Special needs stroller

The 45 minutes is the wait to Meet Mickey Mouse.
The one thing that will make the most difference (at least from my point of view) is using a stroller as wheelchair or an actual wheelchair.
She could still walk as she has stamina for, but (at least in my view) spending 20-30 minutes just to walk herself down Main Street does not sound like fun. A stroller or wheelchair would be a backup so she doesn’t use all her energy just getting from place to place and get too exhausted to enjoy the actual fun things.
You will see plenty of discussions on DISBOARDS and other forums where people are discussing using a stroller in the parks for their 5, 6 and even 7 yr old kids to avoid them getting too tired.

Ok same question with LL? we just go in line with the stroller? and a CM will go HEY you with the face over here? lol I may buy LL at the rate of the lines and the park sizes etc. I would be surprised if we could hit 4-5 rides for the day. (for her) then what about mom and dad i need to read more on this SWAP rider thing as well.
ADDITIONAL: I watched a ride for SOARIN because i thought she may enjoy that.... was a cute ride until I realized she will be suspended... would we have to take her leg off for that ride? as it COULD fall off hazzard? IDK see the barriers and limitations i look for in this vacation. Turning to be alot more complex in nature. I think the hardest issue would be if she wanted to do something BUT for whatever the reason (DIS) prevents her / She really doesnt like to feal different than others. and yet (at her age now) is starting to realize she is not the same as others. it is a challenge.
if you decide to go with the stroller make sure you get "stroller as a wheelchair" tag at guest services for her to be able to take stroller lines where most strollers are not allowed. this tag is made for someone like your daughter. been there and used this for a grandson where it was a life/trip saver granted a different reason but result was same. SOARIN is only ride I see where leg could be a problem but to add to this remember she will not be the only person the CMs will see in a day with her difference. she will not be the only one that day. I would ask the CM at beginning of line how she will be handled there. you can make a decission there before you get to the ride. with the amount of walking I would plan on either wheelchair or stroller just to save her strength for enjoying the park. she will see a lot of older kids riding more than walking

i am looking at DL as an option.
When looking at DLR, it's a smaller park (2 smaller parks) within walking distance of each other. Attractions are also closer. The official Disney resorts are higher priced but i think at least 2 have direct park access. There are many Good Neighbor hotels at various price-points, many within walking distance to the parks though she would need a stroller. Disability accommodations will be similar to WDW.

On either coast, if you drive to the parks keep in mind the distance from your actual parking spot to the park entrance. WDW transportation gets you closer pretty much every time.

There is a Disneyland forum here on DISboards. Some folks post here and there -- hopefully someone who knows both parks well can pop in here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter