Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom...can someone please explain?

How do you know which card to use at each portal and what each card will do ? I would love to play this and have all the cards but can't figure that out so haven't tried to play it yet.

thank you

This is awesome! I have 3 MK days and 2 EMH MK nights in September! I'll definitely be doing this!

I'm 27 and still love SOTMK. as other people have said if you attend a party you can get a special card. the only annoying thing i have found is if the sun is reflecting on the glass, it doesn't always pick up your card when you hold up. that being said, it is a fun mini game.

How do you know which card to use at each portal and what each card will do ? I would love to play this and have all the cards but can't figure that out so haven't tried to play it yet.

thank you
when you're playing the first level, you can play any card. I think on level 2 and 3, the card (or combo of cards) starts to matter more, but initially anything works.

Add me to the list of adults that play without kids. It's so fun to me!

thank you

On the first level, pretty much any card will work. My 4y just presents whatever. If that spell wasn't strong enough then it asks for another. Not sure if this is because her first spell is too weak. But again, I let her play whatever and it works.

She only cares about collecting cards and not the game itself, so she only plays one or two screens.

My oldest is now at level 2, and then it gets more important. But I don't keep up with it.

My 12 yo son loves this game. We were at the MK for 3 days our last trip and he spent a couple hours each day playing the game with my hubby. He got a tip from one the binder-toting adults that you can play 2 spell cards at the same time to defeat high level villains. He can't wait until our next trip (12 days!!!) and has his own binder all ready to go. And the funny thing is that we initially just picked up the cards as a souvenir.

We've played through the entire game 2x now, but still don't have a complete deck. The first time we played through it in a single day, the second over a few visits. Now we usually stop in for our cards and hit a few portals. The story is the same even if the game mechanics change as you level up. A great distraction if you have a sleeping little one in a stroller or just want to take a break from long attraction lines.

thank you

As others have mentioned, any card will do on the easy levels. The cards themselves have attributes which are important in the medium and hard levels. The characters in the medium level will drop hints about their weaknesses so that you can pick the cards to defeat them accordingly. In hard, I don't know if they still drop hints, but it's a matter of figuring out their weakness quickly.

I've heard different numbers of cards that you can play at once, but 3 or 4 sticks in my head. From what I understand (and this can easily be wrong, so take with a grain of salt), the cameras read straight across, so if that's the case, it would make sense that three or four would be the limit. My friend, who's been playing far longer than I, has his cards arranged in 3x3 plastic sleeves used for baseball cards in binders. He has them grouped together by similar spell types and marked on the edge so he knows which ones do what. He folds up his sleeves so one row can be shown to the camera for maximum effectiveness. Then he can do three rows of like spells on the front side and three rows of like spells on the back side. Also, certain card combinations will create different visual effects when played together and make a more powerful spell. It's fun to try and figure out the combos.

Stop by a walmart before you head down. I just got a few binders for our next trip. They have pokemon ones and generic black ones that hold 40? cards. I also bring a small coin purse for extra cards. DS is 5, people are always stopping to help him out and trade cards with him.

DS is 5, people are always stopping to help him out and trade cards with him.
Oh, I can just imagine that! I have one DS who is an ID Little Person and EVERYONE likes him.

Are there games only at MK and EPCOT or do the other two parks have their own games?

Oh, I can just imagine that! I have one DS who is an ID Little Person and EVERYONE likes him.

Are there games only at MK and EPCOT or do the other two parks have their own games?
DAK has Wilderness Explorers,but it is more doing "educational tasks" than "playing" a game.

MK also has the "Pirates game" in Adventureland.:)

Yeah, you do. Or if it is connected to a Magic Band, you have to keep THAT Band with you to restart your game at the same place. Otherwise, you'll have to start a new game. Even if you come on a new reservation and have a new Magic Band attached to the same MDE account, it won't link your game to the new band. I thought it did, but luckily had the older magic band in my backpack, so I was able to keep the same game going.

We found out about this last April while waiting in line for Tiana in Liberty Square. DH and DD played through it and it was awesome. Instead of going back to our resort in the afternoon like we usually would have, we stayed to play the game on that gorgeous and breezy 75 degree day. DD and DH have been swapping cards with a special SotMK FB page ever since. They can't wait to try it again in May.

Yeah, you do. Or if it is connected to a Magic Band, you have to keep THAT Band with you to restart your game at the same place. Otherwise, you'll have to start a new game. Even if you come on a new reservation and have a new Magic Band attached to the same MDE account, it won't link your game to the new band. I thought it did, but luckily had the older magic band in my backpack, so I was able to keep the same game going.

Thanks for the tip about the MagicBand. We have several now and don't always wear the same one.

How do they know that you have finished a level? Do you get instructions when you pick up your first deck?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter