Splash Mountain

JennyN

DIS Veteran
I’m very confused, I thought Slash Mountain had closed but I’ve read that it is still operating, anyone who has been there recently, can you help please.

The refurb schedule is now posted through May 4, and Splash is not on it.
However it could be added at any time, I suppose.

Yes, it is the WDW version that has closed to become Tiana's Bayou Adventure. No timeline has ben released for the DL version, though Disney may want to get pretty far into the MK refurb before closing it. They take so long sometimes! I really had expected them to start with the DL version - both of them really needed major overhauls anyway.

There have been some unofficial reports that the same crew that is working on the WDW version will also be completing the work on DL's as well with the assumption that any problems that come up with WDW's would be able to be addressed sooner on the DL version, allowing them to complete DL's in a much timelier timeframe. There is no word yet on when portions of that crew will make their way to the west coast.

There have been some unofficial reports that the same crew that is working on the WDW version will also be completing the work on DL's as well with the assumption that any problems that come up with WDW's would be able to be addressed sooner on the DL version, allowing them to complete DL's in a much timelier timeframe. There is no word yet on when portions of that crew will make their way to the west coast.
I have heard the same. I do not think SM will close over the summer. When they set a date for WDW's SM to close - they gave a few months notice and I suspect Disneyland fans will be given notice since DL has a high local fanbase. I suspect SM will close in the fall or after the holiday 2023 season.

The refurb schedule is now posted through May 4, and Splash is not on it.
However it could be added at any time, I suppose.
It will not be added to the refurb schedule. It will just close and be removed from the app and website. This isn't a refurbishment, it's a closure. I would imagine DLR will announce the date it's closing, just like WDW did. I would suspect it will be around August. If they are waiting on the WDW crew to come work on it then that gets pushed out even further.

It will not be added to the refurb schedule. It will just close and be removed from the app and website. This isn't a refurbishment, it's a closure. I would imagine DLR will announce the date it's closing, just like WDW did. I would suspect it will be around August. If they are waiting on the WDW crew to come work on it then that gets pushed out even further.
Agreed. I do not think Disneyland's SM work will start until the next fiscal year which starts on October 1. With all of the cuts and restructuring that Disney is doing now and the $600M cut in Disney Parks investments, work will be pushed back. I suspect the work will be begin late 2023/early 2024.

I'm not so sure about that.
The section heading on the Disney website is "Closed for Refurbishment," so it pretty clearly covers closures as well as major makeovers.
Tarzan's Treehouse is on the current refurb list -- has been for a year -- and it's getting a pretty complete overhaul and a name change. Of course, it's basically the same type of attraction, so maybe there's a distinction there?
The reimagining to Tiana's is more akin to the switch from Tower of Terror to Guardians. Was that on the "Closed for Refurbishment" list?

I have heard the same. I do not think SM will close over the summer. When they set a date for WDW's SM to close - they gave a few months notice and I suspect Disneyland fans will be given notice since DL has a high local fanbase. I suspect SM will close in the fall or after the holiday 2023 season.
Do you happen to remember when they announced the WDW closure vs. when it actually closed?

I hope so. We're going April 20 and would like to say goodbye.
I dont think SM will close until the end of the year because of the budget issues and Disney's restructuring.
Work on WDW is just 2 months now. I suspect DL will close when WDW is almost done. All about money.

I really doubt it will happen, but I would love to see them re-do the whole flume and put in the double-wide "logs" from the WDW version when they do close it.
And yes, it's time. The animatronics barely work in most of the scenes. Same with the water features.

I really doubt it will happen, but I would love to see them re-do the whole flume and put in the double-wide "logs" from the WDW version when they do close it.
And yes, it's time. The animatronics barely work in most of the scenes. Same with the water features.
I secretly hope the same! I like to get a little bit splashed but I don’t like looking like I jumped into a pool with all my clothes on after riding Splash. Haha. That is just miserable to get that drenched. I feel like the double wide logs do not soak you like the single logs at Disneyland do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!