Spinoff--Age when you met/dated your spouse

NHdisneylover

DIS Veteran
So, the engagement thread has me thinking (since some people listed this anyway :thumbsup2 ).

How old were you when you started dating the person you are now married to?
(and how old were you when you met, if you were not in a relationship right away).

I was 16 when I met my husband.

I turned 19 a week before our first date.

I was 23 when we married and had turned 24 two and a half weeks before DD was born.

At this point we have been together for a little more than half our lives :goodvibes

We met when I was 28, and got married when I was 30.

We adopted my son when I was 40,and I gave birth to our daughters when I was 42 and 45 respectively.

I was 20 when we met and started to date. We met in a bar. He was drunk.

Let's just say it wasn't love at first sight! :rotfl2:

So, the engagement thread has me thinking (since some people listed this anyway :thumbsup2 ).

(and how old were you when you met, if you were not in a relationship right away).

At this point we have been together for a little more than half our lives :goodvibes

DH & I were 21 when we met, 23 dating

I was 23 when we met, and 24 when we started dating, 28 when we married and 29 when DS was born!

Gosh, that's so weird. I felt so old at the time and my relatives used to joke that I was "on the shelf". Looking back now, I was only a baby!

I don't know when we first "met" -- we were in marching band together so we knew of each other since my freshman year.

We started dating when I was 16 & DH was 18.

Got engaged right after I graduated high school.

Got married when I was 21 & he was 23. I finished up college in 3 years so that we could get married.

I'm 32, he'll be 34 this Fall. It's strange to think that at this point in my life, I've spent half of my life with him. I'm too young to be saying that lol!

(ETA: I was 27 & he 29 when our first was born... we got married so young, never even lived on our own before getting married, so we really wanted to enjoy "adult" life before having kids. Infertility helped a lot with that too, lol)

We went to the same high school, so I knew of him from school. Went on our first date when I was 20, which happened to be on his 25th birthday. Married when I was 21. Started dating in March, married the following Feb. Had our oldest DD when I was 24 and second DD when I was 29. Been married now 23 years :)

We met and started dating at 18. Engaged at 19. Married at 20. First child at 20, second child at 23. Married almost 17 years.

26,met at work and started dating a few months later, married at 30

I had just turned 17 when we meet and started dating and i was 19 when we married. (married on my birthday)

I was 23 when we married and had turned 24 two and a half weeks before DD was born.

Our birthdays are just a few weeks apart: when we met and started dating we were 18, we were married at 22 (that was 23 years ago).

Met 18
Started dating 18
Engaged 20
Married 21
First kid 24
Second kid 28

Together for 19yrs as of this September 24th.

First husband I was 19 when we met, 21 when we got married and 24 when I had our daughter.

Husband now, met when I was 31, married at almost 33, had daughter at 34 & 37
Together 18 years

Current husband: Met when I was 24, had our DS when I was 29, married at 31 :)

First husband: Met when I was 18, married at 19, first child at 19 (almost 12 months, to the day, after we got married), second at 21 (too much, too soon, too fast) ;)

We met when I was 36 and he was 40.

Engaged at 37 and 41.

Married at 39 and 43.

It took a long time to find him, but he was worth the wait. :love:

DH and I met when we were 18, just after graduation (from different schools). A mutual friend introduced us, he was drunk, and pretty hot, so I took advantage of him:lmao:, it was supposed to be one of those summer things before we got on with our lives:confused3

We got engaged at 23, married at 24, first child at 25. We're 44 now.

We met at show choir auditions when he was 12 and I was 13. I distinctly remember the moment we met, he was with his best friend, and I was with mine. I can remember the exact spot in the choir room where we were standing.

We didn't "date" until my senior (his junior) year of high school when we went to two dances together. Basically I only went with him because his best friend, who I was more interested in, said no when I asked him! Nothing really became of it.

Then, my second year of college, we were both still in town, going to the community college and working at the same grocery store. We started hanging out after work, and then started officially dating. He asked me to be his girlfriend in the bakery of the store in which we worked.

When he proposed, we were 22/21 (so young looking back on it!) and he proposed to me in the store in the exact same spot where he first asked me to be his girlfriend! :)

We just celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary on Saturday.

I was 24 when we got married, and our DD's were born when I was 26, 30, and 34.

Met when I was 3, started dating when I was 14, got engaged when I was 18, married when I was 19. DD#1 born when I was 20, DD#2 born when I was 26. Counting our dating years, we've been together for 53 years.

We kind of "used" each other when we first started dating; he knew I'd go out with him on short notice and dating a senior when I was a sophomore sent my "street cred" right through the roof. That having been said, I knew at 14 that I was going to marry him. He never had a chance.

Queen Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter