Space Mountain closure?

Scorpioxynxy

Earning My Ears
I’ve traveled to WDW many times with my siblings & their families. I am super excited about going to the DLR for the first time. As I have listened to the DIS for years, the wonderful, connecting with Walt and the now sunset Disney land DIS show I feel I am more prepared then most.
However, I do have a few questions.
I am traveling with a friend who lives in Burbank we are both around our 50’s. He has never been to any Disney Parks and doesn’t get this side of me. 4/24 is DL, 4/25 is DCA. (No hopper, we do have genie plus). I chose these as neither have early morning hours and the 25th has a special ticket event at DLR.

DL when they do not have fireworks, do they have projection a show? Unfortunately HM, bobsleds, and Lincoln are closed but the I am not seeing space mountain as available this day. Does anyone know anything about this?
DCA sadly, no fireworks or fantasmic night before. There is no WOW dining package except for magic key holder, so I did splurge on the WOW dessert party. I’ve done this at MKP and thought the viewing area should have been better. Does anyone know how the viewing area is for WOW?
Thank you and did I mention I AM SO EXCITED!

DL when they do not have fireworks, do they have projection a show?
Yes. That night, it should be Mickey's Mix Magic, which is a projection show with or without fireworks. Keep your eye on the Daily Calendar to see if it changes. It's currently showing on the calendar as with-fireworks that night (which is gently surprising to me).

I am not seeing space mountain as available this day. Does anyone know anything about this?
During that timeframe, it'll be running as Hyperspace Mountain (the Star Wars overlay). They list the ride variations (ie, Soarin Over California vs Soarin Around the World) as if they're different rides, which is why Space Mountain shows no availability.

when I click on Wednesday April 24 on the app neither space mountain, hyper space mountain or mix magic projection show. The fireworks mix magic does show up but when I click it it says not scheduled this day.

when I click on Wednesday April 24 on the app neither space mountain, hyper space mountain or mix magic projection show. The fireworks mix magic does show up but when I click it it says not scheduled this day.
Hyperspace Mountain won't be listed on the daily calendar because it isn't an event. As Brightlined mentioned, it's described on the Season of the Force page.

Dunno why you aren't seeing the fireworks show listed on April 24th. It's on the schedule page for that day:

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 6.11.19 PM.png

Hyperspace Mountain won't be listed on the daily calendar because it isn't an event. As Brightlined mentioned, it's described on the Season of the Force page.
I was taking that to mean this - Space Mountain doesn't show any times for April on its page:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/space-mountain/

I'm assuming Hyperspace Mountain will eventually have its own page and schedule.

For example, Soarin has separate pages for its variations, and the times are kept separate:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/soarin-over-california/
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/soarin/

Dunno why you aren't seeing the fireworks show listed on April 24th. It's on the schedule page for that day:
For whatever reason, the calendar in the app is different from the website one. (I've had that same issue trying to figure what was going on just with the app.) They used to update the show pages with times, but not now. Might be because of the weird schedule they've got running over the next couple of months: Mickey's Mix Magic runs for a couple of weeks (the 24th is the last showing, which might be why it's listed as having fireworks) before the Pixar fireworks start that Friday.

I was taking that to mean this - Space Mountain doesn't show any times for April on its page:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/space-mountain/
I was referring to this comment from Scorpio: "when I click on Wednesday April 24 on the app neither space mountain, hyper space mountain or mix magic projection show." I.e., the date page, not the Space Mountain attraction page.

For whatever reason, the calendar in the app is different from the website one.
Wow, that's annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter