :)

ppony said:
We do it all the time! It's fun to look forward to the new resort mid-stay. It's a way to try new places w/o abandoning favorites. :):thumbsup2 Most of the time, it's a split between 2 resorts, but we've done triple splits twice. We plan our parks based on where we're staying often. I'm never losing time. They move your luggage (we moved our own prior to them doing that for us and it was still OK w/ a car), we never unpack anyway, we just go from the resort, to the parks and then to the new resort after that. Just as we would if we were returning to the original resort. I'm the one that does the check-in so the DH and kids go have fun as I take care of that business and we're happy clams. It's really a GREAT way to satisfy curiosity and add some zest to your stay. :)

Thank you! I would be the one checking in, too. I am hoping it will go smoothly and everyone is happy!

lizzi6692 said:
No it wouldn't. Price per day decreases the longer you stay. 8 day tickets are way cheaper than a 3 day ticket and a 5 day ticket.

You know, I did know that, but I think I blocked that info out so it would work to my advantage!!!! Thank you!! :-)

We are doing a split stay in December. There are 5 adults and 3 children. It might be hectic but we normally go to Disneyland, not WDW, and we wanted to experience as much as possible. I can't see losing a day. We plan to check-out, drop our bags off, and head to the park. They'll text you when your room is ready.

We are staying for 8 days and will be staying at the Poly for 3 nights/checking out on the 4th day. There is never a free dining option when we go! :-( Since I'm going to be issued two separate reservation numbers, the dining plan will only be for the dates per reservation. We get deluxe when we go. So ressie 1, it would be a 3 day PH with deluxe dining. So ressie 2, 5 day PH with deluxe dining. This is what Disney recommended when I called.....?!?!
I think you will spend more money on tickets than you would "save" by booking the DxDDP for the first three nights at the Poly. Of course, you are staying at Deluxe resorts during the most expensive time of year, so maybe it's worth it to you to pay more for the convenience of booking two separate reservations with the DxDDP and eating the cost of the second set of tickets. If you consider getting the DxDDP for only your second reservation (the one at WL) then you can pick up your tickets from the 2nd reservation early after you check into the Poly. Look at part "I. Picking up Package Tickets Prior To Start Of Package" here: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25022943&postcount=15 on how to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter