Space Mountain now has single-rider?

I don't think so. I saw a guest get into quite an argument with a CM at RSR because she wanted a row to herself and wasn't letting the single riders load. On the other hand, RSR is a very busy ride, she was trying to block two single riders instead of one, and she was being incredibly rude about it. If you ask nicely and the single rider line isn't too long, who knows.
Thanks. RSR, I don’t mind since it’s basical an outdoor ride and I can ride with my party..but Space is dark and the person is right next to you, it’s triggering. I guess I’ll be passing from now on.

I don't think so. I saw a guest get into quite an argument with a CM at RSR because she wanted a row to herself and wasn't letting the single riders load. On the other hand, RSR is a very busy ride, she was trying to block two single riders instead of one, and she was being incredibly rude about it. If you ask nicely and the single rider line isn't too long, who knows.
I'm surprised that they didn't load a party of 2 from the regular line next to her. When I've gone with my 3 kids I ask for them to sit in the front and I sit in the back with another party of 2. Either way, they try to fill all seats with bodies.

I'm surprised that they didn't load a party of 2 from the regular line next to her. When I've gone with my 3 kids I ask for them to sit in the front and I sit in the back with another party of 2. Either way, they try to fill all seats with bodies.
They asked for a party of two but there were none near the front of the line. Also the single rider line was fairly long so they were probably trying to get it down (we'd been waiting in the single rider line at least 45 minutes).

ETA: I don't think it would have made a difference. She wanted to ride alone and she insisted that waiting through the regular line entitled her to however many seats she wants. If she had had a better attitude and was legitimately uncomfortable riding next to a stranger (like PP with respect to Space), it might have gone down differently.

Thanks. RSR, I don’t mind since it’s basical an outdoor ride and I can ride with my party..but Space is dark and the person is right next to you, it’s triggering. I guess I’ll be passing from now on.
I have a feeling that's why Space didn't have a single rider line before. Now they're "testing" it, so it could be they're waiting to see if they get any negative feedback before making a permanent decision. If others feel the same way you do, the single rider line might not stay or it might be one where CM's are told to make exceptions upon request. So don't give up on it yet.

Plus rsr isn’t as close. Or dark. I’m not sitting next to someone. I’d get off.

Adding to the SR discussion, Indy is dark and has lap restraints but if four across and not two. At WDW they have it for Expedition Everest which also is pretty dark for much of the ride and has a seating system similar to Space Mtn - two across with lap bars.

Rockin Rollercoaster also has SR and it is just as dark as Space Mtn but has the overhead restraints like CA Screamin.

I guess I would say there is precedent for keeping SR at DL Space Mtn. And I hope they do.

:wizard:

I know GSS isn't dark, but that's the one I sometimes feel weird using SR for; only because of how you are wedged in pretty close to the next person.

I rode single rider once at Space Mountain in 2013. It was the first day of all the halloween stuff, 3hour+ wait at space mountain and I waited about 10 min for single rider. Haven't seen a single rider line since that one time. Will be there thursday so I hope its there!

Can you decline a single rider? I’m always stuck going alone and I really would mind a stranger in this ride riding with me due to personal reasons...
My guess is that if you ask the CM when they're loading the cars to please not seat you with a SR, most CMs would be willing to accommodate you. However, as mentioned, it probably depends on how long the SRL is. (Also, this assumes you're in the regular line - I don't think those in the SRL can make any requests.)

As HydroGuy mentioned, I think it's easier to add a SRL to any attraction where the vehicles have distinct seats. So things like Space Mountain, where you can share a row, but each seat has it's own safety restraint, make it a more likely candidate to have a SRL. I'd be surprised if they ever added it to things like BTMRR, where the seats are not individualized.

I ride a lot of rides alone when my husband and I do rider switch. I wouldn't mind riding with a stranger on SM, it seems not much different than when I'm seated with a stranger on CS, which is fine by me.

Went this week and there was a sign for saying single rider at the exit and used it several times. A few times the sign seemed blocked a bit but there was a CM there and when I asked they said it was a try out as needed this week. I was shocked not many people were using it. There likely until Sunday is what I was told!

I *think* I would like a SM single rider line. My daughter and I use single rider as much as we can. But then the thought of her sitting very close to some stranger in the dark gives me pause... hmmm....

Interestingly, at Tokyo Disneyland they *DO* ask the people riding if they would mind if a single was seated next to them. Sometimes they said "no thanks" but most of the time they said "okay".

As a solo traveler, I love SRL on any ride. I’m not that concerned about personal space on a ride. They aren’t that long. I think you have less personal space in the queue.

The rumor was that SR was being tested through last Sunday. Has anyone noticed if they kept it this week so far?

:wizard:

I decided to do a quick trip yesterday. I haven't been reading the message boards, so I was really surprised when I saw the Single Rider sign at Space. Of course, I had to come back here to see if it had been posted ;-)

Interestingly, when our party of 3 rode Space, they did not seat a Single Rider with us. However, when we rode BTM...they *did* put someone in with my husband. We were really surprised...my husband was shocked when some woman got in the car next to him and pulled the lap bar down. We have visited the parks several times per year for the past 7 years or so, and have never had that happen.

I decided to do a quick trip yesterday. I haven't been reading the message boards, so I was really surprised when I saw the Single Rider sign at Space. Of course, I had to come back here to see if it had been posted ;-)

Interestingly, when our party of 3 rode Space, they did not seat a Single Rider with us. However, when we rode BTM...they *did* put someone in with my husband. We were really surprised...my husband was shocked when some woman got in the car next to him and pulled the lap bar down. We have visited the parks several times per year for the past 7 years or so, and have never had that happen.
My guess is on BTMR that may not have been cast member assigned just a person not paying attention. For Space they don't always have people in the SR line and sometimes whoever is doing seating doesn't always count properly or make sure to grab a SR person in time to load.

My guess is on BTMR that may not have been cast member assigned just a person not paying attention. For Space they don't always have people in the SR line and sometimes whoever is doing seating doesn't always count properly or make sure to grab a SR person in time to load.

The other party on BTMR was also a party of 3. Her companions were in the row behind her. So it seemed intentional, but who knows?

Last edited:
The other part on BTMR was also a party of 3. Her companions were in the row behind her. So it seemed intentional, but who knows?
I'm wondering if she wasn't paying attention and they were suppose to be in the two behind or they miscommunicated to the CM that they were all going to ride in the same row and then didn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter