Southern California and Disneyland Adventure

Hi all.
I'm extending my stay for this trip for 2 days. It will be our first (and most probably last, as we live in Spain) trip to Disneyland California and we are considering the 3 Disney hotels for our extended stay.

The difference between changing to Disneyland hotel or Paradise pier or staying at Grand californian is 400$ aprox. Based on your experience, is it worth to stay at the Grand californian? Do you know if Disney could take care of our luggage and move it to the new room at the other hotel?

Thanks and regards
For a one and done trip, I would pay the $400 and just extend your stay at Grand Californian. The hotel is gorgeous and is the most conveniently located. IMHO, the Adventure is quite exhausting and not having to move to another hotel would be quite advantageous. You could even ask the front desk if you could just keep the room you are in on the ABD.
I saw that, but we are on next week's trip and this doesn't start until Feb 4 :(
If memory serves, we hopped prior to 4 pm on our ABD park days - I would definitely confirm with the guides once you have checked in for the tour.

I saw that, but we are on next week's trip and this doesn't start until Feb 4 :(
Enjoy your trip!!! let us know all the details!!

I can't wait for mine (13th Aug). By the way, should we make a list of departure dates for everyone? so we can know in advance if we would meet during the trip.

Regards!

Hi:
i have a question about Anvil group. Mi kid has just been vaccinated against COVID but, as per Spanish health system protocols, he will only need one jab as he has passed COVID already. Do you have any contact information for Anvil Group to check if he needs the second jab or not?

thanks and regards

Hi:
i have a question about Anvil group. Mi kid has just been vaccinated against COVID but, as per Spanish health system protocols, he will only need one jab as he has passed COVID already. Do you have any contact information for Anvil Group to check if he needs the second jab or not?

thanks and regards
Here is the Anvil contact info from the email sent out five days prior to AbD start, where travelers must submit their vaccination info -

If you have any questions about the portal, you may reach out to Anvil directly at +1 (321) 252-8924 or +44 (0) 203-859-4492.

Looks like all us March 12 ABD are going to be moved to the Grand Californian for the entire trip instead of the Loews due to the academy awards. @mikeishere you will probably get notification soon.

Looks like all us March 12 ABD are going to be moved to the Grand Californian for the entire trip instead of the Loews due to the academy awards. @mikeishere you will probably get notification soon.
Did they mention any changes to the itinerary? That's a lot more travel time on the Hollywood days.

Sayhello

Enjoy your trip!!! let us know all the details!!

I can't wait for mine (13th Aug). By the way, should we make a list of departure dates for everyone? so we can know in advance if we would meet during the trip.

Regards!
We will be on the August 13th one also!

Haven’t heard anything yet

Does this mean in our free time away from the group activities I could go into the parks? (Disneyland and California adventure) I arrive a day before on the Saturday so could I go into the parks that day and the days the group activities finish in the afternoon as before when staying at lowes that wasn’t an option given so far away from Disney?

Last edited:
We arrived a day before the adventure and had breakfast at Javista Coffee. Highly recommend! An easy walk.

PS if you have kids you may want to prepare them for the many homeless people sleeping on the sidewalks.

Haven’t heard anything yet

Does this mean in our free time away from the group activities I could go into the parks? (Disneyland and California adventure) I arrive a day before on the Saturday so could I go into the parks that day and the days the group activities finish in the afternoon as before when staying at lowes that wasn’t an option given so far away from Disney?
We asked our ABD guides and they didn’t have any information. They did note that when they do the short escape, they drive to Hollywood from Grand California hotel and have one packed day. They guessed that this would happen to your trip and you would have more free time at Disneyland rather than Hollywood.

Those of you who are currently on the trip, please let us know how is it going and enjoy it to the fullest.

BTW, is Mickey of Glendale's still on the itinerary?

Regards

We asked our ABD guides and they didn’t have any information. They did note that when they do the short escape, they drive to Hollywood from Grand California hotel and have one packed day. They guessed that this would happen to your trip and you would have more free time at Disneyland rather than Hollyw
Thanks for asking!

Hi all:
I have read that the guides give some lightning lanes passes during the park days, are those lightning lane passes only valid for the current day? or can they be used for as long as the park tickets are valid?

Thanks and regards!

Hi all:
I have read that the guides give some lightning lanes passes during the park days, are those lightning lane passes only valid for the current day? or can they be used for as long as the park tickets are valid?

Thanks and regards!
The ones we were given always expired at the end of that day unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter