Special MagicBand 2018 Package Offer

Cosmic

Mouseketeer
Thought I'd post this here, since it could actually be considered a good deal for the campsites, but nowhere else. If you book a package by 11/15 for certain dates in 2018, Disney will send you your MagicBands before Christmas this year in order to surprise the family. Presumably, this would preclude people from other discounts for their rooms, but campsites rarely seem to get a discount. There is also a cute new MagicBand that you can select for "free" once you reserve your package. I picked a week in September, and the deal was available for the campsites (and the cabins).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/gift-disney-vacation-package-magic-band/

magic-band-gift-of-giving-mk-16x9.jpg

Actually, you can add the discounts to your reservations, as they come along. I always reserve what I want then change to each new passholder or Florida resident special that I can, when I rent resort rooms. The Fort never seems to have them, but very doable as long as you catch the special before it's sold out of the allotted number of units.

Actually, you can add the discounts to your reservations, as they come along. I always reserve what I want then change to each new passholder or Florida resident special that I can, when I rent resort rooms. The Fort never seems to have them, but very doable as long as you catch the special before it's sold out of the allotted number of units.
You could always also cancel after Christmas (which I suspect a bunch of people will do and this idea will never see the light of day again), but I think this deal is particularly appealing to campsites.

I switched our November 2018 reservation to this deal. We're doing AKL this trip. The price stayed the same. Discounts for that trip won't be out until next summer if there are any. I figured I should be able to modify if there is anything available or cancel and rebook if needed.

You could always also cancel after Christmas (which I suspect a bunch of people will do and this idea will never see the light of day again), but I think this deal is particularly appealing to campsites.

Not really sure how that comment applies to what I said. I never cancel reservations, I just watch for special offers to apply to my existing reservations. Making ressies and canceling them, just to get a special MagicBand is nothing short of theft, in my opinion.

Not really sure how that comment applies to what I said. I never cancel reservations, I just watch for special offers to apply to my existing reservations. Making ressies and canceling them, just to get a special MagicBand is nothing short of theft, in my opinion.
I was under the impression that you can't really "add" discounts to a reservation, but you can switch. If I have 30% off my room and then free dining comes out, I can "add" free dining to my reservation, but that means cancelling out of the 30% and switching to free dining. Normally, that's no issue because you haven't received any physical benefit from having 30% off of that room that you haven't stayed in yet. This is different, because the benefit of the package is the special bands and having them delivered possibly months and months before your trip in order to surprise your family for Christmas. So you would have the benefit of the special bands in hand well before any kind of payment deadlines. You see this kind of thinking in the throwaway room thread (sometimes, I just go there to make myself angry I guess); I agree it's despicable. I wasn't saying that you specifically would book and cancel, but it seems like an obvious flaw in Disney's plan. I think a lot of diehards will want that special band, and then not follow through on the booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!