Split stay planned WWYD

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
OK, first off thanks to all my friends who helped me save 330.00 today by informing me of the Visa deal :cool1:. Here is my new dilemma and I need some guidance. We (hubby, myself, 6y dd and 4y son) are going to Disney April 12-20th and the dates are not flexible. We are currently booked for the first 3 nights at the AOA in a mermaid room. On the 15th we make the switch over to POR in the Royal Rooms. With the 25% discount our room over at POR is only 20.00 more than AOA. So now I am pondering just spending the week over at POR and skip AOA since they didn't offer the discount on the mermaid rooms but they did on the RR. Would you make the switch or keep your reservation the same...Will my kids like AOA vs POR or vice versa... Need advice. Thanks!

OK, first off thanks to all my friends who helped me save 330.00 today by informing me of the Visa deal :cool1:. Here is my new dilemma and I need some guidance. We (hubby, myself, 6y dd and 4y son) are going to Disney April 12-20th and the dates are not flexible. We are currently booked for the first 3 nights at the AOA in a mermaid room. On the 15th we make the switch over to POR in the Royal Rooms. With the 25% discount our room over at POR is only 20.00 more than AOA. So now I am pondering just spending the week over at POR and skip AOA since they didn't offer the discount on the mermaid rooms but they did on the RR. Would you make the switch or keep your reservation the same...Will my kids like AOA vs POR or vice versa... Need advice. Thanks!

Were you splitting the stay to save money??? Because now with your deal, that doesn't seem like a factor (with it being only $20 more for POR the whole time).

Personally, I would book POR the whole time. The royal rooms would be very magical, and let's be honest (and I have to remind myself of this)....but, your kids need to just be happy that they get to go to Disney....plus, at POR, they'll get a pool slide...you'll have bigger beds....

So, clearly my vote would be to do the whole time at POR, but I am not a huge fan of the split stay idea unless out of necessity.

For an 8 night trip, my preference would be to stay in one place the entire time. But with that said, if you think your kids would like AoA, I would keep the split. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter