Southwest drink coupons

brekin67

DIS Veteran
I am thinking of buying drink coupons from ebay. I always see them for sale, but have never seen anyone use one on a plane. Have you ever purchased them from ebay and did they work okay to exchange for drinks?

i have bought some southwest drink coupons on e bay for a trip to Las Vegas and they worker great. one coupon per drink its was a good deal

I am thinking of buying drink coupons from ebay. I always see them for sale, but have never seen anyone use one on a plane. Have you ever purchased them from ebay and did they work okay to exchange for drinks?

The drink coupons were mailed to Rapid Rewards members each time an award flight was earned. I'm not a big drinker so I just give them to my mom or SIL.

Now the drink coupons actually have our names on them and at some point the ones without names will no longer be valid. I'm sure someone else will know and post. I usually give mine away but now that they have our names, I guess that's not an option anymore.

Be careful. If these are the older type drink coupon books they will expire in August, the end of August if I recall. Now they send out multi colored coupons with a name and expiration date on them. Not sure anyone will actually check the name against an ID, but I'll guess they will check the expiration date.

brekin67 - If you are flying before then end of August I have several Southwest drink coupons I will mail to you if you PM me your address :)

brekin67 - If you are flying before then end of August I have several Southwest drink coupons I will mail to you if you PM me your address :)

That was a VERY NICE offer. We are actually going September 29th. Thank you so much for the generous offer.

Bowen9475 - If you are not going to use your drink coupons and have no one to give them to, I would be interested. We are flying down to Disney on 8/3. :banana:

disneysherrym - If you PM me you address I will send you some.

Also, if anyone else is going before the expiration date of August 31, and wants to PM me an address, I will send out more drink coupons. I have 16 coupons so depending on how many people PM me will determine how many I can send to each person. I will send at least two to each person I hear from in the next day or two.

Took a look at the offerings on Ebay, and while most sellers of the older drink coupons let you know they are expiring at the end of August, some are saying they have no expiration date. Just be aware.

Took a look at the offerings on Ebay, and while most sellers of the older drink coupons let you know they are expiring at the end of August, some are saying they have no expiration date. Just be aware.

Technically, it is correct that they have no expiration date, because there isn't one printed on the coupons, and when they were distributed they did not have an expiration date. However, the older coupons with no printed expiration date will all have an expiration date of 8/31/11, which has been instituted by SWA so they can start a new system. So be informed when buying from Ebay.

disneysherrym - I did not receive your PM but I did send you one. Check your inbox :)

Technically, it is correct that they have no expiration date, because there isn't one printed on the coupons, and when they were distributed they did not have an expiration date. However, the older coupons with no printed expiration date will all have an expiration date of 8/31/11, which has been instituted by SWA so they can start a new system. So be informed when buying from Ebay.

SW also sold the drink coupons to passengers. I'm not sure how Southwest thinks they can justify adding an expiration date to a coupon which was intentionally sold without an expiration date. Airlines aren't subject to local consumer protections laws.

I certainly wouldn't purchase coupons from Ebay, unless I was planning on using it before 91/1.

Brekin67- if you'll pm me your name and address I'll be happy to mail you my drink coupons. They expire 12/31/11. They do have my name on them but don't state anywhere that they can't be used by others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter