Space 220...rules on only ordering drinks?

aerxo17

Mouseketeer
I will be going to Epcot with a party of 7 in June and we would LOVE to try drinks at Space 220! I've read that lounge seating is only for parties of up to 4. Can we just have drinks and maybe some appetizers/sides if we book a regular table? We would love the experience, but won't be hungry enough for a full meal during the time of day we'll be near the restaurant.

I’m sure you can, if you pay the prix fixe price for the regular table.

If you just want drinks and apps and not be charged for the full meal, you should book for the lounge. (Two reservations, if it’s limited to 4 per table?)

If you book a regular table at the restaurant, you will each have to pay for the pricey fixed menu. They don't want people who go there to 'look around' and not pay for a meal. My understanding is the lounge can be for just drinks/appetizers. Might check the Disney restaurant reservation site to see if any restrictions for the lounge with regard to your party size.

As others have pointed out there is no a la carte menu in the restaurant. You will pay the prix fixe whether you eat the meal or not.

You need to book the lounge which does have an a la carte menu. If your party is larger than 4, book multiple tables as close in time as possible and ask when you check in whether you can be seated in the same area.

Last edited:
Just in case you didn't know there are TWO different booking links for Space 220.

Restaurant ~ Prix Fixe Only

and

Lounge ~ Prix Fixe OR Lounge menu OR just drinks

Make sure you use the Lounge one if you don't want to pay the full Prix Fixe menu price.

just have drinks and maybe some appetizers/sides if we book a regular table? We would love the experience, but won't be hungry enough for a full meal
This is the reason Disney is transitioning many restaurants to price fixed.

Space frequently has same day availability. Show up at the podium when they open. Don’t rely on the app.

Only option is two reservations at the lounge. Maybe you won’t sit next to each other but you will save a huuuuge chunk of change. You’ll need to make the reservations under 2 different MDE accounts so it doesn’t deny you the second res because you already have one.

This is the reason Disney is transitioning many restaurants to price fixed.

Space frequently has same day availability. Show up at the podium when they open. Don’t rely on the app.
When we went they said same day ADR was restaurant only, not lounge, but could wait standby to sit at bar. With a large party that might be tough though.

Thanks all! Didn't realize the menu was Prix Fixe, we've never been to Space 220 before. thanks for letting me know, we'll try to get two ADRs for the lounge. Definitely not suggesting we sneak in "to look around without paying for a meal". Disney will be getting plenty of our money while we're there, lol, we just don't want to have 3 TS meals in a day.

Thanks all! Didn't realize the menu was Prix Fixe, we've never been to Space 220 before. thanks for letting me know, we'll try to get two ADRs for the lounge. Definitely not suggesting we sneak in "to look around without paying for a meal". Disney will be getting plenty of our money while we're there, lol, we just don't want to have 3 TS meals in a day.
are you staying at a Disney resort?

you won't find a space 220 lounge reservation easily. I am staying At Boardwalk, my reservation started 7 days prior to 60 day mark (60 +7), I am going in February (low season) and could not find a single reservation for lounge, only restaurant. Also, you are going in June, super crowded.

Just be aware of that, and if you really want to go, you better do walk ups.

are you staying at a Disney resort?

you won't find a space 220 lounge reservation easily. I am staying At Boardwalk, my reservation started 7 days prior to 60 day mark (60 +7), I am going in February (low season) and could not find a single reservation for lounge, only restaurant. Also, you are going in June, super crowded.

Just be aware of that, and if you really want to go, you better do walk ups.

Oh, yikes. Yes, we're staying at Kidani, but only for a few days and we're going to Epcot first, so probably not much chance of us getting it at 60+2 😅

We'll see what we can get, but it's not a make-or-break for us.

Oh, yikes. Yes, we're staying at Kidani, but only for a few days and we're going to Epcot first, so probably not much chance of us getting it at 60+2 😅

ouch, so I will be honest with you, you won't find a reservation for lounge at all (and for restaurant will also be hard).

Your best bet is walk ups. You can sign up for dining alert,however space lounges rarely pops up because most people won't cancel it.

If you really want to go, show up at 10AM and ask for a lounge table. a lot of people have had success that way, good luck

Neither my pocket book nor my stomach could handle 3 TS/day 😂

Yeah, 1% chance if I’m being honest. BUT set dining alerts and you might make it, more availability pops up the closer you get.

Ive seen (and gotten) several Space 220 lounge ADRs the day of. It’s not impossible. I have overheard people get turned away at the podium but I’m usually traveling during busy periods. Maybe others have had luck doing walk-ups. With the new 2 hour cancellation policy people do drop this ADR the day of.

Sometimes you can also pick it up the day before, some people will still drop a day in advance.

Either way, don’t stress about it. It’s cool but not something that makes or breaks a trip.

Only option is two reservations at the lounge. Maybe you won’t sit next to each other but you will save a huuuuge chunk of change. You’ll need to make the reservations under 2 different MDE accounts so it doesn’t deny you the second res because you already have one.
I know this thread hasn’t been active for a while but I’ll take a chance and jump on it…

So we are going late july-staying on property. Will be booking for our second day there. (So is that considered 60+1?) so odds of getting I’m sure are next to nothing…but here’s my question:

We are a party of 7 wanting lounge reservations. So are you saying that the system will only allow one reservation per MDE? So that 2 of us have to essentially be on there at the same time and one has to try and snag a four top and the other person has to try and snag a three top? Our room reservation ofc is the same so the second person would have “the same reservation” for the hotel stay so would that person still be allowed to make the second res? Hope my question makes sense and I’m saying it correctly. Coming up in a couple of days so need to be fully prepared!

I know this thread hasn’t been active for a while but I’ll take a chance and jump on it…

So we are going late july-staying on property. Will be booking for our second day there. (So is that considered 60+1?) so odds of getting I’m sure are next to nothing…but here’s my question:

We are a party of 7 wanting lounge reservations. So are you saying that the system will only allow one reservation per MDE? So that 2 of us have to essentially be on there at the same time and one has to try and snag a four top and the other person has to try and snag a three top? Our room reservation ofc is the same so the second person would have “the same reservation” for the hotel stay so would that person still be allowed to make the second res? Hope my question makes sense and I’m saying it correctly. Coming up in a couple of days so need to be fully prepared!
2 different MDEs can make ADRs for the same time under the same hotel res as long as they do not add the other person as a guest on the ADR. Leave the guest spots unassigned.

I cannot imagine you are able to book this at 60+1 but stranger things have happened!

2 different MDEs can make ADRs for the same time under the same hotel res as long as they do not add the other person as a guest on the ADR. Leave the guest spots unassigned.

I cannot imagine you are able to book this at 60+1 but stranger things have happened!
Thanks yeah I know it’s highly unlikely but is the one thing dd really wants to do so trying to make it happen for her. We’ll see. She will get over it if not. (And she will be the other person trying to book it! Lol) 🤞

I would bet your best bet will be checking day of. Just looking at the app right now for today there is a 3:20pm and 7:45pm. We've been a couple times during shorter trips and only were able to do it day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter