Southwest Early Bird Checkin

Did any one answer you via PM? I'd be interested in knowing this too.:surfweb:

I read several pages back that someone actually called SW & they were told NO
u cannot use credit to pay for this option :confused3

I just did EBCI for our return flight I would not use it for the down flight as I have always been able to do that myself but the return trip is always a pain for us to check in I usually call my sister & have her do it but I decided to just fork over $20 & be done with it :rolleyes1

Just went a few weeks ago - did NOT do early bird check-in and flight was COMPLETELY FULL - no available seats whatsoever. Checked in right at 24 hour mark and still got A boarding passes.

Our flight home on Friday 2/19 from MCO to PVD @ 10:55am was not sold out (had 4 open seats around us) and EBCI (purchased the 1st day the airfare opened) gave us boarding numbers A41,42 & 43.

IMHO - for an additional $30 for the three of us it was well worth not interrupting our final morning to check in. But this also shows that many holiday & vacation travelers are buying ebci on purchase.

ETS: our trip down was much easier with us having boarding numbers A 16, 17 & 18, ebci also purchased, however the flight was sold out and they were looking for volunteers to go on a later plane (which didn't exist as the airport was shutting down for a storm ;))

We got A21 & A22 with EBCI for our Orlando to Las Vegas flights tomorrow morning. It's probably not good enough for the "love seat", but it will make boarding easier.

for 10$ bucks not to have to call In ahead,and get "A" class borading Its well worth It foor us:cool1:. Everyone Is diffrent,thats whats great It gives you a opption.

We flew SW on March 6th on the only flight out of Dulles to MCO. It was sold out. We DID NOT buy EBCI. I logged on at the24 hours mark and got A39 and A40. Pretty good and saved $20! We fly home on Jetblue, so no problem there since we have assigned seating.

We purchased EBCI with our flights for March trip - the plane was completely full both ways. We got A18-20 on the way down and the way back A37-39....I think it was worth the money as I was stressing about sitting together. EBCI means some peace of mind for me. happy travels!

I just flew to MCO on Saturday, 3/20 and returned to ALB on Tuesday, 3/23. I bought my flight to MCO in January and my flight home in February, about 4 weeks prior to the trip.

For the flight to MCO, I got A18. Few Business Select in front of me - I got an exit row aisle seat, someone else had the window and no one sat in between us. :thumbsup2

For the flight back to ALB, I got A19. Again, exit row, window this time.

I apologize for not reading the whole thread but I have a quick question. If I purchase EBCI and the cost of the flight goes down, can you rebook and carry the EBCI with you? I know in the past I have just cancelled my flights then rebooked with my travel funds. Thanks!!

It's $10! I think it's worth every dime not to have to worry about it.

I used it both in September and this past January and there were maybe 3 business select passengers in front of us, each time.

It's fantastic. Again - worth every single penny.

I apologize for not reading the whole thread but I have a quick question. If I purchase EBCI and the cost of the flight goes down, can you rebook and carry the EBCI with you? I know in the past I have just cancelled my flights then rebooked with my travel funds. Thanks!!

Yes you can. I did that on my last flight. But you can't carry it over if you cancel and book a DING fare.

Yes, any transaction with your flight where you keep the same confirmation number will carry the EBCI with it. If you cancel completely and rebook, then you'll lose the EBCI. (i.e., if you cancel and apply the credit to a new flight at another time, or for a DING fare for the same flight)

3/13 - Long Island to MCO - did not use EBCI, I got A25 and hubby B25. I did it at the 24 hour mark, one right after the other. From MCO to Long Island did use EBCI - A16 & 17

Is there any way to find out how full is your flight? This may help determine if it is worth it or necessary to do the EBCI. I guess call Southwest and ask??

Is there any way to find out how full is your flight? This may help determine if it is worth it or necessary to do the EBCI. I guess call Southwest and ask??

I am always checking the flight to see how many seats. I keep changing the number of people to see if I can still book with that many. Also another indicator it might be getting full is there are not discount tickets left.

We are flying in April and both our flight days have no seats available for any flights.:scared1:

:cool1: I booked our flight down in Oct. right after they started this EBCI thing. I did not add it until sometime in Dec. (Decided since it's an evening flight it might already be 1/2 full so I thought it might be helpful.) ANYWAY, I totally forgot to check at T-24 (3 hours ago) and just remembered before I went to bed to look a few minutes ago. To my complete and total DELIGHT we got A6, A7 & A8!! :woohoo: Since I had this brain fart I am SOO glad I did the EBCI!!

:cool1: I booked our flight down in Oct. right after they started this EBCI thing. I did not add it until sometime in Dec. (Decided since it's an evening flight it might already be 1/2 full so I thought it might be helpful.) ANYWAY, I totally forgot to check at T-24 (3 hours ago) and just remembered before I went to bed to look a few minutes ago. To my complete and total DELIGHT we got A6, A7 & A8!! :woohoo: Since I had this brain fart I am SOO glad I did the EBCI!!

How did you get A6-A8? I've never seen Business Select numbers go to non-Business Select travelers, even when there are none or few Business Select passengers on the flight.

How did you get A6-A8? I've never seen Business Select numbers go to non-Business Select travelers, even when there are none or few Business Select passengers on the flight.

I have NO idea - I didn't realize those were Business Select boarding numbers. We normally use Air Tran not SW. I guess I didn't realize that SW even had a Business Select category. All I know is about 11:15 last night I logged in to finish the check-in process & print our boarding passes. My boarding pass says: Boarding Group A / Position 06. DH has postion 07 and DS had postion 08. :confused3 We just get on & sit where ever we find open now right??:confused3 This does not mean we get different seating.

Wow, I've never seen that happen either. Are you flying out of BWI or IAD? We have flown out of IAD about 6 times this year on SW (always to, never from WDW) and have gotten A17-18 as our best.

Wow, I've never seen that happen either. Are you flying out of BWI or IAD? We have flown out of IAD about 6 times this year on SW (always to, never from WDW) and have gotten A17-18 as our best.

BWI for this trip... I don't know what's going on. I just logged in & that's what printed.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter