Space mountain Refurb - new design?

Seeing as TDL is not owned by Disney and instead owned by the Oriental Land Company I have no doubt that this will be amazing.

I kind of wish WDW and DL were getting something similar. I love Space Mountain but the ride is showing its age and is quite a rough ride experience. DL in particular could really use a refresh on Tomorrowland.

I would never want them to change the classic Space Mountain exterior at MK, however I really do like the new design too. It's worth noting that the Tokyo SM is an exact clone of the Disneyland version, though some of the surrounding buildings are different. This version has a much smaller footprint than the MK version, so I think it might be something that they use at DL, but not at MK. Based on the art it does look like a retrofit and not a full demolition, though I'm not sure.

I would never want them to change the classic Space Mountain exterior at MK, however I really do like the new design too. It's worth noting that the Tokyo SM is an exact clone of the Disneyland version, though some of the surrounding buildings are different. This version has a much smaller footprint than the MK version, so I think it might be something that they use at DL, but not at MK. Based on the art it does look like a retrofit and not a full demolition, though I'm not sure.
I will say I think this new design does match the tron vibe fairly well for what that’s worth. I wouldn’t want them to change the classic facade either though

I will say I think this new design does match the tron vibe fairly well for what that’s worth. I wouldn’t want them to change the classic facade either though

Yeah, but I wouldn't want the two that look so similar right next to each other. I think's it's okay to have some differences.

That said, this is a great update. I love that it is very sleek and modern, but with nods to the classic as well. It's pitch-perfect really, but I'm glad it's in Tokyo. It will give me a reason to go back - not that there aren't a million of those already!

Yeah, but I wouldn't want the two that look so similar right next to each other. I think's it's okay to have some differences.

That said, this is a great update. I love that it is very sleek and modern, but with nods to the classic as well. It's pitch-perfect really, but I'm glad it's in Tokyo. It will give me a reason to go back - not that there aren't a million of those already!
Disney sea is super high on my bucket list. I’d definitely go to the Disneyland there as well, but TDS is the real draw

Tokyo Disneysea is amazing. It's hands down the best Disney park. I want to visit again so badly but I'm waiting for the expansion to be done and for Japan to reopen their borders :(

Absolutely agree. DisneySea is the greatest themepark in the world - that was our mantra while there. I remember when we walked into it, and my sister had never seen pica or anything, and as we came under the tunnel, she jsut said, "Oh my God!" It's just that beautiful. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Nooo, CoP is truly a classic from the NYC world's fair and definitely doesn't need to be changed in any way!

Well, it's already been changed. If anything it needs to be changed back to the original ending. The "future" ending just doesn't work anymore. I love it too, but it could usee some kind of update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter