Spinoff: Thanksgiving Foods That You Hate

It takes a cruel person to serve beets for Thanksgiving.

My FIL used to love roasted turnips and parsnips. My MIL only pretty much made them for Thanksgiving, and really just for him as nobody else would touch the stuff. Now that I think of it, I suppose beets weren't part of that, so scratch that off the list. ;)

Cranberry sauce and candied yams, I always thought that I hated sweet potatoes but it really is just the marshmallows that I hate. My stepmom started making a different recipe 10 years ago and I love them.

Cranberry sauce.
I don't serve things like sweet potato casserole or green been casserole. If I did those would probably be on my list too.

For the longest time I hated white meat turkey. My mother made it so dry it was like eating sawdust. Then I started making turkey and found that done right it isn't so bad.

Totally agree. White meat turkey has to be cooked just right, otherwise it's really bad.

I'll add another to the list. Now that it's just the 5 of us for Thanksgiving, we don't cook, we order from Publix. The dinner comes with this "marshmallow fluff" stuff... I don't know exactly what it is, except to say it's nasty.

For the longest time I hated white meat turkey. My mother made it so dry it was like eating sawdust. Then I started making turkey and found that done right it isn't so bad.
Our mothers must have attended the same turkey cooking class. Maybe I'll have to give it another shot with one that is cooked properly.

Green bean casserole
Sweet potatoes
Cranberry goop
Pumpkin pie

Oh I have a few. Haha!

anything with yams or sweet potatoes, especially that disgusting dish with marshmallows on top
any kind of green bean casserole
the mashed turnips that my mom used to make
butternut squash in any form
the disgusting pearl onions my mom used to make me eat every Thanksgiving & Christmas

And then there's my favorite of the gross Thanksgiving dishes...my mother-in-law's 'cranberry relish.' This not-so-delectable concoction includes the following ingredients:
  • cranberry jello
  • ground up fresh cranberries
  • walnuts
  • celery
  • grapes
  • raisins
  • and other things I couldn't identify
Honestly, it was like eating crunchy twigs immersed in jello. So gross. This Thanksgiving, I am especially thankful that my MIL has decided not to make this dish anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter