Spectacular Star Wars September Exercise Challenge

Phew, I had no idea I hadn't posted to catch up for the week until now! BUT so happy to report in now!

939/1200 - I guess next month I will have to go up on my goal again! But having to report in really makes me work harder and I am down 3 lbs since the start of the month - must be working!

What a busy group! Everyone is really putting up some great times.

Today my training plan called for 8 miles. Woke up to rain earlier than forecasted, thought about bailing, but decided that race days can be rainy, so might as well get used to it. Eight miles took me 84 minutes, warm up and cool down combined for 21 more. Core work, PT and some walking with the kids added another 30 minutes, so 135 total for the day:). My favorite part is seeing my fit bit currently at 21,000+ steps and counting!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend:)

Wow! An amazing jump in numbers today!:yay: This team :rockband:.

Three new Han Solo Purple members!

PSUTraveler
SarahDisney
sophy1996

and

Two new Princess Leia Pink members!

chbc
scdak

Way to go team!:cheer2::banana::bounce:

------

Today's Star Wars/Disney tidbit comes from San Francisco. If you're in the City by the Bay, drop by the Presidio (part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area). It's the site of the Walt Disney Family Museum, as well as Lucasfilm HQ. Outside of Lucasfilm, there is a fountain featuring :yoda:.

------

The team challenge continues (but it looks like this one's almost in the bag!). Minutes to Han Solo Purple = 891

Last edited:
305/800 after a 34 min run last night. Fall is tough with how much I love to couch snuggle inside. Gotta keep getting out of my comfy lump!

Motivation can be tough. But now I won't be able to avoid thinking about DVCFan1994 getting out and running 8 miles in the rain.:D

Now for the update:

Thursday: 60 minutes stationary bike
Friday: 45 minutes running/walking
Sunday: 153 minutes running and a PR for the distance (thanks to cooler temperatures)

Congrats both on that amount of exercise and on the PR!!:thumbsup2:banana:

Phew, I had no idea I hadn't posted to catch up for the week until now! BUT so happy to report in now!

939/1200 - I guess next month I will have to go up on my goal again! But having to report in really makes me work harder and I am down 3 lbs since the start of the month - must be working!

HUGE numbers! And congrats on the 3 pounds! :cheer2::cool1:

What a busy group! Everyone is really putting up some great times.

Today my training plan called for 8 miles. Woke up to rain earlier than forecasted, thought about bailing, but decided that race days can be rainy, so might as well get used to it. Eight miles took me 84 minutes, warm up and cool down combined for 21 more. Core work, PT and some walking with the kids added another 30 minutes, so 135 total for the day:). My favorite part is seeing my fit bit currently at 21,000+ steps and counting!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend:)

That is fabulous!! :bounce:Now when I want to slack off, I'm going to picture you out in the rain for 8 miles (which is two more miles than I ever plan to run, ever)!:umbrella: And maybe I'll get off my couch. Maybe. :rotfl:

765/1000 150 min. Walking.

That's a large add on! Well done!

Back home now. Came down with a very nasty head cold at WDW. :( Walked about 30 minutes in the MK on Friday before going back to the room and resting there for the remainder of the trip.

Being sick on vacation is the worst. Sorry it happened!

Yeah it was not pleasant. I figure I'd better at least try to run in the rain a few times, because you never know what the weather will be for a race! Ball caps/visors will keep the rain off...I would have been OK if I had thought to wear one, haha! Congrats on hitting 10K!

Now for the update:

Thursday: 60 minutes stationary bike
Friday: 45 minutes running/walking
Sunday: 153 minutes running and a PR for the distance (thanks to cooler temperatures)

Should bring me to 825/1500, woohoo!

LOL! I forgot my hat today for my rainy run too. I was running down a hill swearing in my head at myself for forgetting it. Congratulations on the PR!

I'd say so! Not even half way through the month and you are over 75% to your goal! Great job!

50 additional minutes walking and hiking on Saturday evening that i'll count. Took my daughter & friends to a concert and while she was at a pre-show party, I walked almost a mile to a hiking area. 2 loops of the trail (.7 miles each) around a pond and by a cranberry bog, then a rest and walked back to the stadium. This is in addition a ton of general walking near the stadium, housework, and the morning run I already posted. (Fitbit is calculating 26262 steps, 11.59 miles, 33 floors and 194 active minutes for Saturday, hoping that wins the weekend warrior challenge I was in).

31 minute walk on Sunday evening.

397/1000

90 minutes for me today, so 930/1200. 60 minutes of a circuit training class and 30 minutes PT. I usually wouldn't count PT, but good grief he put me through the ringer today. It was essentially a very targeted strength workout. My legs (particularly my right) are cooked. I am supposed to run tomorrow, but honestly I am not sure I will. My legs need a rest. Maybe I will substitute spinning or swimming. Gotta get the minutes in!

Back home now. Came down with a very nasty head cold at WDW. :( Walked about 30 minutes in the MK on Friday before going back to the room and resting there for the remainder of the trip.

So not fun! Hope you're feeling better!

My weekend was a fail in terms of exercise, but we had a great time seeing friends. Back in the groove today, though - 35 minutes walking, for 217/600.

The team is so close to being Han Solo Purple - a mere 210 minutes to go!:bounce:

Congratulations to three members who changed color today:

lisah0711 and Sleeping*Beauty are both Han Solo Purple

DVCFan1994 is Princess Leia Pink

Who will put the team into Han Solo Purple tonight or tomorrow???

Maybe it's just this challenge affecting my perception, but I'm seeing Star Wars here, there, and everywhere. Today there was an article about Cover Girl's new Star Wars makeup line and another article about new Star Wars books to tide fans over until Episode VII comes out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter