Space Mountain?

It is a million times better than WDW.
I realize you’re exaggerating for effect. Space Mountain at DL is actually only about 1,000 times better than the one at WDW.

September at DLR will be hot and crowded.
Yes, September is one of our hottest months. (But it’s a dry heat.)
:beach:

But crowded? Apart from the weekends - and Labor Day, of course - September is one of the better months to visit the park.

If you can go later in September you'll be able to avoid crowds a little more. Although in past years I don't think the slow seasons are as slow as they used to be.
I’ve gone to DLR at different times during September, and I would say the exact opposite. The week or two after Labor Day is probably as close to a slow season as you’re likely to get. Later in the month, the Haunted Mansion overlay and the Halloween decorations are up, and crowds will be too.

Also, in response to crowds in September. It is the least crowded month of the whole year. Even Labor Day weekend(at least this year) was not that crowded. There should be very short waits for attractions. However Haunted Mansion will probably be down in the beginning to install the Holiday overlay.
I don’t know if September is the least crowded – but I agree that it is one of the least.

I also was there on Labor Day Monday last year. Aside from it being as hot as Hades, it was really not that bad. And the day after was noticeably slower (and a bit cooler).

The Magic Kingdom version? If you want to skip the line but still have the same ride experience I'd be more than happy to punch you in the back of the skull.
:rotfl:

I realize you’re exaggerating for effect. Space Mountain at DL is actually only about 1,000 times better than the one at WDW.

Yes, September is one of our hottest months. (But it’s a dry heat.)
:beach:

But crowded? Apart from the weekends - and Labor Day, of course - September is one of the better months to visit the park.

I’ve gone to DLR at different times during September, and I would say the exact opposite. The week or two after Labor Day is probably as close to a slow season as you’re likely to get. Later in the month, the Haunted Mansion overlay and the Halloween decorations are up, and crowds will be too.

I don’t know if September is the least crowded – but I agree that it is one of the least.

I also was there on Labor Day Monday last year. Aside from it being as hot as Hades, it was really not that bad. And the day after was noticeably slower (and a bit cooler).

:rotfl:

a "dry heat"...haha. if it's 100 degrees..it's 100 degrees. it sucks even with no humidity.

well, my idea of "not crowded" is probably different than yours.

That is the point, they are both tubular steel coasters with the same type of trains. They go about the same speed and have a similiar feel.

So what you're saing then is that WDW Space Mountain is the exact same ride as every tubular steel coaster?

The Matterhorn trains are quite different from Space Mountain. Space Mountain has two train cars like the matterhorn and the similarities stop there. Each Matterhorn train car holds 4 guests (two per seat) and use lap belts to hold them in place. Space Mountain also has two train cars but each hold 3 guests (each in their own seat) with a lap bar. Space Mountain also has a much narrower train.

There's no way you could mistake the two unless you've only been on each of them once and it was ten years ago. I've been on both within the last 3 months and I assure you they're quite different.

WDW's Space Mountain ride vehicles are probably one of the most uncomfortable ones I've ever sat in. Ugh. I am not a large person either so I don't know how tall people or overweight (even just mildly overweight) people do it. It was awful...........and the ride sucked.

I'm a hair under 6 feet tall and I could not get my legs into that darned train. Knees up the lap bar wouldn't close so I had to practically sit indian style in some insane yoga position. Maybe I just have awkward proportions. This ride is probably very comfortable if you're around 5 feet tall and have no neck.

So what you're saing then is that WDW Space Mountain is the exact same ride as every tubular steel coaster?

The Matterhorn trains are quite different from Space Mountain. Space Mountain has two train cars like the matterhorn and the similarities stop there. Each Matterhorn train car holds 4 guests (two per seat) and use lap belts to hold them in place. Space Mountain also has two train cars but each hold 3 guests (each in their own seat) with a lap bar. Space Mountain also has a much narrower train.

There's no way you could mistake the two unless you've only been on each of them once and it was ten years ago. I've been on both within the last 3 months and I assure you they're quite different.

No, what I was saying is that SM MK is more like the Matterhorn in design and style than SM DL.

WDW SM is just a Matterhorn knockoff. The tracks are the exact same ride. The DL SM is a single-track that is much more exciting than the Magic Kingdom's version, which is the first SM and DL's is the second one built.

No comparison between the two, even if MK SM has two lines to make the wait times shorter.

If you have a problem with the WDW SM you should avoid The Matterhorn at DL, it is the same ride with different themeing and is rough too.

September at DLR will be hot and crowded.

No, what I was saying is that SM MK is more like the Matterhorn in design and style than SM DL.

Actually, you were saying their tracks are the exact same ride. At least that's how I read it.

Actually, you were saying their tracks are the exact same ride. At least that's how I read it.

Read the whole thread. I said later it is not the exact same ride layout-wise after seeing that the layout is different and longer. It is similiar in it's lack of thrills though, atleast when comparing to DL's version.

The point of this thread was the differences between the two SMs in the US and in my opinion the MK SM is more like DL Matterhorn than any other coaster. That's it, I have corrected myself on that post so get over it.

You just seemed to be afraid to admit that you were wrong when you said they are the exact same track. It's okay. We all make mistakes.

Yes, WDW's SM is more like the Matterhorn than like DL's SM.

You just seemed to be afraid to admit that you were wrong when you said they are the exact same track. It's okay. We all make mistakes.

Yes, WDW's SM is more like the Matterhorn than like DL's SM.

Again you might want to read everything before telling me I won't admit I'm wrong. I said I was wrong about them being exact but as we agree the Matterhorn comparison is valid which was the main point. Stop focusing on one point I was wrong about that I clarified way back in this thread. Maybe you just like to tell people they are wrong.

The point is when I ride DL SM I feel thrilled by it and when I ride MK SM I feel like they made a kiddie coaster. I think we pretty much agree on most points here, were just getting bogged down in a mistake I made which I take full responsibility for. :thumbsup2

A hamburger is more like a ham sandwich than it is a pizza. That doesn't mean they should be declared as the same thing.

Also, in response to crowds in September. It is the least crowded month of the whole year. Even Labor Day weekend(at least this year) was not that crowded. There should be very short waits for attractions. However Haunted Mansion will probably be down in the beginning to install the Holiday overlay.

We were thinking Sept 19th through Oct 3rd to cover DL, CA, KBF and then drive down and checkout San Diego. Would the HM be reopened by then?

We were thinking Sept 19th through Oct 3rd to cover DL, CA, KBF and then drive down and checkout San Diego. Would the HM be reopened by then?

They usually open it up the first weekend or week of October. If anything you'll be there for the soft opening which usually takes place a week before the official opening. I love the classic ride but the holiday version is equally fantastic.

Have fun!

They usually open it up the first weekend or week of October. If anything you'll be there for the soft opening which usually takes place a week before the official opening. I love the classic ride but the holiday version is equally fantastic.

Have fun!

Thanks for the information so you would recommend we do DL/CA/KBF on the second week and San Diego on the first week?

That is the point, they are both tubular steel coasters with the same type of trains. They go about the same speed and have a similiar feel.

September being the least crowded? I disagree, I would say January is the least crowded of the year. DL is always crowded year around for the most part. I love the short lines after the holiday hoopla!

I meant the entire month. There is no really crowded time in September, whereas the first week of January is quite crowded as is Martin Luther King weekend.

I meant the entire month. There is no really crowded time in September, whereas the first week of January is quite crowded as is Martin Luther King weekend.

You were at DLR for an entire month? Just joking! Come to think of it, you could pull it off by putting your bills in the mailboxes on Main Street! ha ha

Maybe there are different definitions of what crowded is. I am probably not as patient as most and since I've been and go often we usually go only when it is not too crowded anymore. I am of the belief that DL is about 90% of the time crowded, or atleast too crowded for me. We usually go for a few hours in the evenings or set aside a weekday and simply avoid the hot months.

I kind of see January and September similiarly, one as the cold month and one as the hot month. The crowds are pretty good since they both follow their respective very busy Holiday and Summer seasons as long as you avoid the one weekend and a couple days before and after them too in MLK weekend and Labor Day weekend.

Another reason I give it up for January is that you have the cold and possibly rain factor which causes for some very literally empty days and ghost town nights! September the weather is still great at night so alot of locals go for the last few hours to utilize the shorter crowds and more of the tourists stay later. We were in DL four times during the month of January and it was literally a private park some of the nights. We were getting multiple rides on things like Thunder Mountain because of the lack of riders.

I like both months, two of the best on the calendar for visiting but the cold weather factor really works for us in a way that could never happen when the weather is still in summer mode.:cool2:

well, my idea of "not crowded" is probably different than yours.
If my longest wait is 20 minutes for Peter Pan at 11:00AM, then, yeah, the park is "not crowded" in my opinion. YMMV.

Last year, the Haunted Mansion Holiday officially opened on Friday, September 21.

I'll chime in about September :)

We were there this past September 19-21, wed, thur, fri.
It was WONDERFUL!!! Not too hot, not very crowded at ALL until Friday.

I would HIGHLY recommend September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter