Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

So let me get this straight. Sorry that i'm not familiar with the reservation process.
As you know, i have booked 2 extra nights after the ABD trip. Do i need to make reservations for entering to the parks on those 2 days? or as i'm staying on property it is "automatically" reserved?

Thanks!!
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure, but I'm 99% sure that the last day of the ABD *is* included in your ticket from ABD, and will include reservations, even though it's OYO time, and you won't be going to the Parks with the group. Breakfast and the day in the parks OYO is technically a part of your tour.

Sayhello

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure, but I'm 99% sure that the last day of the ABD *is* included in your ticket from ABD, and will include reservations, even though it's OYO time, and you won't be going to the Parks with the group. Breakfast and the day in the parks OYO is technically a part of your tour.

Sayhello
Yes That is correct, thank you.
My concern is for the 2 extra days we will be in the parks.

Sayhello
That's correct. If your farewell breakfast is in the parks then your guides will make a reservation for that day; otherwise, you will have your ticket already and can either make your own reservation or have the guides do it for you.

For the day after your trip ends, you buy your own single day ticket and make the reservation when you buy it (if you're going through Disney's site).

Also don't worry too much about reservations filling up. If there's a problem during your trip then the guides are there to help.

For a one and done trip, I would pay the $400 and just extend your stay at Grand Californian. The hotel is gorgeous and is the most conveniently located. IMHO, the Adventure is quite exhausting and not having to move to another hotel would be quite advantageous. You could even ask the front desk if you could just keep the room you are in on the ABD.

If memory serves, we hopped prior to 4 pm on our ABD park days - I would definitely confirm with the guides once you have checked in for the tour.
On the other hand, if @irlapes switches hotels, they get to experience both. The rooms at DLH are wonderful, so very charming.

Have done it 5 times now, so yes it is repeatable. Find the Hollywood stuff to be less compelling on repeat trips, but the Disney stuff is awesome.
Have your trips been during different seasons..? If so was there anything special about doing it during Christmas time that would make it stand out from a regular season (aside from the decorations and such, of course, which everyone gets to enjoy). Do they alter the behind the scenes portions to show more of the holiday overlays, or anything like that?

Have your trips been during different seasons..? If so was there anything special about doing it during Christmas time that would make it stand out from a regular season (aside from the decorations and such, of course, which everyone gets to enjoy). Do they alter the behind the scenes portions to show more of the holiday overlays, or anything like that?
Yes, they were during different seasons, including Christmas time. I can't say that there was any real difference between the seasons other than the decorations. There is a huge difference between the holiday decorations at WDW and those at DL/DCA, with WDW coming off as a poor second.

On one of those trips we did hear about the holiday overlay at the Haunted Mansion. from one of the leads at that attraction. Fascinating.

I've been on it twice so far, and am going on the podcast version of the ABD this summer for a third time.

The hollywood part as mentioned above (except the muppet studios) is for me not that interesting, but the rest (studios, imaginnering and the parks) more than make up for it.

There were changes from the two, but they were minor. The big change was one time we visited the Dream Suite, and the other time we visited the DCA Club 33 lounge in Carthay Circle. I do not think they do the Club 33 lounge in DCA anymore, but I could be wrong. The behind the scene attraction offerings were more or less the same. (Radiator Springs, Soarin, Indiana Jones).

I believe another minor change was that one time we visited Walt's railroad museum, and the other time we visited the carousel.

The only other change was that the second time, Galaxy's Edge had just opened a month previously, and so we were basically just dropped off there to be there on our own.

In both cases, the guides were superb and they were definitely a highlight of both.

This morning D23 had open spots for Disney studios tour… do you know pls how does it differ from the AbD? (Meaning this part of the visit to the studios)

I signed up for the AbD on Nov mainly for the Disney part, don’t really care for the Hollywood part, so now I’m wondering if this D23 tour is a good enough experience for the money

Thoughts pls?

https://tickets.d23.com/event/official-walt-disney-studios-tour-presented-by-d238g7897d89f7g98
It looks like the D23 visit guarantees a visit to Walt's office, which the ABD does not.

This morning D23 had open spots for Disney studios tour… do you know pls how does it differ from the AbD? (Meaning this part of the visit to the studios)

I signed up for the AbD on Nov mainly for the Disney part, don’t really care for the Hollywood part, so now I’m wondering if this D23 tour is a good enough experience for the money

Thoughts pls?

https://tickets.d23.com/event/official-walt-disney-studios-tour-presented-by-d238g7897d89f7g98
If all you care about is Disney Studios, the D23 tour looks pretty good. I know people who have taken it and enjoyed it. But it does not include Imagineering, which the ABD currently *does* include. I haven't done either, so I can't compare the Disney Studios part.

Sayhello

If all you care about is Disney Studios, the D23 tour looks pretty good. I know people who have taken it and enjoyed it. But it does not include Imagineering, which the ABD currently *does* include. I haven't done either, so I can't compare the Disney Studios part.

Sayhello
I'm surprised you haven't done this ABD trip!

I’ve done both, they are similar. As said above, Walt’s office is not part of ABD tour, which was awesome to see on the d23 version.

imagineering is really the highlight, and typically the only way to see it is via ABD.

Thoughts pls?

I’ve written about this before, but here are my highlight and lowlights on the ABD:

highlights:
imagineering
walt Disney archives
being the only guests in the disneyland park before it opens
walt Disney studios
muppet studios
behind the scene attractions
walts apartment
the “secret“ extras like Walt’s barn or carousel, or dream suite.
the guides

the lowlights:
the ”vip” seating for fireworks or world of color has been just roped off places to sit on the ground, not the actual vip benches.
the vip tour of the parks is really limited other than the places you go behind the scenes. They really only take you on a few other attractions and let you go by yourself With a few genie plus passes.
the Hollywood tour is not anything special
travelling Between Hollywood and Anaheim by bus isn’t great, but not much they can do About LA traffic.

on our second trip, the whole galaxy’s edge was kind of a letdown. it had just opened like a month earlier, and we had to go tomorrowland ourselves first to get a pass to enter galaxys edge, then go to galaxy’s edge, and they just dropped us off there. There was no guide or any assistance, once we entered the area.

on our second trip, the whole galaxy’s edge was kind of a letdown. it had just opened like a month earlier, and we had to go tomorrowland ourselves first to get a pass to enter galaxys edge, then go to galaxy’s edge, and they just dropped us off there. There was no guide or any assistance, once we entered the area.
I got they've fixed that by now!

I've been on it twice so far, and am going on the podcast version of the ABD this summer for a third time.

The hollywood part as mentioned above (except the muppet studios) is for me not that interesting, but the rest (studios, imaginnering and the parks) more than make up for it.

There were changes from the two, but they were minor. The big change was one time we visited the Dream Suite, and the other time we visited the DCA Club 33 lounge in Carthay Circle. I do not think they do the Club 33 lounge in DCA anymore, but I could be wrong. The behind the scene attraction offerings were more or less the same. (Radiator Springs, Soarin, Indiana Jones).

I believe another minor change was that one time we visited Walt's railroad museum, and the other time we visited the carousel.

The only other change was that the second time, Galaxy's Edge had just opened a month previously, and so we were basically just dropped off there to be there on our own.

In both cases, the guides were superb and they were definitely a highlight of both.
What’s a podcast version?

What’s a podcast version?
That's the ABD that included members of the DIS Unplugged podcast. Typically they add special touches that those on the regular tour don't get. They may also alter the schedule to add time to some spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter