SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone make it to the walk-up line today? I’d love to hear your experience. We struck out getting an ADR at 5:45 this morning, so we’re considering an impromptu trip to Orlando this weekend while it’s still walk-up only. Other than the fact that it’s not virtual, I haven’t really seen much other info like how long the wait actually was, what time people arrived to get in line, is it rope drop only etc.
Whether or not it’s true - I saw on Twitter a stampede at rope drop, comments on a 5 hour wait, and around noon they stopped letting people get in line.

I feel really bad for the people that have been waiting for this res and didn’t get it, it’s been such a long time and a ton of anticipation for this place. Maybe the most in demand ADR ever ?

When times went live everything went smoothly for around 5 minutes or so before their servers got overloaded and predictably failed. I hope if you didn’t get a reservation you don’t give up, I’m sure a lot of people booked multiple times especially as things were crashing.

I have to say however as someone that doesn’t book 7+ day stays onsite it was great getting the chance to book in an open window without all the times already being gone. That seems to always be the case for in demand ADRs.

Also I think this may be one of the few instances where a high priced Pre Fixe meal is ok for me - as a family we are looking forward to this as entertainment in itself moreso then the meal.

Last edited:
Touring plans tweeted that adults can't order off the kids menu at all, no matter what.
So they won’t let adults order from the kids menu, but what about kids who are 10? My 10-year old is not an adult and still eats like a child. She won’t eat anything on the adult menu. This is rather ridiculous. I’d be willing to pay the full adult price in order to let her order off the kids menu, but it sounds like that isn’t an option for kids who are over the age of nine.

So they won’t let adults order from the kids menu, but what about kids who are 10? My 10-year old is not an adult and still eats like a child. She won’t eat anything on the adult menu. This is rather ridiculous. I’d be willing to pay the full adult price in order to let her order off the kids menu, but it sounds like that isn’t an option for kids who are over the age of nine.

Yeah, 10 is a little young to be considered an “Adult” with a “Fully-Developed Adult Palette and Tastes”. That’s why most regular restaurants have their kid menus for ages 12 and under.

Some adults don’t want all that fancy shmancy food and like simplicity when it comes to food. (Example: Preferring mashed potatoes over mushrooms).

I just viewed a vlogger's experience today...meh. Food does not appear particularly special. The vlogger gave it solid 8's. The atmosphere, honestly, is cool, but after a few minutes, nothing that special. I'm not terribly impressed and glad I missed out a reservation this morning.

Well what a day. Don’t know about y’all but I set a personal record for the number of times I said “you’ve got to be f-ing kidding me!!” before 6 am. All for a space themed restaurant in a land where a mouse rules all :rotfl2: Sometimes you just gotta laugh!!!

Well what a day. Don’t know about y’all but I set a personal record for the number of times I said “you’ve got to be f-ing kidding me!!” before 6 am. All for a space themed restaurant in a land where a mouse rules all :rotfl2: Sometimes you just gotta laugh!!!
I think I might have been in the running for that record! Didn’t get a reservation so I might have set a record for after 6am also :rolleyes1

Has anyone heard if walk-up availability was on MDE or it was a literally walk-up only? Our Epcot day is tomorrow, and I would like to come up with a game plan.

Got up before 6am this morning waiting for reservations to open for 11/20. Got on right at 6 and no Space 220 reservations even showed up for that date.

Has anyone heard if walk-up availability was on MDE or it was a literally walk-up only? Our Epcot day is tomorrow, and I would like to come up with a game plan.
Everything I saw and read on twitter yesterday was no virtual queue - if they wanted to eat/drinks, they stood in line. I saw one person report on twitter they were in line at 940am and able to be seated at 230pm.

Edited:
just rechecked twitter with search term space220: a few tweets reference 7 hours in line. also found a tweet where Disney rolled out a beverage cart to sell cool drinks to people waiting in line.

Last edited:
Yea, this one has got to be a novelty that wears off fast. I mean it will be cool
At first but 10 minutes in…I can’t really see the family so super impressed for much longer than that.
Got up before 6am this morning waiting for reservations to open for 11/20. Got on right at 6 and no Space 220 reservations even showed up for that date.

Ostensibly Genie+ Is supposed to be making a Disney trip easier without “requiring spreadsheets.” I wonder if they are planning to reduce adr and increase walkin availability as a continuation of that theme? (I think it’s a terrible idea, but I also don’t make billions of dollars per quarter)

Because it is a new restaurant, a lot of people with 60+10 probably already got all the ADRs. You will have more luck looking +4 days out if you have a resort reservation.

Yikes, these prices are brutal. Isn’t this more expensive than crt? Yet it can hold twice as many guest and is not inside the mk castle nor have any characters (assuming that comes back). Wow. That must be one heck of an elevator and tv.
I might just have to get a reservation, go in, and then tell them we changed our minds and leave…I do want to walk in and see what they think is so awesome though.
Just be prepared to still pay....they will charge you the fixed price amount once you check in, whether you eat or not.
So, I woke up late and was only able to get a 245 time slot. I see they have a standalone menu for deserts and drinks. Anyone know if they will let us just split a desert or something like that? (I am sure they wouldn't like it, but will they let us once we are in is the issue).
No, you will be charged the fixed price. The drinks and desserts (at lunch) are add on options.

Just be prepared to still pay....they will charge you the fixed price amount once you check in, whether you eat or not.

No, you will be charged the fixed price. The drinks and desserts (at lunch) are add on options.

ouch, that is definitely not what I want to hear. Will probably cancel but just hold it for now.

Because it is a new restaurant, a lot of people with 60+10 probably already got all the ADRs. You will have more luck looking +4 days out if you have a resort reservation.

Our next trip isn't for a few months and I'm just hoping +4 is enough days to grab something. For sure hoping some helpful Dis-ers with closer trips will start reporting on availability for the + days.

So, we are not huge fans of the fixed price menus because sometimes we like to order 3 appetizers to go with our entrees and then split a dessert. Plus I think it waters down the experience. I do get that it makes it easier on the kitchen too.

That said, I LOVE the fixed price menus because it eliminates what happened with BOG - a whole family taking up a table to order water and split a cupcake.

We have a dinner ADR next month. Does anyone know if we will be allowed to order an extra appetizer if we want to in addition to the standard fixed menu?

We're going to space! After not being able to snag a reservation yesterday AM and checking endlessly all day for a cancellation, I was able to grab one for the date I wanted this morning! It's dinner instead of lunch and the time is later than I'd like (7:25p) but I'll take it. I'm hoping I'll eventually be able to modify it to an earlier time or a lunch reservation.

My 10 year old won't eat anything on the adult dinner menu; if it's true that we won't be able to pay the higher price for her to order from the children's menu, I might look into splitting our group up for dinner between two different restaurants. This experience is really for myself and my 11 year old who would happily eat the filet.

Just as an update for folks, we have a trip starting on 11/20, so I jumped on the site this morning to book. I was able to get 11/27 for lunch, but didn't see any times before that. I wasn't planning on doing Epcot that day, but happy to change plans to fit in this restaurant that I've been waiting so long for.

I think I might have been in the running for that record! Didn’t get a reservation so I might have set a record for after 6am also :rolleyes1
I’d like to nominate myself as a contender for this award as well…I was up at 4:45. Computer had crashed overnight but as it rebooted, the app was worthless (“sorry, can’t load this page” grrrr). By 5:00 I was live but found zip for lunch or dinner any of my days; pounded on it from every angle until 6:00 and threw in the towel. When I had an Oga’s pop up for my first HS day, I took it as a sign and snagged that as a consolation prize! And I actually got everything else I wanted, including Boma, so overall I’m still happy. Sleepy, but happy. Two dwarves for the price of one!!! (Hm, better add Dopey to that list too. I need a nap. LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter