Southwest cancelled flight PHL to MCO

You got a resolution that was basically the same, so like ... why even bother complaining about it? Not everything in life is worth being upset over. I had Southwest do the same to me last night, and I simply selected a flight that was more agreeable and texted the person I was meeting that my arrival time changed.

Some of y'all could stand to compartmentalize actual problems in life a little better.
True, I fixed it but some people are not that travel savvy. The layover they booked for us was in Milwaukee, on a flight from Washington, DC to Orlando.

Why do people say "check your flights?"

Doesn't the airline notify you when they cancel or change your flight? Delta does. I just had that happen. I'm booked to MCO next month one way via Delta and one way via Southwest. Are you telling me SW might change or cancel my flight without notifying me after the fact?

Doesn't the airline notify you when they cancel or change your flight? Delta does. I just had that happen. I'm booked to MCO next month one way via Delta and one way via Southwest. Are you telling me SW might change or cancel my flight without notifying me after the fact?
DELTA, as well as SW, might change or cancel your flight and not notify you. They've done it to me. Do not count on ANY airline a) not making changes and b) notifying you if they do. THAT'S why people say "check your flights".

DELTA, as well as SW, might change or cancel your flight and not notify you. They've done it to me. Do not count on ANY airline a) not making changes and b) notifying you if they do. THAT'S why people say "check your flights".

Wow. That's crazy. I've always been notified. I was even notified recently by Delta when they changed my departure time by just 5 minutes later than originally scheduled.

Prior to Covid SW virtually never changed a released schedule. Obviously flights had to be canceled due to weather or mechanical issues.

Sadly that is no longer the case. Evidently SW doesn't have enough crew, and possibly equipment, to operate their relwased schedule

DL has changed my Orlando trip twice in the last month. The first time both inbound legs were changed and I was notified, the second time one of my outbound legs was changed and I got no notification. On DL right now you should be checking every Monday to see if it got changed on Schedule Change Saturdays.
Prior to Covid SW virtually never changed a released schedule. Obviously flights had to be canceled due to weather or mechanical issues.

Sadly that is no longer the case. Evidently SW doesn't have enough crew, and possibly equipment, to operate their relwased schedule
Pretty sure it's much more pilots than anything else. How many tax dollars did they take to keep people on the payroll but they didn't keep everybody current.

My return on 10/6 was changed from 1:20 to 4:35. Not a problem, more time last day. What I’ve noticed in the past year is they have a flight around 1:30 and another around 9:00. This is at least the third time that they cancelled the 9:00 and moved the 1:30 to around 4:30. I think they try to sell the tickets as many tickets as possible on both flights and then combine if not full.

I think they try to sell the tickets as many tickets as possible on both flights and then combine if not full.
The problem with that theory is, unless the plane just goes back and forth between A & B, airlines often need the plane to go from A to B, then on to C. Cancelling (or delaying) the flight from A to B would mess up the flight from B to C.

The problem with that theory is, unless the plane just goes back and forth between A & B, airlines often need the plane to go from A to B, then on to C. Cancelling (or delaying) the flight from A to B would mess up the flight from B to C.

They are reworking the schedule over 70 days in advance, so they can account for that.

I am a A List on Southwest. There is an option to notify via text. I have gotten flight cancellations and changes as well as delays via text. I have also gotten emails directly from them saying there was a change in flights and to check. One time our flight was cancelled for a Sunday and they let us change to Monday without a problem. Since it was a 7pm flight I had reserved a room for that Sunday night anyways. It worked for us. Last week I had a 7pm flight delayed to10pm was notified ...then it went back to 7pm about an hour before the flight. Delays I just go to the airport anyways.

DL has changed my Orlando trip twice in the last month. The first time both inbound legs were changed and I was notified, the second time one of my outbound legs was changed and I got no notification. On DL right now you should be checking every Monday to see if it got changed on Schedule Change Saturdays.

Pretty sure it's much more pilots than anything else. How many tax dollars did they take to keep people on the payroll but they didn't keep everybody current.

Have been on three SWA flights where they offered over $1200 for people to give up their seats - later flights and they are transferring pilots so have to get them there. Also one gate agent told me it was maintenance - they are having a shortage. Plus in Houston we waited for an hour for them find someone to run the jetway to get us off the plane. It is crazy.

Last week I had a 7pm flight delayed to10pm was notified ...then it went back to 7pm about an hour before the flight. Delays I just go to the airport anyways.

Had a similar delay change once. Notified we were delayed (I think in Tampa?) so we went to a restaurant in the airport and ordered dinner. Then notified we were un-delayed. I think half the people in the restaurant suddenly asked for their food to go. But we have never before experienced the level of changes and cancellations that have been going on lately with SW. I know it's covid related but it is tough to plan around.

September 6th- let’s just hope everyone is back to work! N

I am a A List on Southwest. There is an option to notify via text. I have gotten flight cancellations and changes as well as delays via text. I have also gotten emails directly from them saying there was a change in flights and to check. One time our flight was cancelled for a Sunday and they let us change to Monday without a problem. Since it was a 7pm flight I had reserved a room for that Sunday night anyways. It worked for us. Last week I had a 7pm flight delayed to10pm was notified ...then it went back to 7pm about an hour before the flight. Delays I just go to the airport anyways.
I'm not saying the airlines WON'T notify. But I'm saying it is POSSIBLE and you should not assume they will. So "check your flights".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter