• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Souvenir videos at Discovery Cove

goofy about mickey

Mouseketeer
Has anybody seen or purchased the new souvenir videos at Discovery Cove? If so, what are they like? For example, how good is the picture quality and do the contain any footage besides the dolphin encounter? Also, does anybody know how much they cost?

The video sounds like an interesting alternative to purchasing multiple souvenir photos, but I hear that you don't have an opportunity to view the video before purchasing it. I leave for my Florida vacation in two days and I'm trying to decide whether a video would be worth the cost. :) :) Thank you for any advice. :) :)

You don't see the video in advance, and I think this is why noone buys them. It's about $40, and they say you're guaranteed to be on it, and that 1 other group is on it with you. But there is no way to tell what you're going to see. I think they need to make some kind of playback system where you can preview it.

Whereas, when you're looking at a picture, you know what you're getting. With the pictures, you pick from about 12, and narrow it down to about 3. If you want more, you can always go back to the photo stand and pull them up again and buy extras. It's kinda confusing at first because they want to sell you a package in the hut which includes a snow globe or key chains. But you can buy more later if you want.
We bought 3 photos and a snow globe, then I went back and bought 1 more picture after lunch.
Remember to bring the piece of paper given to you when you walk in and take the group shot. You need it to get your free picture along with the ones you buy. Most people (myself included) leave this piece of paper in their locker, and then you gotta walk to the lockers, get it, and come back.
Our pictures sit on our nite stands, one is downstairs above our tv, and my mom has one on the table in her foyer. All of our DC pictures are on display where they can be seen. The pictures they take are great, and you're gonna want to buy them all. If you really want the video, then don't look at your pictures, because once you do, that's it, you'll want them.

robvia- Thanks for your reply. You're ethusiasm for DC really comes through in your writing. Now I'm even more excited about my trip!! :bounce: :bounce:

We didn't buy the video, but apparently it also includes some general footage about DC and dolphins. I suspect that if you are into watching vacation videos, it would probably be worth it.

I got 5 5x7 pictures and 2 sets of keychains for $105, tax included. The pictures are very good. They are taken with a digital camera and printed on photographic paper.

I'd post the picture of my daughters kissing a dolphin but I'm technically deficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter