Spa services at sea vs port day

justme0729

DIS Veteran
Do you prefer to schedule your spa services at sea or on port days if planning to stay on the ship anyways? If I want the discount for port days, can I book in advance still? Is there a DVC discount? How much is the discount?

If I were staying on the ship in port and wanted spa services during the cruise, I would definitely plan on watching for Port Day Specials. Once onboard, attend Spa Open House after Embarkation lunch. Enter the drawing for free or discounted services and ask about specials. They are often posted in the Personal Navigator.

I don’t think they are bookable online; better profit/ marketing to have people make spur of the moment decisions. Pre-planners pay full price. Someone who wasn’t sure sees the special and thinks, “why not?”

I typically don’t stay on the ship in port.

If you have the Disney Visa registered to your onboard account, there is this offer on port days:

20% off select spa treatments and services. Offer and offer elements are subject to availability, capacity limitations, cruise cancellations, and additional restrictions, may change or be canceled without notice, and are not guaranteed. Valid for non-discounted massages or facial treatments on port days only. In order to receive special Disney Cruise Line perks, valid Disney Visa Card must be designated for all onboard purchases at time of purchase for sailings through 12/31/24. Reservations may be required. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts including Cast Member, Castaway Club, and Disney Vacation Club® offers or discounts, and is for personal use only.

I would do a port day *unless* I was booking the couples' villa that has a sea view. Looking out at the open ocean is a lot more romantic than looking out at Ensenada ;p

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter